National "We love the mods" day Page 2

• Page

of 18 First / Last

• Blerk Moderator 22 Oct 2013 20:11:01 48,225 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    FuzzyDuck wrote:
    I made a point of not naming names in my OP.

Fact is that the (so-called) moderation has gone to shit and if people want to discuss it, we should have a place to do it.
    Hey! :(

Edited by Blerk at 20:11:38 22-10-2013
  • danathjo 22 Oct 2013 20:11:33 7,403 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Genuine question, is it several mods or just that clown HA doing all the changes?

Can't say I've ever paid attention who the mods were until now, MrTomftw seems nice though.
  • MrTomFTW Moderator 22 Oct 2013 20:12:07 38,341 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    FuzzyDuck wrote:
    I made a point of not naming names in my OP.

Fact is that the (so-called) moderation has gone to shit and if people want to discuss it, we should have a place to do it.
    Gone to shit! I don't even know what they're paying us for any more!

Follow me on Twitter: @MrTom
    Voted by the community "Best mod" 2011, 2012 and 2013.

• sport 22 Oct 2013 20:12:39 12,758 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    kalel wrote:
    sport wrote:
    kalel wrote:
    Seriously, give the guy (HA) a fucking break. He meant no harm whatsoever and it was all well meaning, plus it was fuck all really. It really is time to let this one go.
    You're better than that, mate.
    I'd have kept that one in my back pocket longer. Wasted
    ;-P yeah, but the original use must still be fresh or the context will be lost.

It's a fine line I guess.
  • MrTomFTW Moderator 22 Oct 2013 20:12:49 38,341 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    danathjo wrote:
    Genuine question, is it several mods or just that clown HA doing all the changes?

Can't say I've ever paid attention who the mods were until now, MrTomftw seems nice though.
    You can stay as well.

• Deleted user 22 October 2013 20:14:08
    I was annoyed at HA taking liberties with his power beyond his duty.

Then he spoke to Venatio and Venatio said it's basically okay. So it now is his duty, so I'm begrudgingly fine with it.

So that's kind of where it should end, as long as it's just thread titles that need grammatical fixes or whatever the decided upon rules are, and not comedy fixes or ones for personal stylistic reason.
  • Pinky_Floyd 22 Oct 2013 20:14:22 7,908 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Who made my wii u deus ex thread a general gaming thread?  Everyone knows the elite gamepad version should have its own thread.  Have they nothing better to do?  The little princesses.
  • thedaveeyres 22 Oct 2013 20:15:04 11,131 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    #cryeveryteim

D****** ******r

XBLA: Hamster Trippin
    Steam: thedaveeyres
    PSN: HamsterTrippin

• MrTomFTW Moderator 22 Oct 2013 20:16:12 38,341 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Pinky_Floyd wrote:
    Who made my wii u deus ex thread a general gaming thread?  Everyone knows the elite gamepad version should have its own thread.  Have they nothing better to do?  The little princesses.
    That was a perfectly valid change dammit!

• FuzzyDuck 22 Oct 2013 20:16:50 4,198 posts
    Seen 48 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    meme wrote:

Then he spoke to Venatio and Venatio said it's basically okay. So it now is his duty, so I'm begrudgingly fine with it.

So that's kind of where it should end, as long as it's just thread titles that need grammatical fixes or whatever the decided upon rules are, and not comedy fixes or ones for personal stylistic reason.
    Which'd be great if the fixes to some of the thread titles weren't grammatically unsound (even the change to this thread has two errors in it!). And what about the "swapsie" threads? Changing those is just being a self-entitled dick.

Edited by FuzzyDuck at 20:18:25 22-10-2013
  • Pinky_Floyd 22 Oct 2013 20:17:12 7,908 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @MrTomFTW I flushed you out.  Cant believe you fell for that.  Princess.
  • MrTomFTW Moderator 22 Oct 2013 20:17:58 38,341 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Oh lighten up Francis.

• mrpon 22 Oct 2013 20:19:14 28,995 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Couldn't give two shits about thread titles, HairyArse or Nipples. But for the love of god bring back Portable view for fucks sakes fuckers.

Give yourself £5 or ½ gig, you're worth it.

• spamdangled 22 Oct 2013 20:19:26 27,356 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    FuzzyDuck wrote:
    meme wrote:

Which'd be great if the fixes to some of the thread titles weren't grammatically unsound (even the change to this thread has two errors in it!). And what about the "swapsie" threads? Changing those is just being a self-entitled dick.
    You realise half the stuff that HA is being accused of, he didn't even do right?

Like this one.

3DS: 4055-2781-2855 Xbox: spamdangled PSN: dark_morgan Wii U: Spamdangle Steam: spamdangled

• Deleted user 22 October 2013 20:19:55
    I thought calling bdaggers princess was me taking the high ground after he called me a cunt.

Also, that's exactly why the thread was locked - he ruined what was a reasonably healthy discussion up until that point.
  • Deleted user 22 October 2013 20:20:04
    mrpon wrote:
    Couldn't give two shits about thread titles, HairyArse or Nipples. But for the love of god bring back Portable view for fucks sakes fuckers.
    YES

Let's focus on the more pressing issues here, people.
  • Deleted user 22 October 2013 20:21:14
    Also, for the tenth time today, I haven't edited a thread title since Friday. I'm not the only one with a Nazi-gold-plated Sheriff's badge around here.
  • RyanDS 22 Oct 2013 20:21:15 9,431 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    darkmorgado wrote:
    FuzzyDuck wrote:
    meme wrote:

You realise half the stuff that HA is being accused of, he didn't even do right?

Like this one.
    Hush you and your "facts" getting in the way of a good princess tantrum!
  • Pinky_Floyd 22 Oct 2013 20:21:40 7,908 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    You cant run around calling folk a princess, princess.  It upsets people.  They arent even real people, just internet people, its not the same thing. 
  • Deleted user 22 October 2013 20:22:12
    I thought this was the mentalgate thread for a second there.
  • MrTomFTW Moderator 22 Oct 2013 20:23:21 38,341 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    HairyArse wrote:
    Also, for the tenth time today, I haven't edited a thread title since Friday. I'm not the only one with a Nazi-gold-plated Sheriff's badge around here.
    Hey wait a minute, mine's plastic! What the fuck?

• FuzzyDuck 22 Oct 2013 20:24:10 4,198 posts
    Seen 48 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    darkmorgado wrote:
    FuzzyDuck wrote:
    meme wrote:

Like this one.
    Again, I didn't name any names, but pointing out that someone did it.
  • Deleted user 22 October 2013 20:26:18
    @HairyArse

I don't know if this will help or hinder your cause, but I agreeded with your moderation initiatives. Fortunately for you, so does kalel; because my endorsement might have been a citation of proof that everyone disagrees with you.

However, I think the “princess” remark was wrong on all counts. It wasn't required to begin with imo. But assuming it was required, why not go for the one wood, instead of the putter?

To quote Point Break, “ If you project weakness, you draw aggression... that's how people get hurt. Fear causes hesitation, and hesitation ... to come true. You project strength to avoid conflict.”
  • Deleted user 22 October 2013 20:27:40
    You said you didn't name names but you referred to Princess bdaggers in your original post.
  • spamdangled 22 Oct 2013 20:28:12 27,356 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    It really is the end of reason when people start quoting bloody Point Break.

3DS: 4055-2781-2855 Xbox: spamdangled PSN: dark_morgan Wii U: Spamdangle Steam: spamdangled

• Deleted user 22 October 2013 20:28:35
    So he can call me a cunt but I can't call him princess?
  • FuzzyDuck 22 Oct 2013 20:29:24 4,198 posts
    Seen 48 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    HairyArse wrote:
    I thought calling bdaggers princess was me taking the high ground after he called me a cunt.

Also, that's exactly why the thread was locked - he ruined what was a reasonably healthy discussion up until that point.
    You're a mod, you're not supposed to engage in slanging matches.

Okay, so this thread isn't locked (and will hopefully remain civil) - so why exactly are all these silly changes being made around the forum? It's draw enough ire to be an issue for some posters, so why bother doing it? They're not even constructive changes, just change for the sake of it and looks like it's been done purely because someone has the power to do so.
  • spamdangled 22 Oct 2013 20:30:47 27,356 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    oh ffs, just let it die before we all go insane.

• bitch_tits_zero_nine 22 Oct 2013 20:31:04 6,652 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I'm with vizzini on this one
  • Page

of 18 First / Last