Pretty f*cking suspect, right?

• Page

of 4 First / Last

Previous
  • JYM60 5 Sep 2013 19:24:15 16,901 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    So I put my old car, Peugeot 107, on autotrader a few days ago. Had a couple of e-mails about it. This one is from today, and to me it is pretty suspect.

I orignally get an e-mail saying

Hello is the Car still on for sale if yes what is the bottom price?
    I replied with the price. All of one minute later he had replied.

Josh Justin (ajaleikoko@gmail.com)

Thanks for your urgent response, I'm okay with the price and I'm pleased with the condition as i have already gone through it on the advert, but just trying to make little inquiry from you, I'm ready to buy it now as a gift for my Daughter, I'm at sea at the moment as I'm a Navy Officer,and due to the nature of my Job.....phone calls making and visiting of website are restricted but i squeezed out time to check this advert. I really want it to be a surprise for my Daughter i won't let her know anything about it until it gets delivered to her, i am sure she will be more than happy with it. I insisted on PayPal because i don't have access to my bank account on-line as i don't have Internet banking, but i can pay from my PayPal account, as i have my bank a/c attached to it, get back to me with your PayPal email asap so as to proceed on with the payment quickly, and sorry if you don't have a PayPal Account, you sign-up for a PayPal personal account www.PayPal.com it is very fast and easy to set up. And there is a shipping company pick up agent that will come for the pick up after the payment has been sorted out .

Await your swift response asap.

Thanks.
    Now is it just me, or is that shady as fuck? I don't know anything dodgy about paypal, but maybe there is something I don't know about.
    For someone who is so busy 'at sea', he surely fucking replied quite quickly.

Well, I replied 'cash in person only'. Correct?

[8/10] http://www.youtube.com/lllBetterThanHalolll

• Deleted user 5 September 2013 19:25:01
    Seems legit.
  • Jeepers 5 Sep 2013 19:25:09 13,315 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Yes.
  • JYM60 5 Sep 2013 19:25:39 16,901 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Is Justin even a recognised surname?

Edited by JYM60 at 19:26:01 05-09-2013

• Mr_Sleep 5 Sep 2013 19:26:40 17,383 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I would say so, the way they are pushing PayPal so hard makes it sound dodgy.

You are a factory of sadness.

• Deleted user 5 September 2013 19:26:49
    There's been a Pope Justin, so it's probably legit.
  • Maturin 5 Sep 2013 19:26:56 3,231 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Just googling the email address would have got your this.

Linky

Edited by Maturin at 19:27:09 05-09-2013
  • reggy72 5 Sep 2013 19:26:57 332 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    fucking scam fella, mail them back calling them whatever takes your fancy, its usually c#unt for me.
  • Deleted user 5 September 2013 19:30:06
    Ignore that scamwarners website, they're just there to give honest traders a bad name. It's a perfectly legitimate offer.
  • JYM60 5 Sep 2013 19:30:27 16,901 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Maturin wrote:
    Just googling the email address would have got your this.

Linky
    lol

• RyanDS 5 Sep 2013 19:37:20 9,847 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    It's legit. Go for it!
  • Deleted user 5 September 2013 19:49:57
    I had a weird experience with Autotrader once. Not that I blame them in anyway.

I advertised a car. Received a phone call from someone who sounded genuine, he asked various questions etc, and seemed eager to view the car. Great! I thought.

He called back a second time and was ready to view. He had a northern accent, and said he would catch a train from the north of England, to the south of England, where the car was. Being the honest chappy I was, I thought fine, all the while finding it slightly strange someone would want to travel so far for a car priced £1000. Had I priced the car too low?

I supplied my address, and waited in on the Saturday, the day he said he would show up.

No one showed on the Saturday. Strange I thought. I had become all the more suspicious. Questions were buzzing around wondering what the time-waster was getting out of it.

He telephoned on the Sunday, said he had travelled down, viewed the car outside the house, thought it was a heap of crap, and was annoyed I had wasted his time, not to mention his money in the form of a trainfare, and thought he was being perfectly reasonable by requesting I cover the cost of his trainfare?

I remained calm, all the while thinking ‘what a prick’, and put the phone down on him. I then sent an email to him, letting him know I had forwarded the whole experience to both Autotrader and the local Police remembering to include his telephone number. He never bothered to contact me again, but I did wonder how many people he tried that stunt on, as for all I knew was attempting the same trick week in and week out on 100’s of sellers.

As for the car, it was kept around the back of the house, not in front of the house ;)

Edited by blacksea at 19:52:28 05-09-2013
  • mrpon 5 Sep 2013 19:55:32 29,568 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Too legit to quit.

Give yourself £5 or ½ gig, you're worth it.

• Ziz0u 5 Sep 2013 20:12:21 8,648 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Lovely
  • Deleted user 5 September 2013 20:15:28
    Graveland wrote:
    He has an African name in his email, which working in Counter Fraud is something that immediately makes him less trustworthy.
    racist
  • jellyBelly 5 Sep 2013 20:17:20 466 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Didn't some old lady and her daughter got done recently for pretending to be military types in need of fund transfers? 99 Percent scam this.

PSN:lumulata, NN Dollodon

• Ziz0u 5 Sep 2013 20:22:31 8,648 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Graveland wrote:
    He has an African name in his email, which working in Counter Fraud is something that immediately makes him less trustworthy.
    Cunt
  • mrpon 5 Sep 2013 20:22:39 29,568 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    jellyBelly wrote:
    99 Percent scam this.
    So you're saying there's a chance...

Give yourself £5 or ½ gig, you're worth it.

• JYM60 5 Sep 2013 20:26:16 16,901 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Just got another

Hello,

Thanks for getting back to me.

I have gone through the Car and am ok with your final selling price has stated and will want to go ahead with the purchase of the car.

Please confirm if there is any other miscellaneous payment like,the tax charges, etc that will be added to it.The Transportation cost will be included to the Total amount that will be issued on the Cheque or Banker Draft and it will be used By My shipper who will be coming for the Pick Up at your location after your bank confirms cash available for use.Shipper will be the one to act on my behalf in the signing and documentation of the change of ownership,V5 and DVLA.

Let me know the name that will be written on the cheque that will be issued for payment of the Car and also the address to send the Cheque or Banker Draft to so can receive and get it deposit in your bank and wait for clearance and your phone number will be needed also so i can give you a call as soon as the cheque or Banker Draft is issued first thing on Tomorrow Morning from Central LONDON via Royal Mail and pick up will be done in your location as soon as your bank confirm the clearance of the cheque or Banker Draft and cash available for use.

I await the details to make out payment to you.

Regards,
    Steanov

My response

Fuck you, you dirty ******* piece of shit.
    So selling this car is going to be pretty annoying then. :/

Edited by JYM60 at 20:26:36 05-09-2013

• jellyBelly 5 Sep 2013 20:27:37 466 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    One I wouldn't like to take

PSN:lumulata, NN Dollodon

• Ziz0u 5 Sep 2013 20:27:43 8,648 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Graveland wrote:
    ZizouFC wrote:
    Graveland wrote:
    Cunt
    Do you work in Counter Fraud? No? Then go and crawl back up inside your mother's cunt so she can have that abortion she always wanted.
    Edit: whatevs

Edited by ZizouFC at 20:29:13 05-09-2013
  • JYM60 5 Sep 2013 20:29:41 16,901 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    From what I have read on that scamwarners forum, they are from west africa.

• Page

of 4 First / Last

Previous