Just Cause 3

• Page

of 1

Previous Next
  • Bloobat 4 Dec 2013 14:03:24 197 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Well Looks like JC3 is finally close to being announced, I absolutely LOVED the first and second and dare I say it had more fun in Just Cause 2 than any other open world game (yes GTA V included)

Pointer to Announcement: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8q_m7MtU2IA#t=288

Could be a totally new IP but I doubt it!

Anyone else looking forward to this? What new features would you like? Co-op for me would be awesome :)
  • glaeken 4 Dec 2013 14:33:54 11,197 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    It would be the perfect game to show off next gen advances. I would imagine Avalanche could pull off some amazing stuff given when they managed in the last gen.
  • Deleted user 4 December 2013 14:46:26
    Some decent voice actors would be a start.
  • PearOfAnguish 4 Dec 2013 14:58:38 7,319 posts
    Seen 35 seconds ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    More interesting missions. It was fun as hell to fuck about in but the missions were tedious.
  • pauleyc 4 Dec 2013 15:16:22 4,466 posts
    Seen 31 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    PearOfAnguish wrote:
    More interesting missions. It was fun as hell to fuck about in but the missions were tedious.
    "Fry me to the moon" was a rare gem IMO, if only for the surprise near the end.
  • estoo 4 Dec 2013 15:20:20 2,825 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I loved JC2, one of my favorite games of the last few years, such a beautiful sandbox to dick around in.

I would like to see them borrow some of the stealth/rpg lite elements of Farcry3 for the next installment.
  • JiveHound 4 Dec 2013 15:24:41 2,472 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Count me as very interested. I enjoyed both Just Cause and Renegade Ops.

Live: Jive Hands
    PSN: Jive_Hands

• kalel 4 Dec 2013 15:27:58 87,904 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I'd like it to not merge together with every other open world action game out there by copying elements like stealth and RPG-lite.
  • Bloobat 5 Dec 2013 12:43:03 197 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I wouldn't mind them adding stealth elements however I think the controls/movement would have to be refined ALOT to make it work. The series doesn't really need it anyway!

Like others have said:

Better story
    Mission variety
    Co-op

Would be my most wanted features

bolo Santosieeeeeee
  • Phattso Moderator 6 Dec 2013 01:31:20 13,345 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I think I'd be happy enough if they ditched the split between missions and fucking about, and just found a way to make the fucking about become the missions.

It'd be great to be tooling about, and then just have some crazy objectives appear. "Yeah, that'd be fun!" and then do that, and have it feed into whatever the overarching 'story' or metanarrative was. They've always done the factions thing, so it maybe wouldn't be too hard.

People could petition you for aid. "Hey - come help Bolo blow some shit up" vs. "Bolo is a tool, come help Generic Asian Man on his bid for domination".

It'd be nice if they made the entire game about the things most of us spent the majority of our time doing in their games. If I hijack an aircraft (just randomly, as I did A LOT in JC2) perhaps one of them has an important diplomat on board ("have you any idea who is _on_ that 'plane you just jacked?! Get them to blahblah and we'll pay you blah!") and if you can deliver them intact you get the reward.

It's a mission, but I didn't rock up to a point, press a button, and then have it effectively sub-sandbox me into a minigame.

Or they could just do what they've always done, and I'll make my own fun like I always do. :)
  • Mola_Ram 6 Dec 2013 10:24:28 7,437 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    -save anywhere feature, more generous checkpointing
    -stealth isn't really needed, but I would like a way to lose heat more quickly, or at least for it to accumulate more slowly. As it is, in jc2 I usually need to run away like a little girl several times before I'm able to complete a military base
    -better movement controls. Yes, the grapple and parachute is awesome, but general moving around was cumbersome
  • Page

of 1

Previous Next