• Zizoo 5 Sep 2013 20:33:47 7,719 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Graveland wrote:
    ZizouFC wrote:
    Graveland wrote:
    ZizouFC wrote:
    Graveland wrote:
    He has an African name in his email, which working in Counter Fraud is something that immediately makes him less trustworthy.
    Cunt
    Do you work in Counter Fraud? No? Then go and crawl back up inside your mother's cunt so she can have that abortion she always wanted.
    I'm African.
    South African, I take it? What's the crime rate like down there?
    Not too bad amongst my friends with African names. One of my bffs is Xulu Mampene. I hope he's able to buy car online one day.
  • Zizoo 5 Sep 2013 20:36:14 7,719 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Anyway I seriously don't want to get into it. I see your point. Leave it there.
  • mrpon 5 Sep 2013 20:38:43 27,662 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Now kiss.

Give yourself £5 or Ĺ gig, you're worth it.

• Zizoo 5 Sep 2013 20:40:21 7,719 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Mwah
  • Deckard1 5 Sep 2013 20:41:25 25,486 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    He stole his wallet!

Called it

• Zizoo 5 Sep 2013 20:46:43 7,719 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Ha! It's cool. I totally see your point and am well aware of dodgy Africans. I was just making it clear that most of my friends are at a Madama Butterfly gala right now, not scamming whitey.

Fwends x
  • Trafford 5 Sep 2013 20:47:41 5,276 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Because we all know a caucasian has never done anything nasty or dishonest.

Edited by Trafford at 20:48:32 05-09-2013
  • DaM 5 Sep 2013 20:51:25 12,616 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    @ZizouFC
    Sadly he's correct - we get 2 or 3 scam attempts a week from gentlemen from Africa, wanting to buy printed stuff. It's either the fake cheque scam or the shipping one. They won't take no for an answer, we just ignore them. Any orders we take from someone with an African name has to be thoroughly checked (that it's a legit company etc). As I said, I hate it, having to be suspicious, and it makes me feel like a dirty racist, but ..... One of my staff was selling a car once, and got a phone call from a bloke "who sounded African" from London, who sent her a cheque for her car (in Glasgow!), his friend would pick it up the next day. I told her it was a scam, "racist" she said. Next day the cheque arrived, for £1500 more than she was asking.... "Whoops, sorry, a mistake - cash it and send me back a cheque for the difference"! By the time your bank gets the fake cheque passed back to it by the Bank of Nigeria, and takes all the money back, your cheque is long cashed and spent.

Now Asians...they do the domain scam - "someone has bought yourdomain.cn, we are just checking that it's associated with your business, contact us n now if it isn't"!

To even things up a bit, we get lots of (probably!) white southern Essex types trying to pull the franking machine scam.

And a lot of the email phishing attempts appear to be Eastern European in origin.
  • Deleted user 5 September 2013 20:52:27
    It's all white people pretending to be Africans pretending to be sailors buying cars.

Wheels within wheels.
  • Zizoo 5 Sep 2013 20:53:12 7,719 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I am white BTW. :)

I thought the video was gonna be this:

Anyway, you aren't a cunt. That was rude of me.
  • elstoof 5 Sep 2013 20:55:14 6,143 posts
    Seen 41 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    This is that scam where they pay you via PayPal, their "courier" picks it up and hands you "paperwork", they tell PayPal that you never shipped the item, receive a refund from you via PayPal and they keep the car. Isn't it.
  • President_Weasel 5 Sep 2013 20:55:20 8,604 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    When you see emails with Nouns in Capital Letters (e.g. "I want to buy the car for my Daughter) then you should immediately be suspicious: it's either someone from the nineteenth century or it's a scammer.
  • elstoof 5 Sep 2013 21:05:14 6,143 posts
    Seen 41 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I don't think that's quite what you'd call money 'laundering'.
  • elstoof 5 Sep 2013 21:09:36 6,143 posts
    Seen 41 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    So what funds have been moved around with a fake cheque exactly?
  • RyanDS 5 Sep 2013 21:28:37 8,706 posts
    Seen 53 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Graveland wrote:
    ZizouFC wrote:
    Graveland wrote:
    ZizouFC wrote:
    Graveland wrote:
    ZizouFC wrote:
    Graveland wrote:
    He has an African name in his email, which working in Counter Fraud is something that immediately makes him less trustworthy.
    Cunt
    Do you work in Counter Fraud? No? Then go and crawl back up inside your mother's cunt so she can have that abortion she always wanted.
    I'm African.
    South African, I take it? What's the crime rate like down there?
    Not too bad amongst my friends with African names. One of my bffs is Xulu Mampene. I hope he's able to buy car online one day.
    Fair enough, you're probably all decent people - apologies for any offence. But the fact remains that a lot of financial fraud in the UK is committed by people from African nations - undoubtedly a minority in the grand scheme of numbers, but these fuckers commit crime on an organised wide scale thus draw suspicion to any cases we deal with that involves Africans. It's sad, but true. It's not a racial thing, it's cultural. I deal with more fraud cases involving white Eastern Europeans than I do Asian doctors, for example.
    So why are you a racist ignorant cunt?

I do like the "cultural not racial" bit though, really adds that air of xenophobic conspiracy to the racist ignorance.
  • RyanDS 5 Sep 2013 21:29:18 8,706 posts
    Seen 53 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Graveland wrote:
    And just to add, we've had Africans working with us (Nigerians, South Africans) and they've been thoroughly decent people. It's just a shame that there are ruthless individuals from certain backgrounds that take the piss and commit very large amounts of crime which then distort the figures (and thus draw attention)
    Awesome! The old "I'm not racist! i have black friends excuse"

All is forgiven in that case.
  • JYM60 5 Sep 2013 21:57:48 16,755 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Seriously! Just received a third!

Thank you for getting back to me, sorry for the late response due to the nature of my work, can you assure me that itís in good condition because I donít want to be disappointed buying this from you. Iím ready to pay your asking price but due to the nature of my work, i will not be able to come for the inspection because Iím an oceanographer, I canít make any calls right now, I would have called you and discuss about this transaction, sorry for that but Iím able to access email anytime as Iím making use of PDA on sea, so the only quickest payment option is PayPal, I make the payment via PayPal since Iím requesting this transaction to be done via PayPal, i will be responsible for all the PayPal fee/charges on this transaction and if you donít have an account with PayPal, its pretty easy, safe and secured to create. Just log on to www.paypal.co.uk. I hope we can make the deal as fast as possible? I have a Pick Up Agent that will come for the Inspection and take care of every necessary paper for me. the Pick Up Agent will also handle the pick up after i have send the money to your PayPal account, will like to see more pics.

I need the address where the agent will meet you and your PayPal email address so i can send the money now.

The response this time

Yes, the car is in great great condition.

Your agent can meet me at 1 West Africa Street, BT69 FUC

My paypal is ajaleikoko@gmail.com

Look forward to recieving the monies.

Cunts

[8/10] http://www.youtube.com/lllBetterThanHalolll

• Kosmoz 5 Sep 2013 22:00:46 7,512 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    More like BT69 FUC off amiright?

Also it seems to be some sort of robot.

Edited by Kosmoz at 22:01:37 05-09-2013

Every girl I ever kissed I was thinking of a pro footballer.

• spindle9988 5 Sep 2013 22:04:39 3,388 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Reading this thread from start finish has definitely passed a bit of nicely. Please continue to post any further emails here. If I was you, I would send the to watchdog. I had never heard of this scam before
  • DaM 5 Sep 2013 22:18:24 12,616 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    elstoof wrote:
    So what funds have been moved around with a fake cheque exactly?
    Fake cheque scams.

Don't think the cash is yours when a cheque clears. I worked for a company that went tits up, the last pay cheques were cashed and the money withdrawn from accounts (we knew it was coming). Didn't matter - the cheques bounced, and the money was sucked out your account, whether you had it or not!

It can take weeks for a foreign cheque to be declared false and rejected.
  • elstoof 5 Sep 2013 22:24:14 6,143 posts
    Seen 41 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    My point was that graveland said some phishing was "classic money laundering" before he was banned(?) and now that post is out of context.

Sending a fake cheque isn't exactly laundering, there's no dirty money that gets cleaned its just a hoodwink. Working, as he does, in fraud, I thought he might have his terminologies down a bit better than that.
  • Madder-Max 5 Sep 2013 22:28:05 11,574 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    You just need to look at the grammar and choice of wording its a dead giveaway. If he wanted to get his daughter a car he would get family or a mate to sort it out.

Probably wouldn't be able to type the real senders name as its probably a series of gutterall throat clicks.

Edited by Madder-Max at 22:33:12 05-09-2013

99 problems and being ginger is one

• Page

of 4 First / Last