of 277 First / Last

• vamo87 27 Oct 2013 06:00:34 1 posts
    Seen 9 months ago
    Registered 10 months ago
    diablo 3 on xBox360 and playstation3 is better then on PC
  • teamHAM 27 Oct 2013 20:00:33 2,882 posts
    Seen 57 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Anyone know how stash access works when you are using two characters on one account for local co-op (ps3)?

I made a new character for someone to then join me with local co-op, and later on when I logged in to said character to continue single player I couldn't see the free stuff in the stash, but when I created a new character it was there. Does playing local co-op permanently mess up stash for that character?

XBox Live, Origin, PSN and Steam: teamHAM

• spamdangled 27 Oct 2013 20:03:09 27,276 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    vamo87 wrote:
    diablo 3 on xBox360 and playstation3 is better then on PC
    In your opinion... I enjoyed it on console, but it's way too easy and far too generous with its loot drops. Since gone back to D3 on PC and not looked back.

3DS: 4055-2781-2855 Xbox: spamdangled PSN: dark_morgan Wii U: Spamdangle Steam: spamdangled

• bitch_tits_zero_nine 27 Oct 2013 20:34:04 6,654 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I wish they'd patch the evade move into the PC version though. That's genius.
  • spamdangled 27 Oct 2013 21:27:38 27,276 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    bitch_tits_zero_nine wrote:
    I wish they'd patch the evade move into the PC version though. That's genius.
    I never actually found it much use personally,but I can see that it would be with a ranged class like the Demon Hunter or the Wizard.

3DS: 4055-2781-2855 Xbox: spamdangled PSN: dark_morgan Wii U: Spamdangle Steam: spamdangled

• bitch_tits_zero_nine 27 Oct 2013 22:12:22 6,654 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    It was superficial to a degree I guess, but it made the combat feel more involved imo.
  • Arrr9 27 Oct 2013 22:46:48 415 posts
    Seen 7 days ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Going back to the PC version after having not played it in a while I can't say I miss it too much but it was kind of handy all the same, felt kind of natural to flick the analogue stick to get away from demon yich. It did make it feel a little more involved which sometimes mad mouse flicking can't make up for. I guess the solution is patch in controller support for PC, which sadly, I can't see stubborn Blizzard doing.

I don't really want an extra button for evade on PC though which the mouse has covered for you anyway.
  • Telepathic.Geometry 27 Oct 2013 23:44:41 11,292 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    vamo87 wrote: diablo 3 on xBox360 and playstation3 is better then on PC
    darkmorgado wrote: In your opinion... I enjoyed it on console, but it's way too easy and far too generous with its loot drops. Since gone back to D3 on PC and not looked back.
    Don't get me wrong, I'm not interested in igniting a console versus PC flamewar, but in what way is it being generous with its loot a bad thing? If you ask me it's not generous enough. I have played through it from start to finish about 5 or 6 times, and I'm about ready to quit, and I still have only one perfect gem (red) and haven't gotten even one item of better gear in 5 or 10 hours.

Also, difficulty shouldn't be a complaint. On Master V, my 210K DPS monk is only barely able to survive, and I have to sell most of my loot to keep up with repair costs. If it were really an issue, start a new character and play through on Master V from the get-go or something...

|| PSN Barrysama || NNID Barrysama ||

• zarock987 27 Oct 2013 23:52:05 1 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 10 months ago
    i really wish they would impplement pvp in diablo 3
  • spamdangled 28 Oct 2013 04:49:53 27,276 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @Telepathic.Geometry

There's generous and there's too generous. On the console version the game gives away epic loot like candy - it drops so often that it's no longer exciting or meaningful. There's some other issues with the loot system on consoles as well. In my opinion the loot drops are too attuned to your class, which makes the personal stash rather redundant - it's unlikely you'll find something really decent for one of your alts. Even when gear for other classes does drop, it's normally with stats that are only useful for the character it drops for - Mighty Belts dropping with huge amounts of intelligence, for example.

IMO of course :)

• Mola_Ram 28 Oct 2013 04:56:25 7,217 posts
    Seen 50 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Well, I had my fair share of issues on the PC version with unique wands dropping with massive Strength bonuses and whatnot.

There's probably a balance that needs to be struck, between loot that is mostly useless (PC version) and the console version where it's (allegedly, as I haven't played it) too plentiful.
  • Telepathic.Geometry 28 Oct 2013 05:02:45 11,292 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Well, it's all a matter of perspective of course, but for me, Epics drop only twice or thrice an hour. And even when they do drop, half of the time it's a weapon that I can't use like a two-handed weapon for example. It certainly isn't like they drop like candy...

If I had any complaint it's that loot doesn't drop more. I have already completed the game several times over, I've fought almost every enemy, and I am basically finished with it now. I do want to finish that last money trophy, and complete my gems and build a hellfire ring and head off to whimsyshire, but in order to do that, I have to play through the game again and again and grind.

Summary: I want more drops. Especially more gems and more epics/keys...

• spamdangled 28 Oct 2013 05:05:30 27,276 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I think Blizzard have said that Loot 2.0 will be a balance between the two, which sounds better to my ears - drops will be frequent enough that loot remains interesting, but not so frequent that it stops being exciting when a shiny new legendary drops. On the console version I was getting a legendary every 10 minutes by the time I stopped playing, and as a result I'd just lost interest. I had about 4 copies of the same legendary Daibo (Balance).
    I get a decent legenary about every hour or two on PC, which is about right in my mind - I can play for short bursts and still come away feeling like I've achieved something. Paragon 2.0 looks pretty interesting as well, bringing more choice to the endgame grind.
    I'd like to see gem crafting made cheaper as well - they're ridiculously expensive on PC.

They'll probably do a large revision of how item stats are rolled as well, knowing them. They've already done one large revision of it on the PC.

Edited by darkmorgado at 05:08:13 28-10-2013

• Telepathic.Geometry 28 Oct 2013 05:31:04 11,292 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I guess my main problem with the game is, having played every level several times, and fought every monster and every boss several times, I want to finish up. In order to do that, I cranked it up to Master V level, and found that the drops were certainly no better, and possibly even worse than just plain Hard.

If they kept Master V as difficult as it is, but tripled the drops or something, I'd have much more interest in playing it, but it took me three times as long to take down the monsters, and the loot was the same at best. I guess I was getting more Gold, but not more Gold per minute, if that makes sense.

When I was playing through Inferno, and I was gaining Paragon levels, and seeing levels that hadn't spawned before, and meeting ghosts or enenmies who hadn't appeared before, it was still interesting for me, despite it being my 4th playthrough. And I think that Blizzard should be praised for making a game that can be played through several times.

But it takes too long. There are several ghosts I have yet to meet, a few merchants I haven't found yet, some sets of armor I want to complete, and the stuff I mentioned before (e.g. whimsyshire, hellfire ring), but in order to get at it I'm supposed to what? Play through the game again and again and again until some day it randomly spawns? I'm too busy for that nonsense.

If they made it so that at Master V, all enemies appear, and all dungeons spawn, and all NPCs appear, and all armor sets (or plans) are to be found somewhere, I'd be all in again for an all out war. But, that's not the case. It's a shame. I guess a lot of gamers like the random, gambling style of loot drops, but I don't. I'd rather that they had some absolute cunt of a boss, who is defo holding Inna's Vast Expanse on Master V, and then I'll do my best to beat him up.

I hate this tiny chance of something being somewhere and having to go grind for it. I could play from now until Christmas, and still not find a better weapon than I have now. I'm Paragon 15 now, and I haven't found a (significantly) better weapon since I was Paragon 0. Playing on Master III mostly. That's bullshit.

• Mola_Ram 28 Oct 2013 05:43:46 7,217 posts
    Seen 50 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I would just play something else.

Or something that has more user-generated content, like Torchlight 2.
  • spamdangled 28 Oct 2013 05:53:00 27,276 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Telepathic.Geometry wrote:
    I guess my main problem with the game is, having played every level several times, and fought every monster and every boss several times, I want to finish up. In order to do that, I cranked it up to Master V level, and found that the drops were certainly no better, and possibly even worse than just plain Hard.
    That's weird. Playing a Master levels introduces a significant boost to gold and magic item drop rates, as well as loot that can't be found on any other "regular" setting.

• B0rked_Gamer 28 Oct 2013 06:12:34 2,560 posts
    Seen 37 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I didn't find the drop rates on master 1-3 all that much better than medium. :/
  • spamdangled 28 Oct 2013 07:00:02 27,276 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    There's a stacking buff on each Master level.

Admittedly it won't seem like much unless you have a decent magic and gold find rate to start with, but Paragon levels help towards that as well.

At master level 5, for instance, the Keymasters are guaranteed to drop their respective keys.

Edited by darkmorgado at 07:00:42 28-10-2013

• Telepathic.Geometry 28 Oct 2013 07:43:48 11,292 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Yeah I've read the statistics, but the reality seems different.

Also, killing a keymaster on master III takes a few minutes, and has a pretty high drop rate. Killing the fucker on Master V takes twice as long, so generally speaking, lower level farming makes more sense.

Anyway, I'm not really complaining so much as I'm saying that's not my kinda game. I want a guaranteed return on my time investment. Not kill monsters for an hour and maybe we'll give you some good new shit. I demand cool shit every hour. Lately, I don't get shit...

• spamdangled 28 Oct 2013 08:03:59 27,276 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Maybe you shouldn't be playing a genre predicated on randomness then ;)

• Telepathic.Geometry 28 Oct 2013 08:18:58 11,292 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Well, it's not completely random. That's the point. I don't like the nature of the randomness.

For example, Diablo will definitely drop

a) a tier 12 jewel, or
    b) a random armor set piece, or
    c) an epic weapon in your class, or
    d) fuckloads of gold.

There, that's random, and rewarding. Whatever I get, I'll be surprised and happy, and it's random. Give every high level enemy something like that. It's still random, but better.

The veneer on the Diablo III skinner box is too thin. Keep cranking the lever. Some day, the shit you want will fall out is just straight up slot machine gambling, and I don't think that by guiding the randomness to some degree you worsen the game. Or leave the genre...

Opinions and arseholes, right.

Edited by Telepathic.Geometry at 08:19:34 28-10-2013

• TheMayorOfJugs 29 Oct 2013 16:13:39 3,337 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Got this at last, just wondering how wary I should be starting off? Is it easy to die, and is death punished harshly?
  • Deleted user 29 October 2013 16:18:51
    Death carries almost no punishment. Also you can change the difficulty at any time.
  • bitch_tits_zero_nine 29 Oct 2013 16:22:50 6,654 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    It's a bit like how bioshock infinite handles death. Not a good thing imo.
  • Deleted user 29 October 2013 16:28:53
    Yeah. No danger element. Easy to get a bit blase about dying. Especially when you can respawn in three different places.
  • TheMayorOfJugs 29 Oct 2013 17:04:11 3,337 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Thanks guys.

One last question, what's the easiest class for a n00b?
  • bitch_tits_zero_nine 29 Oct 2013 17:08:27 6,654 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Think they're all good. I chose Monk because the idea of a Kung Fu master appealed, but I wish I'd opted for a wizard now..

Witch Doctor seems a bit lame.
  • Deleted user 29 October 2013 17:10:09
    Demon Hunter is probably quite an easy one. Good dodge and evade skills and rapid fire makes the lower difficulties and earlier game modes a walkover.

Edit: I though witch doctor was lame at first but once he starts levelling up and with elective mode on, he's seriously cool.

Edited by BillCityfingers at 17:11:03 29-10-2013
  • TheMayorOfJugs 29 Oct 2013 17:19:08 3,337 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Cheers gents :-D
    I'm torn really. Demon hunter's design appeals to me least, and his bows would most likely get boring, compared to say, giant death lightning. That said, I trust your knowledge about him being the easiest option.... Hmmm..... -_-

Also, lady barbarian does not skip leg day.
  • Deleted user 29 October 2013 18:51:02
    Don't ever pick demon hunter, that is what I am and all that ever joins my game is other demon hunters! Level 57 now but looking forward more to continuing my couch co op game as a level 25 wizard as found the wizard way more fun.
  • Page

of 277 First / Last