Playstation Vita TV Page 6

• Page

of 6 First / Last

Next
  • aros 5 Nov 2013 10:12:26 2,053 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    But we know for a fact the Wii U works well and it's exactly the same technology - I don't understand why people are skeptical?
  • nickthegun 5 Nov 2013 10:21:11 55,848 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Because until we see it working, its just PR guff.

---------------------------------------------------------
    He totally called it

• aros 5 Nov 2013 10:52:01 2,053 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I guess. It's more faith in Nintendo's tech than Sony's that makes me so confident it will work fine. If there was no Wii U I don't know if I would have pre-ordered given the scant lineup of launch day. At the moment I'm leaning toward AC4 after Watch Dogs was pushed back.
  • Flying_Pig 17 Jan 2014 21:16:43 10,276 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Kotaku <3 Vita TV
  • INSOMANiAC 21 Jan 2014 22:20:43 3,788 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago

Vita TV in action, Ninja Gaiden looked great and not at all up ressed as far as you can tell from this kind of thing

Steam - iN5OMANiAC
    PSN - iN5OMANiCAL

• uiruki 21 Jan 2014 23:12:16 3,530 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Huh, I didn't write anything about this.

If you run it in 1080i it looks pretty close to a 2:1 integer scale and gets on pretty well in native res games. It isn't too bad to control with a pad, but you have to work out what it wants as it doesn't explain it too well. It works well with Plus as I can play while out, sync saves and carry on with my Vita TV. Some games even give you full PS3 pad button prompts too, so it can clearly detect which model it is working on. PSP games are ridiculously pixelated but sharp in 1080.

My main complaints are that it's not 100% compatible due to the nature of the thing, I ran into the odd game which just plays badly without a touchscreen (targeting is even worse than it was in Senran Kagura), and PS1 games force the system to switch to 720 which doesn't scale brilliantly.

Actually my biggest complaint is that because it's not designed to work in countries without Vita TV sections in the store, I might have to swap memory cards on my Vita to play TxK and OlliOlli anyway.

edit: oh, and it doesn't fix the awful network speeds when you run through Ethernet like it does on PS3.

Edited by uiruki at 00:33:17 22-01-2014
  • Page

of 6 First / Last

Next