Gaming Time and Work/ Family Time Page 2

• Page

of 5 First / Last

• ZuluHero 23 Jun 2013 16:49:05 3,942 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Trafford wrote:
    jonsaan wrote:
    Going to bed later than your other half is not good for your sex life.
    Indeed, bad habit.
    So is having children ;)
  • Deleted user 23 June 2013 16:52:54
    northernlights wrote:
    Are you finding it harder to play now ur older ? What workaround have u found ?
    I dnt no wht u mean. I jst do wht I wnt.
  • skuzzbag 23 Jun 2013 18:03:21 5,626 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I get about 2 hours a night to game but I'm always feeling guilty that I should be doing something more productive like studying.
  • JuanKerr 23 Jun 2013 18:12:29 36,173 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Game is not a verb you illiterate cunts.
  • maddermax 23 Jun 2013 18:20:18 8 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I get a lot of game when I game my games and I fucking love it.
  • zoolophage 25 Jun 2013 21:48:26 1,532 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    This thread got me to thinking that, while I'll likely never give up playing games, I'm certainly moving strongly towards playing less and less. I'll always keep up to a certain extent with whatever handheld Nintendo have, but apart from that I could so easily let it go altogether. I used to be big on pc game but I haven't had a pc capable of playing the latest gen games for the past 5 or 6 years. If you'd asked me that a few years ago I'd have thought that would never happen.

Also, I have a few other 'serious' hobbies that take a fair bit of time / commitment (learning foreign languages, running, gardening) and gaming is coming in a poor fourth at the moment. There's also the other normal stuff like reading books and watching films. Looks like gaming is receding further and further into the background as the years pass. It's a bit sad but maybe it's only natural as we get older.

3DS: 2019-9957-3472

• Mr-Brett 25 Jun 2013 21:54:20 12,719 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    maddermax wrote:
    I get a lot of game when I game my games and I fucking love it.
    You got game son.

Portable view - Never forget.

• EMarkM 25 Jun 2013 22:05:14 3,171 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    JuanKerr wrote:
    Game is not a verb you illiterate cunts.
    Are you not a gamer, nay, a Eurogamer?

Do you therefore not game?

;)
  • Deleted user 25 June 2013 22:09:48
    It is a verb though with a different meaning:
    Merriam Webster
    game
    verb
    gamed gam·ing
    Definition of GAME
    intransitive verb
    : to play for a stake
    transitive verb
    archaic : to lose or squander by gambling
    : to take dishonest advantage of : cheat

Edited by Cosmopolitan at 22:10:29 25-06-2013
  • Rusty_M 25 Jun 2013 22:52:56 4,551 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Trafford wrote:
    jonsaan wrote:
    Indeed, bad habit.
    Doesn't seem to be doing mine any harm, but my wife goes to bed between 21:00 and 22:00. I can't go to sleep that early often.

The solution is to have sex, fall asleep for however long (like that can be helped) then get up until I'm tired.

The world is going mad. Me? I'm doing fine.

• Pinky_Floyd 25 Jun 2013 23:49:26 7,253 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Wrong forum dude.
  • killersrquiet 26 Jun 2013 00:11:39 1,821 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Well alright then. Glad I read this thread before going to bed.
  • Roddy100 26 Jun 2013 00:21:48 747 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    jonsaan wrote:
    All my gaming has moved to handheld. Vita mainly, with some 3dsxl on the side.

360 and PS3 are always manned by my children so my interest in them has waned. By the time the kids go to bed I am too tired for games.
    This is basically the same for me. Gone are the days when I could have the lounge room TV to myself for hours on end. I'm married with small kids so it's just no longer possible.
    Most of my gaming is on Vita (and PSP before that) and even then I don't get the same amount of time for gaming as I used to.

My wife has a moderate interest in gaming and so we do play some games together (The Walking Dead, LEGO series, Singstar) but for single player gaming, handhelds are now the norm for me.
  • Nanocrystal 26 Jun 2013 00:37:47 990 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I squeeze it in whenever I can around my wife's busy work schedule.

As for gaming, however...
  • Zackv4861 26 Jun 2013 06:34:36 1,082 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I have little time now for my PS3 with two kids and a wife and in the process of doing up a shitty house so all my gaming moved to the Vita. Far easier to pick up and play for short or long burst and i don't annnoy the wife by hogging the TV.
  • Madder-Max 26 Jun 2013 08:01:46 11,612 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Rusty_M wrote:
    Trafford wrote:
    jonsaan wrote:
    Indeed, bad habit.
    Doesn't seem to be doing mine any harm, but my wife goes to bed between 21:00 and 22:00. I can't go to sleep that early often.

The solution is to have sex, fall asleep for however long (like that can be helped) then get up until I'm tired.
    Hasn't affected my sex life negativley. Me and the missus go at it like rabbits in the morning and as it wakes her up and my hours of work allow me to sleep after its perfect. (No compulsory pillow talk as she has to go to work and I can drift off.)

99 problems and being ginger is one

• Deleted user 26 June 2013 08:06:31
    I HAVE LOTS OF SEX
  • Deleted user 26 June 2013 08:07:42
    Frankly if you can fit sex in before work regularly then either she's very disappointed each day or you go to work at midday.
  • Max_Powers 26 Jun 2013 08:24:45 1,073 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I'm married and game whenever I want on my consoles or PC. We have two big-screen TV's in the house in different rooms. As a rule my wife doesn't force me to watch shit tv, and she doesn't have to suffer me cursing through my microphone all evening playing CoD or something similar.

We love to be together but it's not quality time for either of us when we have to watch or do things we don't like just to sit on the couch together. So when we don't feel like doing anything we just do our own thing separately.

Edited by Max_Powers at 08:25:43 26-06-2013
  • Shikasama 26 Jun 2013 08:45:18 6,570 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    One of the rules when I moved in with my girlfriend was that I have my PC and Xbox in the living room. This way I can still play games and we can talk to each other/she can complain I haven't done the dishes at the same time.

Also means she gets to watch tv and stuff without me hogging it.
  • Rodney 26 Jun 2013 08:49:49 1,832 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Post deleted
  • kalel 26 Jun 2013 08:53:49 86,005 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I just find the concept of "making time for gaming" a bit odd. Gaming has always been something I do in my spare time, "spare" being the key word there. As I get older I have less spare time, and so I spend less time gaming, and by no small coincidence I have a much richer and more fulfilling life than I used to.

I'm not saying gaming is a waste of time, but if you're considering reducing time you spend with your family, or even cutting down on your sleep just to get more gaming time in, you're kinda doing it wrong imho.
  • DUFFMAN5 26 Jun 2013 08:54:05 14,321 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    jonsaan wrote:
    All my gaming has moved to handheld....!!!
    All this talk of gaming, wife's and having or not having a sex life since the arrival of kids and no one has picked up on this ;-)

Surely he means masturbation ;-)

...it was implied...

Edited by DUFFMAN5 at 08:54:59 26-06-2013

"Duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem! Oh, yeah!"

• THFourteen 26 Jun 2013 08:58:47 32,757 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I think spending time with friends and family, and gaming hit different pleasure centres of the brain. Makes sense to do whatever you can to maximise both.

Especially when you consider most people spend 12h a day working/travelling to and from work.
  • Dougs 26 Jun 2013 09:00:50 66,383 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    kalel wrote:
    I just find the concept of "making time for gaming" a bit odd. Gaming has always been something I do in my spare time, "spare" being the key word there. As I get older I have less spare time, and so I spend less time gaming, and by no small coincidence I have a much richer and more fulfilling life than I used to.

I'm not saying gaming is a waste of time, but if you're considering reducing time you spend with your family, or even cutting down on your sleep just to get more gaming time in, you're kinda doing it wrong imho.
    Yeah, this. If I get an hour's gaming in a week, I'm lucky. With 2 kids that can be up from 5am, on top of feeding a 7 month old at 10.30-11pm, and spending time with my wife, gaming is a long way down the list. Hoping that their sleeping habits sort themselves out and I can squeeze an hour or two in, but until they do, I doubt I'll be investing in the next gen.
  • mrpon 26 Jun 2013 09:05:27 28,311 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    You make time for the footy though Dougs? ;)

Give yourself £5 or ½ gig, you're worth it.

• Dougs 26 Jun 2013 09:22:12 66,383 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Of course, priorities and all that (3rd on the list, honest). :)
  • Widge Moderator 26 Jun 2013 10:06:15 13,217 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    With inherited kid and an out of work time that now involves writing for 3 different websites... my game time has got really tight. Finding myself loving the fact that KOTOR has turned up on iPad as that has been getting my lunchtime and train time playing.

I do wish I could spend a bit more time in front of the gamebox though.

_ _ _

www.unpaused.co.uk - electronic noise adjective salad

• bad09 26 Jun 2013 10:14:01 5,614 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    kalel wrote:

You find it wrong people want to make more time for something they enjoy?
  • Page

of 5 First / Last