My threads are never successful so if this goes nowhere I apologise =)|
I recently had to let my contents insurance aware of my games collection and this involved valuing everything. It was enjoyable and horrifying at the same time so I wondered if people wanted to discuss their own rares and valuables. I thought it might be fun to list the top 3/5/10/whatever in order of their current value, so if you've been wise enough to hang on to something that's turned out to be super valuable here is a good place to brag.
My top 5:
1. Snatcher, Mega CD, complete mint. £200+ on a good day.
2. Sega 32X console, CIB. Since it's the PAL version and has all the bits, £200+. Got for £40 =)
3. NES Toploader with composite mod. Very sought after in Europe for various reasons - around £125 I think
4. Chrono Trigger. Even as cart only this cost me £75. AMAZING game.
5. Knuckles Chaotix. PAL version is rare as hell and as cart only still cost £70.
Boxed versions of Chrono and Knuckles go for around £200/£300 each. I'm not made of money.
I think Snatcher is a good investment. Very low distribution + failed system + only English version of a classic Kojima game mean the value will probably never trend downwards.
I've got a fair few games that are worth around £50 such as boxed copies of every Nintendo Final Fantasy game. Another I'll mention is Twin Snakes, it's my original copy and I had no idea until recently it was holding its value like that.
I've been tempted to take some stuff into GAME to hear their hilarious valuations.
21 consoles, 5 handhelds, 2 PCs, 1 Mac and about 700 games from the past 30 years. Every major manufacturer and developer represented. Still a fanboy for disagreeing with you.