Stupid things that annoy you but shouldn't Page 230

• Page

of 244 First / Last

• Rogueywon Most Generous Forumite, 2016 25 Sep 2017 14:29:35 1,941 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    @riceNpea Yeah, I travel to the US a lot on both work and personal business (and am out there next week), so I'm pretty familiar with the ways you can save time and speed up your journey through the airport.

"Get off the plane as fast as possible" is one of the easiest. US immigration is generally better than it was 5 years ago, but it can still be a very, very long wait. Some airports are worse than others. In Florida, for instance, Orlando is fairly-bad-but-not-horrible (lots of obvious-tourists who don't get all that much scrutiny), while Miami tends to be outright hell. I suspect I could have saved myself time (and money) a couple of times by flying into Orlando and just driving down to Miami. Miami really is that bad (I've had almost 4 hours in a queue there once, while Orlando is usually 45 mins - less on a good day). Though I really don't like Miami in general (the city I mean) and avoid it when I get the chance. All of the New York airports tend to be horrible, but there is a definite ordering of queue times from what I've seen. JFK is the least-bad. God help you at La Guardia.

In fairness, it's not all one-way. Non-EU arrivals at Heathrow can have wait times on a par with the really bad US airports.

Car hire actually remains one of the worst parts of the US airport experience. No matter how much you book ahead, get insurance sorted in advance and so on, they almost all seem to want to make you queue up for an hour so a sales drone can give you the full 10 minute upselling-and-insurance pitch.
  • riceNpea 25 Sep 2017 15:00:27 928 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @LittleSparra I think you're right, if people all stick to the limits and lanes it would put an end to the concertina effect and snake-like progression of traffic that causes jams and we'd all her home in good time every time.

And yes I'm sure you are lovely :D
  • riceNpea 25 Sep 2017 15:04:08 928 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @Rogueywon I don't envy you at all though what will all that air travel but on the plus side you are actually aging more slowly relative to the rest of us earth-bound citizens by a a teeny-tiny fraction of a second, you lucky man.
  • Rogueywon Most Generous Forumite, 2016 25 Sep 2017 15:11:43 1,941 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    @riceNpea At least all the air travel lets me catch up on my handheld gaming backlog. Never seem to find the time for the Vita/3DS/Switch when I'm at home. :)
  • riceNpea 25 Sep 2017 15:14:55 928 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Damn it you've just managed to find a way to make me envious about flying so often. The sooner driverless cars are a thing the better.
  • SYS64738 25 Sep 2017 16:09:57 4,726 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @Rogueywon US customs pre-clearance from Dublin FTW. At least a world of pain saved on the way tothe States.
  • Alastair 27 Sep 2017 18:42:03 20,941 posts
    Seen 23 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Did I mention my dislike of the people that hang out right in front of the boarding desk, just to make sure they are on first?
  • Addy_B 27 Sep 2017 19:12:49 1,721 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 5 months ago
    Alastair wrote:
    Did I mention my dislike of the people that hang out right in front of the boarding desk, just to make sure they are on first?
    That gets on my tits as well. I remember a bloke at the front and asking for a wheelchair as he was disabled or something. He got on priority which is fair enough and he was actually at the same resort as us. Minus the wheelchair and dive bombing into the pool.

2 weeks later back in the wheelchair at the airport. I could of ragged him out and beat the shit out of him but I dont think that would of been perceived that well!

Edited by Addy_B at 19:13:07 27-09-2017
  • blobs 27 Sep 2017 19:17:35 544 posts
    Seen 40 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    SpaceMonkey77
  • GuybrushThreepwood 27 Sep 2017 19:30:43 1,271 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 9 months ago
    blobs wrote:
    SpaceMonkey77
    :) I thought of making the exact same post half an hour ago.
  • Addy_B 27 Sep 2017 19:35:39 1,721 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 5 months ago
    That's a bit unfair. The guys a creative genius with lots of work on the go that's unfortunately being stolen.

Or

He's a nonce living in his parents basement hiding from the community backlash of past crimes.
  • The_Goon 27 Sep 2017 19:45:09 603 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Ooh slow walkers and “fat walkers” (people who somehow managed to take up an inordinate amount of space when walking) - get out of my way, dammit!
  • JamboWayOh 27 Sep 2017 20:01:26 3,396 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Addy_B wrote:
    That's a bit unfair. The guys a creative genius with lots of work on the go that's unfortunately being stolen.

Or

He's a nonce living in his parents basement hiding from the community backlash of past crimes.
    A little from column A and a little from column B.
  • challenge_hanukkah 27 Sep 2017 20:13:01 5,240 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    JamboWayOh wrote:
    Addy_B wrote:

Or

He wrote The Unbearable Lightness of Being a Paedophile.
  • JamboWayOh 27 Sep 2017 20:17:10 3,396 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    challenge_hanukkah wrote:
    JamboWayOh wrote:
    Addy_B wrote:

Or

:lol:
  • Addy_B 27 Sep 2017 20:22:07 1,721 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 5 months ago
    @challenge_hanukkah

Glol

Can you get that on kindle?
  • Addy_B 27 Sep 2017 20:24:15 1,721 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 5 months ago
    Sorry since we are talking users can I throw in my own?

User Goodform

Warning. A read of his posts may cause your brain to seep out of your ears.
  • Decks Best Forumite, 2016 27 Sep 2017 20:26:42 11,059 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    The Life and Times of a Small Bean Regarder.
  • mothercruncher 27 Sep 2017 21:11:22 14,120 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    [pompous]Some shite GoodForm says[/pompous]
  • JamboWayOh 27 Sep 2017 21:56:34 3,396 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I always thought GoodForm's posts were:

Talk at intolerable length about a game no one asked his opinion about, coupled with how he would improve the game and make it amazing, plus a dash of how other people are ruining the game with a lesson on the 'right way' to play the game. Never forgetting to always without fail a humblebrag about his abilities in said game.
  • Alastair 27 Sep 2017 22:07:12 20,941 posts
    Seen 23 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    JamboWayOh wrote:

Talk at intolerable length about a game no one asked his opinion about, coupled with how he would improve the game and make it amazing, plus a dash of how other people are ruining the game with a lesson on the 'right way' to play the game. Never forgetting to always without fail a humblebrag about his abilities in said game.
    "The team were down by one hundred tickets when I joined. Pretty soon I had killed an entire squad of enemy using my bayonet, then I hopped in a tank and drove around the battlefield killing everyone as they spawned in. We won because I am so good at the game.
    Battlefield 1 could be better if everyone was as good as me."
  • JamboWayOh 27 Sep 2017 22:19:11 3,396 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @Alastair

Ha! Just needs a bit more OTT adjectives about how good you are.
  • blobs 27 Sep 2017 22:30:30 544 posts
    Seen 40 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    challenge_hanukkah wrote:

Post of the month!
  • Mr_Sleep 27 Sep 2017 23:23:24 21,323 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Alastair wrote:
    JamboWayOh wrote:

"The team were down by one hundred tickets when I joined. Pretty soon I had killed an entire squad of enemy using my breadbin, then I hopped in a tank and drove around the battlefield killing everyone as they spawned in. We won because I am so good at the game.
    Battlefield 1 could be better if everyone was as good as me."
    FTFY.
  • JamboWayOh 28 Sep 2017 00:06:52 3,396 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    After reading that thread I now see Mutler in GoodForm's posts.
  • Saul_Iscariot 28 Sep 2017 00:37:44 2,952 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I like to let my friends on Facebook if I am going up the Stars. RIP George Michaels, gone but never forgotten.
  • riceNpea 28 Sep 2017 00:52:14 928 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I'll miss him. His weed was good shit.
  • Negan 2 Oct 2017 11:10:10 319 posts
    Seen 40 minutes ago
    Registered 3 months ago
    Adults going about on kids scooters for transport.

Don't know of its just a Brighton thing or widespread but it annoys me.

Also the name Tarquin.
  • JamboWayOh 2 Oct 2017 11:17:50 3,396 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    For some reason my mind automatically thought of kids riding round Brighton in mobility scooters.
  • minky-kong 2 Oct 2017 11:33:37 13,223 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Negan wrote:
    Adults going about on kids scooters for transport.

Don't know of its just a Brighton thing or widespread but it annoys me.

See it in London too, often guys in full business suits riding on them. They look like proper bellends.
  • Page

of 244 First / Last

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.