Gaming Time and Work/ Family Time Page 5

• Page

of 5 First / Last

Next
  • danathjo 27 Jun 2013 10:11:46 7,428 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Shame, online's probably been switched off now...the one that got away eh?
  • Deleted user 27 June 2013 10:16:26
    I find a good gaming session relaxes me and stops me thinking about everyday stuff so for that reason alone I don’t find it a waste of time.

I never game because I have nothing else to do. There is always something that needs doing – its just I make a conscious decision to have some ‘me time’.

I do find my gaming time increasingly limited though. For that reason I have to pick and choose my games.
    I like Pinball, Trials and COD because they are just pick up and play. I havent got time for some RPG that takes 10 hours to get going.

Even great games that I have enjoyed (Dark Souls, Catherine, Xcom) I have ended up abandoning because I leave them for a week or so and lose the continuity.
  • kalel 27 Jun 2013 10:22:14 88,268 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Everyone needs to something to switch off with. I like that Australian programme about airport security on Sky One.

But if you ever catch me saying I need to make more time in my life for it, kill me.
  • northernlights 27 Jun 2013 10:23:49 695 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Yeah losing the continuity for me is a hard thing as sometimes time I get back to something I've forgot the story or due to lack of gaming time I get bored as the same game takes weeks to complete.

I like long RPGs though and don't just want load up Fifa or COD once a week
  • mcmonkeyplc 27 Jun 2013 10:29:11 39,467 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    West wing re-watch > Gaming for me at the moment.

Before that it was Breaking Bad, Before that it was the Killing (Danish).

Basically box sets have taken over from gaming.

Probably cause they tell decent stories unlike most games. It's telling that the last one I completed was Mass Effect 3.

Edited by mcmonkeyplc at 10:29:56 27-06-2013

Come and get it cumslingers!

• bad09 27 Jun 2013 10:31:56 6,001 posts
    Seen 49 seconds ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    northernlights wrote:
    Yeah losing the continuity for me is a hard thing as sometimes time I get back to something I've forgot the story or due to lack of gaming time I get bored as the same game takes weeks to complete.

I like long RPGs though and don't just want load up Fifa or COD once a week
    Yeah I'm the same, RPGS take forever to complete now and sometimes I just lose the flow due to not playing for a while and dump 'em (sorry Skyrim and Fallout NV), but I still get them and give it a go as there is nothing like a nice meaty RPG.
  • northernlights 27 Jun 2013 10:50:02 695 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I think I am my own worse enemy. I will often buy games though I have loads of stuff already to play I then rush through games to get the next one. I spend more time on gaming sites, listening to podcasts and on hot uk deals website than I do actually playing them
  • Page

of 5 First / Last

Next