Police in USA arrest man for filming them and then shoot his dog dead in front of him. Page 6

• Page

of 6 First / Last

Next
  • Shikasama 6 Jul 2013 19:24:43 6,626 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Nades wrote:
    @4gate The thing is, you're blaming the dogs for being dangerous, when its not the dogs fault, its the owners. They aren't dangerous animals at all if looked after proper, its a simple fact.
    It's not a fact at all. It's actually the opposite of a fact.

I remember this fella from the Premier League thread before he was shamed into not showing his avatar there.
  • Deleted user 6 July 2013 19:36:30
    Which dogs are naturally dangerous? Because I'm pretty sure that's fucking rubbish.
  • Deckard1 6 Jul 2013 19:46:20 27,226 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Akitas are pretty dodgy no matter how they've been brought up. Still kind of want one though.
  • Khanivor 6 Jul 2013 19:47:23 40,402 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    All of them. All dogs are naturally dangerous. Some are naturally more aggressive than others but at the end of the day all dogs can do serious, even fatal damage to other living creatures.
  • LetsGo 6 Jul 2013 19:49:20 5,175 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Dogs aren't dangerous, its their owners who are.

Just like when you bring a kid up, bring it up to be an aggressive arse and it will be an aggressive arse.

This guy has been in prison and is currently awaiting charge for another offence, its his fault the the dog is like what he was.
  • Khanivor 6 Jul 2013 20:04:21 40,402 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I'm sorry but that's bollocks. The owner of course plays a huge role. In making the dog less dangerous by training it to be obedient. Unfortunately lots of owners believe their dogs are not capable of being dangerous and so take that duty lightly. Then Fluffy gets an annoying kid in their face and bites them.

Then there are the assholes who train their dogs to be vicious. In the US there's a pretty large problem with dogs being trained to fight, so I can understand the cops' reaction.

At the end of the day other than the ridiculous fluffy dogs bred to look like ornaments most dogs have been bred to do a job. And that job often involved killing things. Dogs were selected for their ability to kill. Dachshunds, for example, don't look like they do because someone wanted a live draft excluder. Instead, they were bred to go down rabbit holes and kill the fuckers.

I'm no expert on dogs but I do know that people who think dogs aren't inherently dangerous are dangerously naive.
  • Khanivor 6 Jul 2013 20:06:50 40,402 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Saying that, Chihuahuas are a naturally aggressive breed. Which is why it is strongly recommended that they don't share a home with small children.
  • FWB 6 Jul 2013 20:27:38 43,857 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I suggest anyone who wants to get one be put down.
  • Futaba 6 Jul 2013 20:40:09 3,462 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Khanivor wrote:
    Saying that, Chihuahuas are a naturally aggressive breed. Which is why it is strongly recommended that they don't share a home with small children.

As far back as I can remember I always wanted to be a ninja.

• phAge 6 Jul 2013 20:56:20 24,337 posts
    Seen 44 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Khanivor wrote:
    I'm sorry but that's bollocks. The owner of course plays a huge role. In making the dog less dangerous by training it to be obedient. Unfortunately lots of owners believe their dogs are not capable of being dangerous and so take that duty lightly. Then Fluffy gets an annoying kid in their face and bites them.

Then there are the assholes who train their dogs to be vicious. In the US there's a pretty large problem with dogs being trained to fight, so I can understand the cops' reaction.

At the end of the day other than the ridiculous fluffy dogs bred to look like ornaments most dogs have been bred to do a job. And that job often involved killing things. Dogs were selected for their ability to kill. Dachshunds, for example, don't look like they do because someone wanted a live draft excluder. Instead, they were bred to go down rabbit holes and kill the fuckers.

I'm no expert on dogs but I do know that people who think dogs aren't inherently dangerous are dangerously naive.
    This. Anyone who thinks that all dogs are biologically wired the same or that all dogs are equally capable of harming humans, knows very little about biology (and dogs).
  • morriss 6 Jul 2013 21:13:42 70,911 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Futaba wrote:
    Khanivor wrote:

:'D
  • AaronTurner 6 Jul 2013 21:22:07 7,595 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    When I took my dog to the vet the other day she got her temperature read and shat on the vets hand. The vet said it was an unusual reaction, when I quizzed what a normal reaction was he said a lot of dogs are aggressive.

Now of course, they are getting a stick poked up their arse however the point is that dogs arent the most intelligent of animals and can easily misinterpret a situation and lash out. Dogs are unpredictable by nature and the capability is in them all to be aggressive.
  • ZuluHero 6 Jul 2013 21:36:25 4,023 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    If I'm in a situation when I'm nervous, my first instinct is to fight or crap myself too. Sometimes both ;)
  • TarickStonefire 7 Jul 2013 14:00:28 2,901 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    midnight_walker wrote:
    Deckard1 wrote:
    Why the fuck would anyone want to watch that? Why post it?
    Well did you watch it? Everything you need to know about the video is in the thread title. If you don't want to watch it, don't click play.
    Not *everything* you need to know.

You need to know that the dog was making a lunge for the officer that shot it. Otherwise the title makes it seem very much like the officer just fancied being a dick and shot the dog for shits and giggles, which is probably what you were going for, to be honest.

Any Netflix library in the world for a couple of quid a month? Gimme!

• Bremenacht 13 Aug 2013 17:57:59 17,613 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    LetsGo wrote:
    Megapocalypse wrote:
    Shikasama wrote:
    Pretty sure you get a stern warning if you film the police here, especially in London.
    There is no law against filming the police here and anyone who says otherwise is wrong. A lot of prep pre seen to think that this makes it perfectly fine to get right up in to officers faces with their phones whilst they're trying to work and then feign surprise and outrage when told to step back a bit.
    Doesn't the new counter-terrorism act say....;

'16; “allows for the arrest and imprisonment of anyone who takes pictures of officers ‘likely to be useful to a person committing or preparing an act of terrorism’.” The punishment for this offense is imprisonment for up to ten years and a fine.'

So they can just say, we think you may be preparing an act of terrorism and arrest you.
    I got stopped by a copper at Wimbledon a few years ago for taking a picture of a mate going through the scanning machine. I was asked to locate the offending pictures on the camera and delete them. Only then were we allowed to carry on. I think the reason given was that a picture of such a machine could aid terrorists. Why terrorists would seek to obtain my camera when they could just google for images went unexplained. Better to argue with coppers on-line instead ;- )

Edited by Bremenacht at 17:58:25 13-08-2013
  • Page

of 6 First / Last

Next