Its Ł15.99 direct from steam now too.
  • Dirtbox 11 Aug 2017 19:09:20 89,383 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Still too expensive.
  • drhcnip 11 Aug 2017 19:39:11 5,405 posts
    Seen 48 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    im waiting for its inevitable move to ps plus, tbh...bought it on release, rinsed it for as long as i could then got bored and moved it on before the inevitable price plummet...

id happily pootle around in it as a sandbox but doubt i'll do that while i still have to pay for it...;)
  • Jeepers 11 Aug 2017 20:08:04 16,427 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Dirtbox wrote:
    Still too expensive.
    I kinda agree. I bought it for a tenner and I still feel slightly robbed. It's like the least exciting survival game I've ever played. And about as pretty as a 13 year old's interpretation of a Stainless Steel Rat book cover.
  • Doozler 12 Aug 2017 07:42:18 87 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Anyone give this a go last night?
  • glo 12 Aug 2017 08:47:08 3,568 posts
    Seen 54 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    @Doozler - didn't get chance as PSN was being it's usual flaky self and taking forever to download the update. Will hopefully get chance to give it a go today.

Still trying to decide if I will start a new game from scratch or continue my old save.
  • Razz 12 Aug 2017 09:16:06 63,325 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Is the update live yet?
  • Doozler 12 Aug 2017 09:24:56 87 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @glo cheers. I think I'm going to start from scratch when I get around to getting back to this. I think the "game" bits will make more sense if I don't already have most of the upgrades. I've still got a chunk of HZD so I won't be getting back to it for a while.
  • ubergine 12 Aug 2017 09:37:55 7,512 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Perhaps back up your original save first.

One thing they've done with each successive update is introduce more obstacles in the early game. Whereas before you could find tech blueprints everywhere, they've near all been locked behind grind now.

Even things like swapping for a crashed ship or multitool have been made more difficult in ways that aren't necessarily fun. A crashed ship will now have many of its inventory slots broken, so you can't just transfer all your stuff from your current ship. Eg my 15 slot starter ship, I find a crashed 16 slot one, but only 5 of its slots are useable until AFTER I accept it, then pay to unlock them.

Same with multitools. Got offered a free swap by an NPC, but the new tool had broken slots that cost 1000 creds each to fix.

Presumably when you buy stuff, this doesn't happen.
  • AaronTurner 12 Aug 2017 11:10:19 9,563 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I've been playing this again since the update. I still think it's a great game. The update is particularly good for new players I'd say, there is a lot more direction and everything is a little less opaque.
  • Furtive_Pygmy 12 Aug 2017 12:37:52 6,435 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    What's performance like now on PC, hit and miss depending on setup or what?

I've got a 980Ti - i5 4690k - 8GB Ram.

Tempted to get it at the current price.
  • wuntyphyve 12 Aug 2017 13:06:03 9,632 posts
    Seen 24 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I see they still havent sorted the annoying repetitive messages that appear in the lower right. I know i can discard from my inventory, I know i can follow the atlas path from the galaxy map. Please sod off. Spent the whole morning on it and got nowhere. Business as usual then! I did find a crashed freighter though, pick up a mission and tried to bribe a pirate. Lots of improvements and tweaks elsewhere but had to build a new base on a new planet as my home planet went from lush and safe to barren and boiling, with my old base floating ten feet in the air.
  • Gaol 12 Aug 2017 13:08:54 3,246 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Can someone explain why the NMS didn't automatically download last night? I subscribed to PS Plus recently and have auto downloads on. I have to try and boot up the game before it decides it needs to download a huge patch. What am I paying for exactly?
  • Eighthours 12 Aug 2017 13:20:36 710 posts
    Seen 4 weeks ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Gaol wrote:
    Can someone explain why the NMS didn't automatically download last night? I subscribed to PS Plus recently and have auto downloads on. I have to try and boot up the game before it decides it needs to download a huge patch. What am I paying for exactly?
    Patches only download for games you've played recently. I can't remember how recently, but it's so if you have a big library of games, you're not having to download patches all the time for stuff you never play anymore.
  • francisbaud 12 Aug 2017 13:20:44 11 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    I wish they went for the MMO route from the beginning. It would have been the perfect setting for it I guess. Exploration is a lot more fun with a group of friends or guild.
  • Gaol 12 Aug 2017 13:31:12 3,246 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Eighthours wrote:
    Gaol wrote:
    Patches only download for games you've played recently. I can't remember how recently, but it's so if you have a big library of games, you're not having to download patches all the time for stuff you never play anymore.
    Thanks for the explanation. It makes sense I haven't played it in ages. Still a bit annoying, I wish you could force it to keep certain titles up to date.
  • ubergine 13 Aug 2017 07:05:13 7,512 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    More assholey/grindy changes. Repairing crashed ships inventory slots is so expensive there's no advantage to nabbing a "free" crashed ship over one you might buy at a space station. Just cost me 500,000 to gain four slots (with tech repairs still to do) and I was turning down ships at the dock that were significantly better for not much more.

To the save/load menu!
  • Banyans 13 Aug 2017 07:48:42 444 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I found a crashed ship with 25 slots, 5 of which had been 'damaged' took it to the space station and tried to buy one of the pilots craft. I did notice that it seemed to take the worth of your ship into account. So if I wanted to I could have got a slightly smaller but fully functional ship for free. Might be a worthwhile plan if your struggling for cash...

I kept my broken ugly ass ship though...
  • AceGrace 13 Aug 2017 07:54:35 3,146 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Update 1.31 downloaded yesterday evening. Bug fixes?
  • ubergine 13 Aug 2017 11:32:33 7,512 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Behold! Much needed bug patch after my console was forced offline for a couple days by some kind of bug.
  • ubergine 13 Aug 2017 11:35:23 7,512 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Banyans wrote:
    I found a crashed ship with 25 slots, 5 of which had been 'damaged' took it to the space station and tried to buy one of the pilots craft. I did notice that it seemed to take the worth of your ship into account. So if I wanted to I could have got a slightly smaller but fully functional ship for free. Might be a worthwhile plan if your struggling for cash...

I kept my broken ugly ass ship though...
    That probs would have done it for me, but in my case I was going from a 15 slot ship to a 19 slot one that I would have had to pay 500k to use properly, on top of the embuggerance of fixing the systems again. I'd have taken your deal though.

Hopefully this patch makes the suit cargo slot useable, fuck getting a new ship of that can work.
  • ubergine 13 Aug 2017 11:44:49 7,512 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I read the patch notes, it doesn't mention it.
  • Daryoon 13 Aug 2017 11:57:52 5,906 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Yeah, I tried buying a slot after the patch and nothing happened. I guess now, even the patches are early access!
  • ChiefGB 13 Aug 2017 12:13:58 7,391 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    So, not exactly glowing praise in here then.
  • Daryoon 13 Aug 2017 12:55:48 5,906 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    It's far better than what released a year ago, but it still has a ways to go. There needs to be more variation in (and across) planets beyond "random colours + random sea level + random environmental quirk". It would help if they did some basic solar system simulation, of course - cold planets furthest from their sun, inhospitable molten rocks tidally locked at its edge...

Which reminds me: there's still a complete lack of lava and volcanic planets...
  • SteveMsater 13 Aug 2017 13:05:36 338 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I'm on the verge of buying this, but it needs to have utterly barren and desolate rock planets, with nothing at all on them. Does it have those?
  • quadfather 13 Aug 2017 13:43:21 29,643 posts
    Seen 47 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Just giving it another go after about a year. Deleted old save as it just confused the fuck out of me and pootling on base planet. Toxic rain and everything is broken on ship + suit. Yeah, thanks for that
  • Daryoon 13 Aug 2017 13:58:56 5,906 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    SteveMsater wrote:
    I'm on the verge of buying this, but it needs to have utterly barren and desolate rock planets, with nothing at all on them. Does it have those?
    I've found a couple since I restarted. The only "life" they have are the plants that spawn resources (for obvious gameplay reasons). They're still not much different to any other planet, though. Same basic structures, landscaping, caves etc - they're just missing a layer of foliage.
  • SteveMsater 13 Aug 2017 14:11:59 338 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Hmmm

Ok thanks. Miiight get it, I just want to fly around in a spaceship.
  • quadfather 13 Aug 2017 14:37:51 29,643 posts
    Seen 47 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    You have to fix the fucking thing first before you can fly it :)
  • Page

of 273 First / Last

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.