My threads are never successful so if this goes nowhere I apologise =)|
I recently had to let my contents insurance aware of my games collection and this involved valuing everything. It was enjoyable and horrifying at the same time so I wondered if people wanted to discuss their own rares and valuables. I thought it might be fun to list the top 3/5/10/whatever in order of their current value, so if you've been wise enough to hang on to something that's turned out to be super valuable here is a good place to brag.
My top 5:
1. Snatcher, Mega CD, complete mint. £200+ on a good day.
2. Sega 32X console, CIB. Since it's the PAL version and has all the bits, £200+. Got for £40 =)
3. NES Toploader with composite mod. Very sought after in Europe for various reasons - around £125 I think
4. Chrono Trigger. Even as cart only this cost me £75. AMAZING game.
5. Knuckles Chaotix. PAL version is rare as hell and as cart only still cost £70.
Boxed versions of Chrono and Knuckles go for around £200/£300 each. I'm not made of money.
I think Snatcher is a good investment. Very low distribution + failed system + only English version of a classic Kojima game mean the value will probably never trend downwards.
I've got a fair few games that are worth around £50 such as boxed copies of every Nintendo Final Fantasy game. Another I'll mention is Twin Snakes, it's my original copy and I had no idea until recently it was holding its value like that.
I've been tempted to take some stuff into GAME to hear their hilarious valuations.
2600, SMS, MD, GEN, 32X, MCD, Saturn, DC, NES, Famicom, SNES, SFC, N64, NGC, Wii, PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4*, Xbox.