Stuck on Batman: Blackgate! (please help)

• Page

of 1

Previous Next
  • liohuffman 28 Oct 2013 13:04:10 25 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Apologies for creating a thread about this, but I'm not sure who / where else to ask:-

I've looked all over the internet for walkthroughs, but I'm struggling at the end of this game; can anybody help?

I need to "go to Arkham Wing" where I believe I will fight Catwoman (the final boss), but I'm totally stuck on how to get there - I've been circling the maps for ages with no luck

Has anybody else completed the game, and/or could someone kindly point me in the direction of a walkthrough?

Note: it's not the actual boss I'm stuck on, but rather how to get there

Thanks!
  • Bremenacht 28 Oct 2013 13:22:04 17,613 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Enter Ed's Diner by the side entrance.
    Go to the ladies toilets (NOT the gents)
    Enter the second cubicle from the left.
    Flush three times.
    Select the batarang.
  • liohuffman 28 Oct 2013 13:32:33 25 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Huh?? I vaguely remember seeing a toilet block in one of the Batman games, but I'm totally confused by this
  • Bremenacht 28 Oct 2013 16:29:34 17,613 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Oh hang about, it varies. Exactly which Batman are you playing, and what DLC have you got?
  • TheMightyRose 28 Oct 2013 16:57:19 174 posts
    Seen 9 months ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @liohuffman

Ignore Bremenacht. He is winding you up. You actually need the Bat log unjammer attachment before you can even use the toilet! He he.

Seriously though there should be ladders in the area where you fought the Penguin. Stand in front of them and press circle to enter.

You just got aided by The Mighty Rose son. Wow. You better take a screen grab!
  • liohuffman 28 Oct 2013 18:29:14 25 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @TheMightyRose Thanks a lot! By the time I read your message I'd managed to get some help on the GameFAQs forum, but it's amazing how many other people are getting stuck at similar locations throughout the game.

I NEVER would have spotted that tiny ladder as it looks like all the others and doesn't show in Detective Mode. The only 'clue' is the red symbol on the map, but I wasn't sure what this was referring to.

Thanks again!
  • Grax 28 Oct 2013 20:41:18 1,801 posts
    Seen 29 seconds ago
    Registered 11 months ago
    @Bremenacht tell me more about this eds diner and their poor plumbing
  • Bremenacht 28 Oct 2013 21:02:20 17,613 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Might have been Arkham City.
  • spamdangled 28 Oct 2013 21:08:27 27,270 posts
    Seen 6 seconds ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    On the note of Blackgate, are there any reviews kicking around? I've seen plenty for Origins but Blackgate seems to have been overlooked.

3DS: 4055-2781-2855 Xbox: spamdangled PSN: dark_morgan Wii U: Spamdangle Steam: spamdangled

• Zizoo 28 Oct 2013 21:11:31 8,115 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-vita/batman-arkham-origins-blackgate

Decent review from Polygon.

I wonder if EG will bother reviewing it.
  • elstoof 28 Oct 2013 21:12:27 6,631 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Ign have one up.
  • Grax 28 Oct 2013 21:15:05 1,801 posts
    Seen 29 seconds ago
    Registered 11 months ago
    http://m.uk.ign.com/articles/2013/10/25/batman-arkham-origins-blackgate-review
  • aros 29 Oct 2013 13:35:16 2,579 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    It seems like a solid 7/10 game so far for me. Probably worth 25.
  • Zizoo 29 Oct 2013 14:17:25 8,115 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    http://www.eurogamer.net/forum/thread/252874
  • Murbal 29 Oct 2013 15:27:43 21,931 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    aros wrote:
    It seems like a solid 7/10 game so far for me. Probably worth 25.
    But you paid 26, right? ;-)
  • TheMightyRose 29 Oct 2013 17:43:50 174 posts
    Seen 9 months ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    The game informer review pretty much gets it bang on. Tim Rose has just started playing Arkham Origins as well and there is more prisoners in the opening scenes in Blackgate than there is in the entirety of the Vita game which is set in Blackgate!

I am currently hunting down the last two detective clues I need but it really is tedious. You have to scan everything in each room in the hope something will be revealed.
  • TheMightyRose 30 Oct 2013 11:20:24 174 posts
    Seen 9 months ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Tim Rose finally finished this and has started a second walkthrough. I located all the clues but have now forgotten where the blue encryption key is! No! Now The Mighty Rose is lost yet again. The layout of Blackgate is an absolute nightmare.

I can confirm that the 100 combo trophy can only be obtained in one fight scene. The babe magnet hit a 95 combo early doors in the game but there were just not enough enemies to take it upto 100. Bugger.
  • Steve_Perry 30 Oct 2013 11:31:41 3,617 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Are you mental?

VIVA STEFANSEN

• Ignatius_Cheese Moderator 30 Oct 2013 11:56:25 10,852 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Yes, yes he is.
  • neilka 30 Oct 2013 12:22:44 15,668 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    If you're going to talk about yourself in the third person then at least be consistent about it.
  • kinky_mong 30 Oct 2013 12:39:39 9,977 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    He's not mental, just a try-hard.

I'll never get my Orc looking the same again.

• TheMightyRose 1 Nov 2013 14:41:50 174 posts
    Seen 9 months ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Tim Rose comes back after spending the last few days working on Blackgate (I have almost gotten the platinum on this guys only need a few more suit parts and to get the last ending!) only to find that this thread has become all about The Mighty Rose. It seems even Batman has to take a backseat when it comes to me! How marvelous.

One cannot help but be disappointed however when he notices that the EG equivalent of Piers Morgan's belly button lint has saw fit to chime in on this thread. If you can't be witty then just be petty and snidey instead eh Kinky Mong? I am still laughing at your post as I type this. As EG posters go you're really not fit to wipe my arse son.

A try-hard? I mean seriously? Come on now. This is truly risible. It is the kind of insult usually employed by ignorant little kids over the internet. From an adult, however, it is just pathetic. It just goes to show how much the standard of this board has dropped over these past few years when bottom feeders like Kinky Mong become the norm.

A try-hard would not disappear for weeks, sometimes months on end, without bothering to post as I tend to do. Nor, should it be noted, would a try-hard persist in speaking in the third person when he knows it annoys certain people on this board. Indeed, much like the Beautiful South song, Tim Rose (me!) simply carries on doing it regardless. Hardly the conduct of a try-hard now is it?
    Leaving all that aside though, the obvious question would be this: why on earth would anybody on EG need to be a try-hard in the first place?

Answers please son. I could do with another giggle. Is being accepted by some hairy arsed blokes on an internet forum your idea of making it in life? If so then you really should consider calling it a day.

Poor old Kinky Mong reminds me of those snidey little weeds that can usually be found hanging around with bullies. That seems to fit your character on this board rather nicely son. Perhaps instead of attacking others you might want to try hard (see what I did there?) to improve the quality of your own posts. At the moment the few posts that I have read, and that did not put me to sleep, have all the depth of an Andy McNab novel and are just as forgettable. Putting time and effort into something always yields results no matter how lacking in basic skills the person may be. You should try it. Work on the quality of your writing Mong, and maybe one day who knows Tim Rose might just see fit to toss a bog roll your way.
  • kinky_mong 1 Nov 2013 14:50:05 9,977 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I've definitely hit a nerve! :D

I'll never get my Orc looking the same again.

• Gambit1977 1 Nov 2013 14:54:39 9,583 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I know there are links above, but anyone who's played this...is it any good?
    I was hoping it would be a side scrolling metroid vania with cool bat tools.
  • Gambit1977 1 Nov 2013 14:55:43 9,583 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Actually, no need to answer, just saw a 3/10....
  • TheMightyRose 1 Nov 2013 14:56:01 174 posts
    Seen 9 months ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @Kinky Mong

Call me. we'll do lunch babes.

The game is a 6/10. It does not really push the Vita but works as a nice little time waster if you are short of something to play.

Edited by TheMightyRose at 14:56:34 01-11-2013

Edited by TheMightyRose at 14:57:47 01-11-2013
  • Load_2.0 1 Nov 2013 15:15:22 18,925 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    TheMightyRose wrote:
    A try-hard? I mean seriously? Come on now. This is truly risible. It is the kind of insult usually employed by ignorant little kids over the internet.
    Yet so very apt.
  • Bremenacht 1 Nov 2013 15:59:41 17,613 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    TheMightyRose wrote:
    Putting time and effort into something always yields results no matter how lacking in basic skills the person may be.
    :D

It certainly has! Congrats!
  • Page

of 1

Previous Next