DayZ Page 3

• Page

of 12 First / Last

• abs13 29 Dec 2013 18:13:43 53 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @INSOMANiAC Thanks for the heads up. Held off buying the mod. Surely time to see what all the fuss is about! :-)
  • INSOMANiAC 29 Dec 2013 18:32:00 3,829 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago

Bigger

Hard times

Edited by INSOMANiAC at 18:32:45 29-12-2013

Steam - iN5OMANiAC
    PSN - iN5OMANiCAL

• urban 30 Dec 2013 12:47:48 10,945 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Can't wait to play this this weekend!
  • monkehhh 30 Dec 2013 13:06:28 3,322 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Liking the new tower block residential area. Climbed to the top and threw myself off. It wasn't going well :)
  • DuvaDan88 30 Dec 2013 13:53:24 539 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Just made my way to the airfield near the top of the map and found some clips for my assault rifle was going to head back towards the seaside and bam was bleeding tried to hide to heal my wound as I had a couple of first aid kits and bam I'm dead damn it 4 hours in first person I come near without realising and he gets all my hard work for nothing. What an arse but still that's why I like it.

Xbox, Steam - DuvaDan
    3DS 4639-9278-1687
    Feel free to add me

• BillMurray 30 Dec 2013 13:57:57 7,742 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Hope the patches come thick and fast after the new year. I've got over 300 rounds of ammo and not a lot to shoot at. I know there's been a mention of the zombie count being upped very soon but I hope it's not a long wait.

Edited by BillMurray at 13:58:45 30-12-2013
  • abs13 30 Dec 2013 14:01:47 53 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Just been sniped at the airfield also. 3 hours down the drain, addictive as hell though!

Edited by abs13 at 14:03:48 30-12-2013
  • Banyans 30 Dec 2013 14:59:56 86 posts
    Seen 23 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Got all the stuff I need bar anything to drink...im in the middle of nowhere and every house I come across has no water so I think I might die of thirst...still fun oddly
  • twelveways 30 Dec 2013 15:28:29 4,021 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Any single player gameplay in this or is it MP only?
  • DuvaDan88 30 Dec 2013 15:48:25 539 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @twelveways you can play it by yourself just treat everyone else is the world an enemy they few I've met just since re-spawning just end up being tense stand offs between collect items or you could just find a server with next to no one in it and away you go.

Xbox, Steam - DuvaDan
    3DS 4639-9278-1687
    Feel free to add me

• BillMurray 30 Dec 2013 16:39:50 7,742 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Banyans wrote:
    Got all the stuff I need bar anything to drink...im in the middle of nowhere and every house I come across has no water so I think I might die of thirst...still fun oddly

These are your friend. If you find yourself in a town or village that's been picked dry of loot then keep an eye out for a well and you can drink until you puke.
  • INSOMANiAC 30 Dec 2013 17:36:06 3,829 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    you can drink out of ponds as well, and rivers if you're desperate

Steam - iN5OMANiAC
    PSN - iN5OMANiCAL

• StarchildHypocrethes 30 Dec 2013 17:48:20 25,871 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    My first foray into DayZ:

I ran around for around 30 mins and finally found a well to stop myself moaning about being thirsty. Then I was hungry. I'm seemingly never happy.

Ran onwards to find a small town which had no food. In the last house a guy suddenly appeared and cracked me over the head with an axe, before suddenly exclaiming "Shit, sorry, I thought you were a zombie!"

I was bleeding badly. I had nothing, he had no bandages. He apologetically stayed with me until I bled out, bless him.

The end.

Yet somehow that complete waste of 45 odd minutes was great :D
  • INSOMANiAC 30 Dec 2013 17:59:09 3,829 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @StarchildHypocrethes you can get old clothes and right click them in your inventory and turn them to rags, you can use them as bandages although they may infect you, they never have with me though. You can do it with most clothes if theyre not badly damaged

Steam - iN5OMANiAC
    PSN - iN5OMANiCAL

• poobob 30 Dec 2013 18:23:42 75 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Does the alpha suffer from the horrendous memory leak the mod does?

I can only play for an hour before the frame rate drops to single figures in places...:mad:

I've tried all the tweaks, before anyone suggests!
  • INSOMANiAC 30 Dec 2013 18:56:20 3,829 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    No, I never had that in the mod but I didn't play it for ages, might be best to ask about that in the mod thread

Steam - iN5OMANiAC
    PSN - iN5OMANiCAL

• Deleted user 30 December 2013 19:07:13
    This game. It turned me into an axe murderer. Not out of malice but out of mistrust of my fellow human and hope they had something on them to cure my rotten fruit sickness.

Karma then, that on my ill way back to an apartment block I'd been forced to leave a medkit at due to lack of inventory space I got shot.

Karma is a bastard.

Edited by SovietofBears at 19:11:25 30-12-2013
  • poobob 30 Dec 2013 19:25:52 75 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    INSOMANiAC wrote:
    No, I never had that in the mod but I didn't play it for ages, might be best to ask about that in the mod thread
    Nah, little point. I've been all over Google and it's something most suffer from. Plenty of good advice, sadly none of it works.
  • INSOMANiAC 31 Dec 2013 06:40:32 3,829 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Got a really good go on the go, plenty of food, met a nice german who gave me a can opener and some blood. Found a map and worked out where I am... then sudden;y Im in a factory and everything disappears and my character is looking down and spinning around endlessly. Had to CTRL ALT DEL out of it. I darent go back in in case I've last my best go yet..

Steam - iN5OMANiAC
    PSN - iN5OMANiCAL

• DuvaDan88 31 Dec 2013 20:00:23 539 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Damn it! I left myself near a hospital to search when I logged back in and when I did log back in I was in the middle of stand off with some guys and their assault rifles which didn't end well for me. Guess that's my fault for wanting to play in servers with 35+ players.

They updated it today which adds survivors bodies staying once they are killed found some interesting things while strolling around.

Anyone fancy trying to meet up somewhere and strolling around in a pack? I never played Day Z mod but I'm tempted to pick up Arma 2 as it cheap and see where the standalone is heading.

Xbox, Steam - DuvaDan
    3DS 4639-9278-1687
    Feel free to add me

• poobob 1 Jan 2014 16:50:05 75 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I'd be willing to meet up in the mod, if you get it.
  • DuvaDan88 1 Jan 2014 18:17:40 539 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    After watching some videos online I will just be sticking with the standalone found me the sniper just need a better scope for it and I will go survivor hunting as payback for the arses who have killed me on site.

Xbox, Steam - DuvaDan
    3DS 4639-9278-1687
    Feel free to add me

• INSOMANiAC 1 Jan 2014 20:33:41 3,829 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Just got fucked over royally by the game,I had my best set of gear Ive ever had, antibiotics, charcoal, medikits the lot, loads of food etc. Saw a fella crawling along the floor begging me to help (broken leg) I was knelt down beside him trying to drop morphine injector but it wouldnt drop, then it said I was bleeding all of a sudden, he dropped dead then it just flashed up I was dead??? what the fuck??? Well pissed me off!

Steam - iN5OMANiAC
    PSN - iN5OMANiCAL

• Metalfish 1 Jan 2014 22:03:11 8,818 posts
    Seen 4 weeks ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    You signed away your right to be annoyed when you bought a clearly flagged alpha.

;-)
  • tincanrocket 1 Jan 2014 22:08:35 3,005 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @INSOMANiAC - Same thing happened to me yesterday. I reckon you both probably were shot by a third survivor, as I'm pretty sure that's what happened to me - if they had a silencer you wouldn't hear the shot. Camping bodies and wounded casualties to see if you can use them as bait for an additional victim is deviously efficient, I'd imagine.
  • DuvaDan88 2 Jan 2014 03:06:47 539 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @poobob scratch that it's so cheap now I will pick it up when I'm home from my night. If you want we can try and meet up.

Xbox, Steam - DuvaDan
    3DS 4639-9278-1687
    Feel free to add me

• poobob 2 Jan 2014 06:54:51 75 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    You'll have to get it running first, which is a bit of a pain.

1) Download the Mod on Steam
    -Be sure that you have ran both Arma 2 and Arma 2 OA at least once. Just to the menu screen is fine
    2) Download DayZ Commander
    3) Open DayZ Commander
    4) Look at the tabs at the top of the program and click, "install/update"
    5) Update Arma 2
    6) Update DayZ to 1.7.6 (OR WHATEVER VERSION MOST SERVERS ARE PLAYING)
    7) Backout of that and go back to the main DayZ Commander page
    8) Click on settings
    9) Turn on both of the Steam options

DayZ Commander is a fantastic desktop app, far superior to the in-game server browser. Filter "Hide wrong mod version" in the server list too.

Edited by poobob at 08:03:17 02-01-2014
  • HitchHiker 2 Jan 2014 08:34:39 2,775 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Can't you just use the Steam version of the Mod?
  • INSOMANiAC 2 Jan 2014 08:40:55 3,829 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I dont wish to be an arse but I'm going to be... theres a dedicated thread for the Mod, which is where you should really post about that as it is essentially a totally different game now and this thread will end up a clusterfuck of information that doesn't apply to the standalone

Steam - iN5OMANiAC
    PSN - iN5OMANiCAL

• urban 2 Jan 2014 08:55:41 10,945 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Jumped on for an hour yesterday just to see how it plays nowadays, landed on the east coast, found a baseball bat and a few other things, got tagged by a zed and started bleeding. Came across another noob who said he'd never played before

Yeah, right

Started following me, then chasing me and then he took a swing at me. I unfurled the baseball bat and started swinging.

'You're terrible with that bat, just die, I want your backpack, let it happen'

Frantically I swing and BLAM I knock him down, set upon him swinging

He dies but not before saying 'lucky fuck'

Get to the next town, raid a few houses before encountering two guys crouched over a dead noob, they spot me and shout 'yoh! we just found him, we're friendly!'

Yeah, right

'Need some bandages there big guy?'

'If you don't mind? I've got a defib you could have'

- Upon announcing this the one with the Axe comes at me fast, he connects.

I swing my bat as wildly as I can knocking the defenceless one down before passing out but there wasn't much hope anyway.

Still can't trust anyone in this game huh? - I wonder if it's just gamer spirit or if these 'shoot first' situations are ever going to stop, I'd love them to be able to implement a system where it has benefits and fall backs to being a Bandit. Karma system SORTA worked but everyone inevitably ended up as a Bandit scarface lookin mofo

Edited by urban at 08:58:06 02-01-2014
  • Page

of 12 First / Last