of 4 First / Last

Previous
  • roz123 18 Sep 2013 12:12:27 7,113 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 6 years ago
  • DFawkes 18 Sep 2013 12:26:07 23,794 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    That trial thing is actually a smart idea, or possibly a stupid one. It's nice that Wii Fii owners get to play the game 30 days, but what if they think their current Wii Fit is good enough? Might do themselves out of some sales. However, I also like that just buying the step counter unlocks the full game for those that already have the Balance Board and Wii game. You only have to buy the newest bit of hardware, no need to buy yet another bit of software for it.

I'll still need all the stuff though, as I never bothered on Wii. That Wii Sports Club doesn't look too bad either, especially online play. Not sure about pricing. 9 for either Tennis or Bowling, or 1.79 for a Day Pass but with a 24 hours after first starting as a trial.

Edited by DFawkes at 12:28:54 18-09-2013

Oh for goodness sake, I've caught my scrotum in my zip again - Margaret Thatcher, 1986

• Raiko101 18 Sep 2013 12:28:07 6,581 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Wii Sports Club eh? They snuck that one in right at the end. Online multiplayer? Yes please!

3DS: 4210 4002 8289 (Dave)
    Wii U: Raiko87 (Dave)
    Xbox Live: Raiko87

• neilka 18 Sep 2013 12:34:22 16,464 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    1.79 for a day of virtual sports? Magical.

BAAANG!!!!! EXPLOTION!!!!!

• Psychotext 18 Sep 2013 12:36:49 54,803 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Meh. I played the original a bit but honestly the Kinect stuff pretty much knocked it into a cocked hat in terms of quality of tracking / exercise variety.

Good news for those that got into it, but I can't help feeling that those balance boards will remain under the stairs (mine is under my TV unit somewhere).
  • nickthegun 18 Sep 2013 12:37:14 61,054 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Thats a similar price to a gym membership that you will never use too.

---------------------------------------------------------
    My man gives real loving that's why I call him Killer
    He's not a wham-bam-thank-you-ma'am, he's a thriller

• DFawkes 18 Sep 2013 12:37:33 23,794 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    A virtual day of online sports. That's the difference.

I have no idea why anyone would bother with that. You get a 24 trial on starting it up, so do that and give it a good play, then buy it if you like it. If you feel it's too much to pay, you don't buy it. Renting it for a day for almost a quarter of the cost of either of the games seems a bit much.

Oh for goodness sake, I've caught my scrotum in my zip again - Margaret Thatcher, 1986

• simsini 18 Sep 2013 13:47:39 329 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Bought the Wii Fit Balance Board for 7.99 in Game recently in anticipation for Wii Fit U. Looking forward to it.
  • roz123 1 Nov 2013 08:45:05 7,113 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    This is available to download sometime today.

The deal is you can download it and play it for free between 1st November-31st January but you only get 30 days from when you first play it and a balance board is required.

Here are a few videos:

This guy has uploaded a few more as well

Edited by roz123 at 08:46:35 01-11-2013
  • Pinky_Floyd 1 Nov 2013 08:58:54 8,256 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Still waiting on my wii fit meter arriving.
  • zoolophage 1 Nov 2013 08:59:05 2,025 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    My fitness meters are due to be delivered today so hope to try it out later. I hope it will allow me to select kg rather than stones and pounds when using English language. It's annoying to have to switch the gamepad language between spanish and english every week with the current wii fit, just to be able to use kg's.

3DS: 2019-9957-3472

• Pinky_Floyd 1 Nov 2013 09:00:45 8,256 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Mine's out for delivery too, fingers crossed as I need to work off those halloween sausage rolls.
  • zoolophage 1 Nov 2013 09:20:55 2,025 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I think it will be interesting to see activity levels mapped out over a full day. I must sit down for 8 - 10 hours a day due to working in an office. Can't be healthy.

• Pinky_Floyd 1 Nov 2013 22:09:57 8,256 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Fatties. I have created a Eurogamer wii fit u club within the game. Its just for us lot so if you want the code to join I will PM it to you.

Its all integrated with Miiverse so should be a giggle.

I love it so far. The dances are great fun. So far I like it far more than wii fit which I thought was a bit po faced. Didnt play much of it mind you as have been waiting for this to come out.

Took a few goes to get the fit meter to sync, will take it out for a run with me tomorrow.
  • MrFlay 1 Nov 2013 22:32:14 1,019 posts
    Seen 4 weeks ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @Pinky_Floyd

midi82 has already set one up and posted it in the Wii U thread but a private one might be better.
  • Pinky_Floyd 1 Nov 2013 22:55:50 8,256 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Oh! I didnt think to check the wii u thread, I thought if someone had created a club they would have posted here and when I didnt see one, I went ahead and made one.

I dont mind, thats why Im eeeeeeaaaassssyyyyy.

Brilliant game though, so far, quite the workout!

I would rather go private too so if midi either wants to create a new one, or keep this one its all the same to me.

Edited by Pinky_Floyd at 23:21:37 01-11-2013
  • Pinky_Floyd 1 Nov 2013 23:30:42 8,256 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Handy tip: You dont need to bother with a sensor bar, the game doesnt use it.

Loving the use of the dual wiimotes so hope you have a couple lying around.
  • kingcrowbar 1 Nov 2013 23:54:17 917 posts
    Seen 31 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Where are you all finding the meters? I can't seem to find anything under 2 weeks delivery but I'm non UK so maybe you lot are getting priority :D.

Also have I started the trial by downloading it or it will only kick in once I launch the game?

Once I'm done doing last minute fattie stuff over the weekend I'll give it a proper look in, join the club(s) and whatever else it offers.

BTW what does the import from previous versions do, just enhance the shame of knowing the amount of time that nothing has been done since WF+ came out :(

Last thing, is there a paid eShop unlock if I can't even be bothered to get/or find a meter or I'd be stuck with having to get the disc/meter bundle?
  • Pinky_Floyd 2 Nov 2013 00:07:34 8,256 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    kingcrowbar wrote:
    Where are you all finding the meters? I can't seem to find anything under 2 weeks delivery but I'm non UK so maybe you lot are getting priority :D.

Also have I started the trial by downloading it or it will only kick in once I launch the game?

Once I'm done doing last minute fattie stuff over the weekend I'll give it a proper look in, join the club(s) and whatever else it offers.

BTW what does the import from previous versions do, just enhance the shame of knowing the amount of time that nothing has been done since WF+ came out :(

Last thing, is there a paid eShop unlock if I can't even be bothered to get/or find a meter or I'd be stuck with having to get the disc/meter bundle?
    I got the meter from the UK Nintendo Store. Dont think the trial starts till you can start the game. The import adds in all your previous data. Dont pay for the game, buy the meter and a cheap second hand balance board!
  • Pinky_Floyd 2 Nov 2013 13:23:38 8,256 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Went out for a run, clipped the fit meter to my shorts. Could only manage 20 mins, mixture of rain and sore legs made it a really hard run.

Synced the meter up to wii fit u and it adds the data in. 240 calories and 3884 steps or something.

Nice the way you can add in your normal exercise into the game!
  • Deckard2 2 Nov 2013 13:52:18 3,458 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Wii Fit U, for the fatty that doesn't REALLY want to exercise, but wants to justify that chicken tikka masala and six beers later
  • Pinky_Floyd 2 Nov 2013 14:30:43 8,256 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @YoshiMcTaggis Too right my man. Looking forward to tonights Peking Chili Beef then pretending to work it off tomorrow, surrogating that guilty feeling with the wii fit u placebo feel good factor.
  • Pinky_Floyd 3 Nov 2013 09:15:44 8,256 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    The trampoline game has killed my front thigh muscles. They hurt like crazy. Obviously uses different muscles from running. Can hardly bloody walk today grrrrrrrr

Also very irritating when the games says:

"Put down the gamepad"

Ok, I have put the gamepad down

"Press A to start"

WTF???

Keep a wiimote handy :)

Will do a workout later, but not for the legs, they are currently broken. Maybe some yoga or press up type stuff.
  • zoolophage 3 Nov 2013 10:35:30 2,025 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @Pinky_Floyd

I'd recommend one of these if you run regularly:

Trigger Point Roller

They aren't very cheap but they totally loosen up your muscles after a run (and using it is in itself a somewhat painful workout). I'd also recommend getting some resistance bands and tubes, such as:

Bodylastics Resistance Bands

and

Exercise Loops

You can do loads of small but important exercises with them. I've used them myself and they're pretty good. Running is great but you also need to do some strength work as well (or you'll have huge legs and a weedy upper body).

I recently had physio to rehab from a very long standing and troublesome ankle/foot injury and all the small and seemingly useless resistance band/tube movements and exercises I was told to do have done wonders. Being injured is not fun and it can really get out of hand if you don't try and rehab it correctly.

• Gregolution 3 Nov 2013 11:05:07 3,835 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Its not bad so far. Good enough to warrant the 20 quid purchase probably. I'm a but disappointed by how similar it is to the original. Yeah you have the routines and personal training and a lot of new games but lots of the exercises are exactly the same as the first game.

PSN : Gregolution
    XBL : Gregolutionz

• Pinky_Floyd 3 Nov 2013 13:15:49 8,256 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @zoolophage Sounds like harder work than the running :)
  • dogmanstaruk 3 Nov 2013 21:48:17 447 posts
    Seen 38 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I think this will be a purchase after Christmas.

At first I was a bit put off as I first thought the WiiFit meter was a mandatory heart rate monitor. I never use these things as to be honest I am a bit of a hypochondriac, so I know it would probably convince me my heart was going to explode;p Thankfully it seems to be a pedometer so I can buy Wii Fit for the house.

Edited by dogmanstaruk at 21:48:40 03-11-2013
  • MrFlay 3 Nov 2013 22:54:08 1,019 posts
    Seen 4 weeks ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I've overdid it a bit on Friday. I hurt my arms swinging too hard on the driving range and trying the push-ups. I'm relatively fit but I need to build my upper-body strength. So far I really love this game, combining exercise with games is a winner for me as I find most exercise very boring.
  • Pinky_Floyd 3 Nov 2013 23:08:00 8,256 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @MrFlay Likewise. I run a bit but am aching something rotten thanks to this.
  • midi82 4 Nov 2013 10:13:15 677 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @Pinky_Floyd - might as well use the private one, let us know the code and I'll join you,

Edited by midi82 at 10:30:34 04-11-2013
  • Page

of 4 First / Last

Previous