• oldschoolsoviet 7 Jul 2013 23:08:23 5,459 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Hmmm.....

Yep.
  • Trafford 8 Jul 2013 08:25:23 5,732 posts
    Seen 23 seconds ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I still haven't finished The Last of Us due to this damn game.
  • aros 8 Jul 2013 09:15:29 2,736 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Finally completed Crackdown yesterday by ensuring I was on the door side of where the snipers lazer appears when you have killed the correct number of guys. :D

Back into this game now!
  • Zizoo 8 Jul 2013 09:33:19 8,274 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Crackdown is a bastard. Had to watch a Youtube video to get past it /o\
  • CharlieStCloud 8 Jul 2013 15:00:00 5,202 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Although I died plenty of times, I cannot say I had any real problems with any particular level and whilst I hate to be 'that guy' ... thinking back to the Crackdown mission, I found it to be surprisingly straight forward, especially when you use the Tony (tiger) mask, which allows you to punch once to instantly kill the enemies.

Think the seventh, eighth and ninth missions were the most challenging whereas the last four or five were fairly brisk (to run through).

I got the jist of the story however, you never confronted those three masked people sitting down in their respective armchairs again. Felt like it was all leading up to that room yet the ending was ... different to what I had expected, I suppose.

... love the bonus Eurogamer Expo level though!

: )
  • Zizoo 8 Jul 2013 23:51:16 8,274 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    What's up with all the bonus missions I had no idea existed until I went through the chapters to chase some A+ rankings? Especially the Eurogamer Expo one. Any idea how this came about? I would've missed them had I not checked the chapters!

Unnecessary spoiler tags perhaps :)
  • CharlieStCloud 9 Jul 2013 08:40:02 5,202 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I guess they are there for an extra dosage of fun!

... the Eurogamer Expo is likely thrown in at the last minute because the game was playable for the first time there as well as picking up a (joint) Game of the Show award. I imagine the Hotline Miami guys are quite fond of Eurogamer!

The other bonus level is ... strange. Very open and easy to die; I used the giraffe mask to look further, which really helps. I wish those occult symbols made the level go a little bit weird though.
  • Zizoo 9 Jul 2013 08:53:24 8,274 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I'm not complaining, just glad I found them :)

Ah, that makes sense. Very cool.

I had a quick go on that one and it seems like you just need to rampage through it.
  • Help_me 9 Jul 2013 10:13:26 940 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    My first play through was using no masks at all. Quite difficult some of the levels if doing that. Now replyaing with masks to get the trophies!
  • CharlieStCloud 9 Jul 2013 10:30:02 5,202 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Help_me wrote:
    My first play through was using no masks at all. Quite difficult some of the levels if doing that. Now replaying with masks to get the trophies!
    Flipping heck!

... well done indeed, but wearing and trying our different masks is surely part of the fun, no?

I honestly think the tiger mask makes the game a little bit too easy in places, seeing as you can storm into a crowded room whilst continuously punching the baddies. The only negative is that it doesn't get you anywhere near A+ so, I suppose they (fairly) outweigh each other.

Is there anywhere where you can buy the soundtrack using an iPad? I do not have my laptop at present unfortunately.
  • aros 9 Jul 2013 10:32:54 2,736 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Have you tried iTunes? Sorry if that's a stupid question!
  • CharlieStCloud 9 Jul 2013 11:00:03 5,202 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    aros wrote:
    Have you tried iTunes? Sorry if that's a stupid question!
    That was the first place I checked and unfortunately, no such thing exists on there other than a Miami Beach workout music album.

: (
  • Help_me 9 Jul 2013 11:02:00 940 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Full soundtrack is on Youtube.

Or soundcloud - first I've heard of this though so, caveat emptor.

Edited by Help_me at 11:03:43 09-07-2013
  • Sharzam 9 Jul 2013 11:10:16 2,832 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    What's it like compared to the pc version with pad? I played a bit last night on my pc using a 360 pad to see how it feels before I go buying it on vita, and my god it felt horrible.

The mouse is the only proper way,  but then I read it was different on the ps3. So now proper confused.

Known as 'Sharzam' in 98.5% of games

• JohnnyIsTruant 9 Jul 2013 11:56:56 57 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Just bought it this morning and I must say it lives up to the hype. Hyper kinetic ultra violence played to an artform. I only wish there were no gun dependent sections due to the aiming being pretty fucking tricky to get a grip on.
  • sickpuppysoftware 9 Jul 2013 13:38:18 1,324 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    @Sharzam If it helps any I'm finding it perfectly playable on the vita. Certainly no worse than the PC with keys and mouse. Aiming with the right stick can be a little trickier but using the touchscreen to target people and look around makes up for it.

You cannot stop me with paramecium alone!

• RunningMan 9 Jul 2013 23:43:06 2,394 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    last level is so hard. Done the dogs, then get shot every time. How do you beat it????. Last level angst....

Edited by RunningMan at 23:48:01 09-07-2013
  • breedob 10 Jul 2013 00:31:46 467 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @RunningMan scrap that I'm not even thinking of the last level lol! If it's final chapter: after u kill the dogs auto target the next dude and throw ur weapon and it should take them out. Hide behind the obstacle on the right or left side of the room to avoid the main dudes gunfire then run out when he stops firing and pick up the weapons lying on the ground and auto target and throw. This is from memory so sorry if it's no help :)

Edited by breedob at 00:53:00 10-07-2013
  • RunningMan 10 Jul 2013 07:58:36 2,394 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @breedob Cheers I'll try that :)
  • Trafford 10 Jul 2013 08:38:36 5,732 posts
    Seen 23 seconds ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I only discovered the lock on feature the other night. R3, makes aiming a lot easier. Don't recall that on the pc version.

Do you only unlock the bonus levels with high rankings? I'm struggling to score above C+.
  • CharlieStCloud 10 Jul 2013 09:02:53 5,202 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Trafford wrote:
    Do you only unlock the bonus levels with high rankings? I'm struggling to score above C+.
    ... have you completed all five parts of the game?

You'll unlock the bonus levels then!
  • Trafford 10 Jul 2013 09:13:59 5,732 posts
    Seen 23 seconds ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Thanks Charlie, I can see this all taking a while.Only just beaten Crackdown, its a stiff challenge and my skills are a bit flaky.
  • PeacockDreams 15 Jul 2013 20:43:50 202 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Completed this the other night. Cracking little game. Got that 'just one more go' thing going on.

It never feels unfair when you fail, you know it's down to you and you only. Looking forward to the sequel now. And to think I nearly overlooked this as I thought it may not be my thing
  • Flying_Pig 18 Jul 2013 10:52:40 10,878 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Started this on the way to work this morning. Brutal and tough, but loving it.

I really like the strategic aspect of the game, but reckon if you're quick enough you should just be able to blitz past everyone.
  • Flying_Pig 22 Jul 2013 13:38:23 10,878 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    About half way through (playing Crackdown) and loving this. It's just about a perfect combination of gameplay, graphics and music.

I think I'll replay the levels (once I've finished the game once) to collect all the masks etc, but I can't see me getting A+ on any level, let alone all of 'em!
  • Flying_Pig 24 Jul 2013 09:55:43 10,878 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    And finished \o/

Really liked the twist for the epilogue, but I still don't really get what the whole thing's about :)

Replaying some levels to collect all of the puzzle pieces and masks (and seeing if I can improve my rating).

Love this game - perfect on the Vita!
  • wobbly_Bob 28 Jul 2013 11:43:00 1,714 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Ok. Stuck. Help!

The level I'm on is hot and heavy, it's the segment that's accessed via a door on the left from the main level. I can kill everybody apart from one of those black guys in a suit/purple shirt he is immune to everything: bullets, swords, doors a and so on. Is this a bug or I'm missing something? Played and got this immortal guy yesterday and figured it was a bug but same again today.

Edited by wobbly_Bob at 11:43:46 28-07-2013
  • TheMayorOfJugs 28 Jul 2013 11:50:24 3,337 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    @wobbly_Bob Shotguns only I think.
  • Page

of 9 First / Last