Why you shouldn't rush to get that Yoshi cleaning cloth (Club Nintendo offers)

• Page

of 1

Previous Next
  • kupocake 4 Dec 2013 12:46:04 125 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Just been looking through the history of Nintendo promotions for the 3DS, and wow, I wish I got my 3DS sooner, because they've been giving away a load of decent free stuff in 2013. Here's hoping it continues in 2014 (though perhaps they'll focus on the Wii U instead...)

Thought it may be useful to list the last year of deals here as a reminder that you'd be insane to actually use European Club Nintendo codes for items in our crappy stars catalogue. These offers don't tend to be retro-active, and the latest goes to prove that you should read the terms and conditions carefully to avoid jumping the gun.

System purchasing incentives:
    2013 Welcome Campaign (Super Mario 3D Land free if you register one of 15 games and a 3DS/XL system) [EXPIRES 14/01/13]

2012 Christmas 3DS XL Campaign(One of five games free if you register a new 3DS XL console) [EXPIRED]

Free second copy of a game incentives:
    Animal Crossing: New Leaf [EXPIRED]

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate [EXPIRED]

Buy X get one free:
    Buy 3 of 8 titles, get fourth free [EXPIRED]

Have I missed any? Anybody think we will we get a mid year buy x get one free again? Are there any upcoming games that may prompt a second free copy?

Edited by kupocake at 12:47:23 04-12-2013
  • redcrayon 4 Dec 2013 14:20:02 4,567 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    To be fair, there's nothing stopping you spending the points on whatever you like, it's more that you should hang on to the registration codes (that give you the points) until a promotion comes up, as it's the act of registering within a specific timeframe that gives the free stuff.

This seems to go double if you have a code for the latest first-party game or 3DS hardware.

I quite like my two little Mario Kart trophies from the points catalogue :D

In the last couple of years, I've had free copies of Luigi's Mansion 2 (the too many games promotion) Mario 3D land (2012 Xmas XL promotion) and Kid Icarus 3D, that's on top of Four Swords, Excitebike and the ambassador games. About 25 free games all in all. Seems fairly generous to me.
  • Kafeen 4 Dec 2013 14:28:43 555 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    kupocake wrote:
    Just been looking through the history of Nintendo promotions for the 3DS, and wow, I wish I got my 3DS sooner, because they've been giving away a load of decent free stuff in 2013.
    I thought the opposite.

I wished I didn't get my 3DS so early because if I got it now I could get free stuff.

The free Super Mario 3D Land this year and the free offer last year are great if you got a 3DS during that period. I got mine earlier and so got nothing.
  • el_pollo_diablo 16 Dec 2013 00:18:56 2,106 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I got 20 ambassador games. I've played about an hours worth of them!
  • redcrayon 16 Dec 2013 10:35:38 4,567 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I've put about 8 hours into Metroid Fusion, and about 20 into Zelda: Minish Cap and Fire Emblem:Sacred Stones. The rest didn't interest me at all, but seeing as they were three of my favourite GBA games I was alright with that!

I don't really know why Nintendo is determined to keep pushing the early NES stuff like ExciteBike, Balloon fight, Urban Champions, Ice Climbers etc. I didn't think they were worth more than two minutes play in the late-eighties, let alone now.
  • Page

of 1

Previous Next