Top N rarest/most valuable games or systems you own Page 2

• Page

of 3 First / Last

• JYM60 2 Sep 2013 15:42:48 16,827 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    The Mario Party games on N64 look worth a good bit. Only got the original one though.

[8/10] http://www.youtube.com/lllBetterThanHalolll

• Trowel 2 Sep 2013 15:46:08 17,764 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    gamingdave wrote:
    Psiloc wrote:
    @gamingdave Anything that was never released is generally valuable, especially if it has artwork rather than a CDR with "chuchu rocket" scribbled on it?
    They are completely blank, just coloured disks.

Completely forgot my most valuable game, currently lives in the office but I must get it home again ....

Mint - "Move. Your. Car!!"
  • Daryoon 2 Sep 2013 15:53:44 4,629 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    A few years back, I sold Yoshi's Island for 180 o_O

Was shifting through my remaining games over the weekend, since I need funds. Much hilarity was had at Final Fantasy 5 and 6 on the GBA going for a fair amount (~35 each), while 10, 12 and 13 barely scrape a tenner combined...
  • PearOfAnguish 2 Sep 2013 16:04:27 7,297 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I have a bunch of old big-box PC games kicking about. Some of those sell for a fair amount now - there's a crazy Amazon seller asking 99 for just the CD of Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain. Mine is still sealed in its box.
  • Psiloc 2 Sep 2013 16:07:09 1,465 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @Daryoon Jeez. Good game and everything... but 40 tops.
  • Daryoon 2 Sep 2013 16:13:00 4,629 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    It was a limited edition. Came with a game guide and everything!
  • Deleted user 2 September 2013 16:16:16
    I sold a TF2 hat for around 200 quid a while ago if that counts.
  • quadfather 2 Sep 2013 16:16:55 12,152 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Got 280 for the ID Anthology boxset. This was years ago

psn quaddy456, Dark Souls tips

• Psiloc 2 Sep 2013 16:34:55 1,465 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I'd be terrified to actually sell a retro game when you're talking that kind of money in case the value goes up even more.

Like owning stock.

Edited by Psiloc at 16:35:44 02-09-2013
  • gelf 2 Sep 2013 19:27:43 188 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Panzer Dragoon Saga is the only one that I have that's considered rare as far as I know. I long ago lost the manual and sleeve that held the two disk boxes though. Not that it matters as there's no way I'm selling it.
  • KD 2 Sep 2013 19:33:58 665 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Original Splinter Cell on Xbox, lets me turn a old Xbox into a media centre.
  • Psiloc 3 Sep 2013 13:48:00 1,465 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Forgot I have a mint US SNES. That's probably worth 100 or so in this country since all of the others turned yellow.
  • robthehermit 3 Sep 2013 14:11:52 4,075 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I've got an NTSC-US Metroid Prime Trilogy for the Wii. Does that count as being worth anything?

Must get round to selling my Wii one of these days. Never use it.

GT: robthehermit

Velim esset mundus iustus futuis procul et mori.

• MrE26 3 Sep 2013 21:12:20 1,932 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Discovered an old box of SNES games in the spare room a few weeks back so i launched them on ebay to clear some space. My copy of Batman & Robin went for 200! I had no idea the prices on them had gone so crazy.
  • consoledelight 3 Sep 2013 21:51:14 154 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    got a generation 1 jap megadrive plus loads of jap games including wani wani world, magical flying hat turbo adventure, hellfire, zero wing, and some game set in a school where you are a wizard and have to defeat an apache helicopter. Cant remember its name.

Love that stuff.

My top game (not worth much) that i will never get rid of is Outrun on master system.

Plus speccy +2 with about 200 games.
  • reggy72 3 Sep 2013 22:22:18 281 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Dreamcast Broadband adaptor, bnib, these go for crazy money on ebay,

Limited edition Under defeat and 1st edition Sturmind for the DC as well, worth a pretty penney according to ebay pricing.
  • Rhaegyr 3 Sep 2013 22:27:42 1,716 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    A pretty big library of DC and GC classics (about 40+ games for each) all in pretty good condition. A ton of DC accessories (including BB adapter, keyboard etc.) Some pretty sought after Wii games (Xenoblade, Prime Trilogy etc.) but nothing that really stands out.

Got rid of Panzer Dragoon Saga when I was younger like a twat (and the rest of my maybe-rare Saturn games). Loved that game :(

Edited by Rhaegyr at 22:28:19 03-09-2013
  • sega 3 Sep 2013 23:04:58 866 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    And they say no one cares about old games, yet they seem to fetch such high prices. Even some of the more common ones seem to match their original rrp price once they reach a certain age.

Panzer Dragoon Saga is another I have. I can't let that one go, though, because it'll be tough to play it again if I do. Saturn emulation isn't up to scratch and I can't see them re-releasing it any time soon.
  • Deleted user 3 September 2013 23:09:38
    Saturn emulation is fine, has been for a few years. It's fiddlier than it needs to be, but the games run pretty flawlessly now, aside from very minor sound/gfx issues with some setups.
  • sega 3 Sep 2013 23:14:45 866 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Nah I tried recently and the games that I wanted to work through it where too glitchy to be as enjoyable as on the Saturn (Panzer Dragoon Saga, Shining Force 3 and Burning Rangers).

I'm sure it'll get there eventually, but I'll hold on to them for the moment as it's no way to play such classics at present.
  • Deleted user 3 September 2013 23:21:19
    Were you using Yabuse or SSF? Yabuse's always been flaky and glitchy, but SSF's been running PDS pretty flawlessly since 2009, and I think it's currently at 99% hardware compatibility. One of the much older Saturn emulators worked so well Sega bought it and used it to make its PC releases.
  • sega 4 Sep 2013 08:12:49 866 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I tried both of those but can't remember which problems were on what. I have a pretty powerful PC that runs pretty much all modern games that I've tried, but I remember slow framrate and bad sound (mostly on Shining Force), flickering scenery and I think one required the discs (or mounting virtual drive nonsense - I can't be doing with that).

I'd love you to prove me wrong and point out one I should have tried instead. I really fancy playing through Shining Force 3 again but can't be bothered to dig out the Saturn.
  • Tonka 4 Sep 2013 08:28:14 20,438 posts
    Seen 32 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    @gamingdave :o

I have such great memories of skipping class, going to the bowling alley and playing that very pinball machine.

There are no words to describe how envious I am.

You are awesome.

If you can read this you really need to fiddle with your forum settings.

• Psiloc 4 Sep 2013 10:32:04 1,465 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @sega Since there's every possibility you're using an old P4 box or something for retro gaming it's worth pointing out you're not going to get great Saturn emulation with just a single core since the console itself had two CPUs.

I may be speaking the obvious here (I'm not big on emulation myself) but similarly unless the emulator itself is optimised for multiple cores it's a waste of your time.
  • gelf 4 Sep 2013 11:30:33 188 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I hope Yabause can up their compatibility, its opengl mode looks lovely when it works. SSF is great compatibility wise but on a PC monitor I think it looks much worse then running an actual Saturn on a CRT as intended so I don't see the point. At least with say PS1 emulation you can up the resolution.

Retro gaming that I can't emulate in a manner I find satisfactory is the reason I cant bare to get rid of my last surviving CRT TV.

Edited by gelf at 11:31:28 04-09-2013
  • sega 4 Sep 2013 11:43:05 866 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I use a multi-core laptop. Ideally I'd love the games to get re-released on Steam or something than use an emulator anyway. I'll keep an eye on the emulation scene, though. Someone is probably working on something somewhere.
  • gamingdave 4 Sep 2013 13:47:42 4,235 posts
    Seen 22 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @Tonka

Me and a group of mates played it every evening as our Uni halls had one in the bar. We vowed to buy one when we got a student house but obviously spent our money on far more pointless things.

10 years latter and the opportunity to buy a recently fully restored one came up for a very reasonable price and I had to jump at it. The day it was due for delivery one of the group was waiting for me on my doorstep :)

The sad thing is I'm still rather rubbish at it. Sure, I can spank most people with ease who play it, but compared to real enthusiasts I am embarrassingly amateurish.

It's a real shame pinball tables haven't made a comeback as they are great fun for all ages, but I guess the maintenance costs can be a nightmare.

At least we have Pinball Arcade keeping the tables alive, they really are very good replicas. Now if only they had Oculus Rift support and someone could make a dedicated controller in the shape of the front of a cabinet which had sensors for nudging, that would be immense.
  • Tonka 4 Sep 2013 13:55:36 20,438 posts
    Seen 32 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    @gamingdave I was never any good at it either. But I still think its the most stylish pinball machine ever and it's the one I always look for if I come to an arcade with some.

That has become a very rare thing in latter years.

If you can read this you really need to fiddle with your forum settings.

• senso-ji 4 Sep 2013 21:59:12 5,914 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    European Castlevania: SOTN on PS1 (complete), Radiant Silvergun on Saturn and Under Defeat for DC are the most valuable games I own.

Generally speaking, DC and Saturn shmups are highly sought after. So much so that even the new games being released for the Dreamcast will jump up in price as soon as the print run sells out.

Edited by senso-ji at 21:59:31 04-09-2013
  • Psiloc 5 Sep 2013 15:20:56 1,465 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @senso-ji Speaking of SOTN, is this a good deal?

There's a couple of disc-only listings for about the same price and one for 90!

Strikes me as the sort of game that might have an awful PAL version though.
  • Page

of 3 First / Last