Anti-Gay Laws

• Page

of 8 First / Last

Previous
  • Deleted user 7 August 2013 20:24:50
    I'm a bit late on this but Wtf...

http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2013/08/05/russias-anti-gay-laws-in-line-with-publics-views-on-homosexuality/

Now I'm not pro gay or anything, as seen re gay marriage forced on church, but this is mental.

Was also reading on BBC how people are getting arrested for holding hands and for looking gay.

I can't even fathom that, you shouldn't be abused just because you are gay/Jew etc. Don't agree with it but let people live their lives in peace.
  • Deleted user 7 August 2013 20:26:53
    I predict this will end well...

Prove me wrong EG collective!
  • Mr-Brett 7 Aug 2013 20:33:21 12,828 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Choppi do you love the gays? I couldn't tell your position from the OP which in no way will make this another thread about you.

Level 37 Social Justice Warrior

• Rusty_M 7 Aug 2013 20:42:03 4,774 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    For "looking gay"?

I'd best not go to Russia, then. It wouldn't be the first time someone had assumed I was gay. I don't even think I'm that camp.

The world is going mad. Me? I'm doing fine.

• Deleted user 7 August 2013 20:43:36
    wouldn't like to be Black and Russian either
  • Ziz0u 7 Aug 2013 20:57:58 8,499 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Why don't you "agree" with it? Why do you care?
  • Bremenacht 7 Aug 2013 21:00:04 18,761 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Mr-Brett wrote:
    Choppi do you love the gays? I couldn't tell your position from the OP which in no way will make this another thread about you.
    I don't think Choppi is gay, but being sucked off by a young chap at a popular truck-stop doesn't count as being gay, amongst the trucker community.
  • kalel 7 Aug 2013 21:07:08 88,470 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Choppi wrote:

I can't even fathom that, you shouldn't be abused just because you are gay/Jew etc. Don't agree with it but let people live their lives in peace.
    As long as they don't want to stay in your B&B right?
  • Deleted user 7 August 2013 21:10:08
    It's crazy that with stuff like this this, the almost mandatory use of road cams to ensure you don't get shot (or, perversely, ensure that you can track down whoever cut you up and shoot them) and the seemingly unending alcoholism problem, the USSR era seems almost pleasant by comparison.
  • Deleted user 7 August 2013 21:10:35
    PS - I like to think that Choppi was saying she doesn't agree with Jews.
  • JuanKerr 7 Aug 2013 21:12:45 36,331 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I don't mind gays or Jews, but I just can't stand gay Jews.
  • kalel 7 Aug 2013 21:12:47 88,470 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    glol
  • sport 7 Aug 2013 21:14:55 12,776 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Was that a nervous laugh, kalel?
  • RedSparrows 7 Aug 2013 21:15:00 23,338 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Russia is a mess. Or rather, a lot of it is.
  • Plant 7 Aug 2013 21:23:46 261 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Choppi wrote:

http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2013/08/05/russias-anti-gay-laws-in-line-with-publics-views-on-homosexuality/

Now I'm not pro gay or anything, as seen re gay marriage forced on church, but this is mental.

Was also reading on BBC how people are getting arrested for holding hands and for looking gay.

What exactly don't you agree with?
    Which churches was equal marriage forced upon?

I agree that the piece you reported on is abhorrent, but you must see that the views you express are in part to blame for the behaviour we are witnessing in Russia and elsewhere.
  • muttler 7 Aug 2013 21:24:40 4,134 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Isn't Choppi transgender?  Does that make her/him automatically gay?  I can't remember..
  • spamdangled 7 Aug 2013 21:27:06 27,413 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @Choppi

This surprises you?

Christ, if you think that's bad, look at Nigeria and many other african countries - life imprisonment for being gay, regular lynchings and murders. Hell, people's parents now face life imprisonment if they don't inform the police that their child is gay (it's seen as aiding and abetting an immoral lifestyle and trying to harm society).

Then there's the regular murders all over the world of gay people, the "subtle" discrimination - not hiring people if you find out their gay, without actually saying that's the reason (frequently happens), banning gay people from giving blood or donating organs despite the fact that STIs are increasing far greater among straight people, hospital visitation rights, media portrayals of strereotypes and describing gay people with "hilarious" plays on words involving fairies, back doors, etc and their obsession with "outing" people in the public eye and presenting it as a sordid scandal, discrimination through the tax system etc (couple's pension and inheritance entitlements are different, with gay people entitled to less in the uk - even with the new marriage laws coming in). Then there's the rising levels of hate crime, which were already still prevalent in this country despite what people seem to think. Police don't take homophobic violence seriously, frequently treating incidents as a punch up in a pub rather than a hate crime, particularly when it comes to domestic violence in the gay community, which they and politicians seem to think doesn't exist, or more likely don't want to acknowledge it.

It aggravates me when people think "gay people have it fine now, they should just shut up", because it normally comes from people who actually don't know about the level of discrimination that still exists - domestically and internationally.

And I thought the Russia thing was common knowledge anyway? It hits the news a few times a year, with things like gay pride being banned and stuff like that. Putin is cracking down even harder on it in the last couple of years, and the public only share the view because they're bombarded with so much anti-gay state propaganda. And then there's India and Pakistan, the Middle-East (many of which have the death sentence for gay people, including tourists), China and Asian countries, France, Poland, ex-soviet countries, south america... and that's before you get into the activities of religious establishments like the CoE (who are fuelling and encouraging the Nigeria stuff) or the Roman Catholic Church.

Edited by darkmorgado at 21:35:41 07-08-2013

3DS: 4055-2781-2855 Xbox: spamdangled PSN: dark_morgan Wii U: Spamdangle Steam: spamdangled

• Deleted user 7 August 2013 21:30:02
    It's hit the news because of the Winter Olympics. An open letter from Stephen Fry is currently doing the rounds urging the UK to boycott them.
  • spindle9988 7 Aug 2013 21:36:52 3,626 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    kalel wrote:
    Choppi wrote:

As long as they don't want to stay in your B&B right?
    I remember this debate from a while ago. Was choppi the one making quite homophobic comments about the b&b scenario?
  • spamdangled 7 Aug 2013 21:38:23 27,413 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Yes.

Also about gay marriage, IIRC.

Edited by darkmorgado at 21:38:46 07-08-2013

3DS: 4055-2781-2855 Xbox: spamdangled PSN: dark_morgan Wii U: Spamdangle Steam: spamdangled

• MrTomFTW Moderator 7 Aug 2013 21:40:19 38,761 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    She doesn't mind the gays, as long as they're not being the gay around her and she doesn't have to think about them bumming.

Follow me on Twitter: @MrTom
    Voted by the community "Best mod" 2011, 2012 and 2013.

• sport 7 Aug 2013 21:41:54 12,776 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I sometimes think about mowgli naked, butt up and all.
  • MrTomFTW Moderator 7 Aug 2013 21:43:00 38,761 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Aaaaaaaaanyway, it's sad to see a country actually taking a step backwards as far as gay rights are concerned. We expect the likes of Nigeria to be anti-homosexual and we kind of expect it and hope they one day will move past it, but to see Russia regressing in this way is disheartening.

• Deleted user 7 August 2013 21:44:08
    sport wrote:
    I sometimes think about mowgli naked, butt up and all.
    That's put me right off my cottage pie.
  • spindle9988 7 Aug 2013 21:48:05 3,626 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Wait a minute. Is choppi a female?
    I personally think its disgusting to not like someone because of their sexuality. I like/dislike people based on their personality. I don't care whether they like cock or minge. Or both
  • RedSparrows 7 Aug 2013 21:49:06 23,338 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I like my cock, and minge. What am I?!
  • spindle9988 7 Aug 2013 21:49:28 3,626 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Bilingual
  • Bremenacht 7 Aug 2013 22:05:46 18,761 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Hermaphrodite
  • Deleted user 7 August 2013 22:06:37
    Caster Semenya
  • MrTomFTW Moderator 7 Aug 2013 22:06:52 38,761 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    AC\DC

• Page

of 8 First / Last

Previous