Why are blokes so crap at using toilets?

• Page

of 8 First / Last

Previous
  • kalel 9 Oct 2013 12:28:18 86,961 posts
    Seen 25 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    What is the problem here? Why do blokes leave toilets in such a state?

It's so fucking simple. You finish. You look down. You think "is that going to be disgusting for the next person?". If the answer is yes, you clean it up.

I can not fathom the state our work toilets regularly get left it. It's not even like they're public. It's just the twenty or so blokes in my office that use them. Drives me insane. Cunts.
  • Blerk Moderator 9 Oct 2013 12:30:11 48,225 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Our work toilets improved immeasurably once we kicked all the salesmen out of the office. No more puddles of piss on the floor, shit stripes up the back of the seat, bogies wiped on the walls, etc.

Never shake a salesman by the hand. Ever. Ever ever.
  • nickthegun 9 Oct 2013 12:30:27 59,452 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Theres one guy at our work who sheds rubiks cubes to the extent that he leaves the pan looking like the scene of a spider massacre.

WIPE ROUND IT

---------------------------------------------------------
    He totally called it

• BeardedGamerUK 9 Oct 2013 12:31:12 1,360 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Then there are the people that think a toilet seat is there for them to piss all over!
  • TheSaint 9 Oct 2013 12:31:23 14,302 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Same here. The fact seemingly professional people working in an office would find it acceptable to pick their nose and wipe it on the wall in front of the urinal totally baffles me.
  • sport 9 Oct 2013 12:31:32 12,694 posts
    Seen 23 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Is kalel a janitor?
  • dr_swin 9 Oct 2013 12:32:37 4,887 posts
    Seen 7 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    If you can't reliably hit the bowl, you need your standing priviliges revoked.
  • kalel 9 Oct 2013 12:32:57 86,961 posts
    Seen 25 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    sport wrote:
    Is kalel a janitor?
    If I were i'd at least be paid to wipe other people's piss up.
  • TheSaint 9 Oct 2013 12:33:31 14,302 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    The amount of people I see leaving without washing their hands is disgusting as well. Not just after pissing either, last week I witnessed a guy flush, come out of the cubicle and then straight out the door without going near the sinks.
  • mrpon 9 Oct 2013 12:34:31 28,754 posts
    Seen 37 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I guess at work most people assume the cleaner sorts it out.

Give yourself £5 or ½ gig, you're worth it.

• Tonka 9 Oct 2013 12:36:34 20,222 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I'd like to add another point to kalel's excellent list of questions to ask oneself

Did the toilet make a flushing sound? If not, then make sure it does.

We have one toilet in the office that has been wired all wrong. The economy flush will release a biblical torrent of water. The full flush won't even let out a trickle.

Somehow people manages not to notice this. Four or five times it has been full of piss and once there was even shit in it.

Again, toilets make a sound when they flush. Listen for it.

If you can read this you really need to fiddle with your forum settings.

• sport 9 Oct 2013 12:36:45 12,694 posts
    Seen 23 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Ha, you should see the "shit" that goes on here (call centre). People pissing in the toilet brush bowl, leaving turds on top of the toilet seat - no jokes.

It's just kids letting off steam...
  • SolidSCB 9 Oct 2013 12:40:24 6,576 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    OP is bang on, it's absolutely vile. Every guy spills a few drops from time to time, I don't understand how it's so difficult to grab a bit of tissue and mop up after yourself.

Working in a college and having to use the same toilets as the students, some of the states I've seen are horrific.
  • elstoof 9 Oct 2013 12:41:10 7,000 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Someone here went through a phase of unrolling entire rolls of tp into the toilet, blocking it. That was in the ladies though.
  • localnotail 9 Oct 2013 12:44:48 23,093 posts
    Seen 6 months ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    sport wrote:
    Is kalel a janitor?
    Could be...

A strange game. The only winning move is not to play.

• Load_2.0 9 Oct 2013 12:48:02 19,146 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I think it is people in general. The birds bogs inside clubs and bars are supposed to be worse than the blokes.

Not sure if the same applies at work.
  • Buztafen 9 Oct 2013 12:50:03 16,176 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Apparently female toilets are worse...especially when aunt irma's in.
  • S.J.Rogers 9 Oct 2013 12:50:49 3,557 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    kalel wrote:
    What is the problem here? Why do blokes leave toilets in such a state?

It's so fucking simple. You finish. You look down. You think "is that going to be disgusting for the next person?". If the answer is yes, you clean it up.

I can not fathom the state our work toilets regularly get left it. It's not even like they're public. It's just the twenty or so blokes in my office that use them. Drives me insane. Cunts.
    Same here kalel.

I agree with you 100%, it takes no effort and is just the simple human thing to do, to clean up after yourself. Cunts...
  • kalel 9 Oct 2013 12:52:03 86,961 posts
    Seen 25 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Public toilets are kind of different, or at least while the same basic principles apply, they should be observed much more stringently when friends and colleagues are involved.

I genuinely consider it a fuck you from my work colleagues. They are so selfish and think so little of the people they work with, they expect me to clean up their piss and shit for them.
  • nickthegun 9 Oct 2013 12:54:57 59,452 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Send out a passive aggressive email. The FD here sent out a doozy and it pretty much worked.

The general gist was, as mentioned above, 'if you cant pee like a big boy, sit down'.

---------------------------------------------------------
    He totally called it

• mrpon 9 Oct 2013 12:56:58 28,754 posts
    Seen 37 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I spray air freshener, leave rose petals on the floor and fold the toilet paper into a triangle when I'm done.

Give yourself £5 or ½ gig, you're worth it.

• midnight_walker 9 Oct 2013 12:57:44 1,931 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I work at a school. The kids bogs here are open plan with individual cubicles that are just about big enough for a human to get into and do their business. They used to have just regular old toilets, but over the most recent holiday they replaced half the boys' bogs with new-fangled waterless urinals. Since then, on a pretty much weekly basis some moronic individual takes a big hairy shit in the new shiny urinals.
    I don't even know how to put into words how I feel about people who shit in a urinal. I mean, how thick must you be?
  • elstoof 9 Oct 2013 13:02:52 7,000 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    A boy in my primary school had this weird habit of shitting in the urinal. Don't know what was wrong with the kid but every few weeks he'd drop his pants and start pissing right in the middle of the playground with his arms aloft, the poor teachers had to rush over and try and stop him. How do you tackle a child and try to stem the flow without getting piss all over you?
  • Mr_Sleep 9 Oct 2013 13:05:16 16,933 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I used to work in a children's school for the disabled, you guys have no idea!

You are a factory of sadness.

• sport 9 Oct 2013 13:05:51 12,694 posts
    Seen 23 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    mrpon wrote:
    I spray air freshener, leave rose petals on the floor and fold the toilet paper into a triangle when I'm done.
    I leave a mint under the seat.
  • glaeken 9 Oct 2013 13:11:37 11,143 posts
    Seen 55 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Once one person leaves streaks what are going to do? I am not cleaning up someone else’s streaks. So if the first person of the day leaves streaks that is it for the whole day.

Actually worse in my place of work is people who cannot seem to hit the toilet bowl when pissing. I swear there is someone in my building with a sprinkler attachment on their penis. It's far more annoying to find the whole cubicle drenched in piss than a few streaks down the toilet.
  • DaM 9 Oct 2013 13:15:29 12,991 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    localnotail wrote:
    sport wrote:
    Is kalel a janitor?
    Could be...
    Beat me to it :)
  • Chopsen 9 Oct 2013 13:15:52 15,867 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I don't think women are much better tbh, from what I've heard. From a woman.
  • localnotail 9 Oct 2013 13:17:25 23,093 posts
    Seen 6 months ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Buztafen wrote:
    Apparently female toilets are worse...especially when aunt irma's in.
    I've never noticed this. The monthly mops go in the special box, never seen them scattered about or stuck to the walls. Worst thing we usually get is the loo roll running out.

A strange game. The only winning move is not to play.

• glaeken 9 Oct 2013 13:18:07 11,143 posts
    Seen 55 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I bet they manage to not piss on the floor. Simple mechanics init.
  • Page

of 8 First / Last

Previous