Pro Evolution Soccer 2014 Page 30

• Page

of 36 First / Last

• LastAngryMan 9 Oct 2013 21:32:26 28 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Just got a title update on 360 - does anyone know what this is meant to change/fix?
  • Nades 9 Oct 2013 22:12:29 623 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    It makes the download speed for the data pack faster, but laughably it still doesn't work. Oh dear Konami we've gone from "my data pack corrupts at 50% on the install screen" to "my data pack corrupts at 99% on the install screen"

Liverpool FC

• Lyserberg 10 Oct 2013 15:15:47 349 posts
    Seen 4 months ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I'll just put it this way.

You'd be completely insane if you thought this game is a PES 2013.ish, because it isn't, it's the complete opposite of that, the overhaul that we've all been waiting for. (at least as a fan of simulation)

And yet worse, if you think about giving your money to EA Sports instead of Konami if you're a PC Gamer and not planning going next-gen at launch, this is a less dangerous form of insanity but still...

The sensations i had while playing this game were simply orgasmic, it's beautiful piece of art, what i would otherwise call a window to the possibilities that next-gen opens to us, it's quite mind-boggling to look at a such advanced tech in current hardware, the game is a no-buyer on PS3/360 unless you have a good friends list that you're dedicated to, the PC is the way to go.

Again, kudos to Konami for taking advantage of this strategy, and making PC an important install-base for them.

I'll reply back with some impressions later, there's a huge whack load of stuff and content to talk about.

Edited by Lyserberg at 15:17:22 10-10-2013

La cerise sur le gāteau!

• Dougs 11 Oct 2013 10:48:05 64,887 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Still enjoying this, but it's much, mcuh easier than previous versions. Despite having played PES since the first game, I'm still a bit shit and can't get my head around skill moves etc. I'd never have put 7 past any team on top player, even if it was Palace. I probably need to dial down the auto settings a bit. Hard though, as I enjoy winning!

Nice to see the player ratings are still as irrelevant as ever though
  • w00t 11 Oct 2013 11:19:01 10,973 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    So... can anyone actually play online in the 360 version at the moment?

The day charity died - NEVER FORGET

(the mic was OK in the end)

• killersrquiet 11 Oct 2013 12:25:18 1,386 posts
    Seen 25 minutes ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Cant even download the data pack.

A release of epic incompetence. Since the cheating is still prevelant online play is pretty much pointless.

Gameplay is superb but the lack of basics features that fifa covers is very jarring at times.

Edited by killersrquiet at 18:13:17 11-10-2013
  • binky Moderator 11 Oct 2013 14:09:28 9,236 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Just a heads up - PES14 less than £20 on Simplygames at the mo.
    http://www.simplygames.com/info/20090/PES-2014-Xbox-360
  • Lyserberg 11 Oct 2013 15:48:49 349 posts
    Seen 4 months ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Dougs wrote:
    mcuh easier than previous versions.
    Yeah about that... i'm not sure, i've actually found it more difficult than the previous iteration, maybe it's due to the SuperStar difficulty making all the other ones generally easier ? Not sure, but not that much to complain about the sheer difficulty of the game, it's alright...

Did anyone try the become a legend thing ? Somehow they figured that white would be the perfect color for the arrow indicating your position, well guess what ? Due to some graphical glitch related to FOX Engine or/and my GPU Driver (May NVIDIA hurry up with the stuff.) i can't distinguish it from the very bright yellow lighting setup.

They should've just gone with red or blue or...

At the moment it's unplayable, i'm gonna hold until it's fixed.

La cerise sur le gāteau!

• killersrquiet 11 Oct 2013 18:14:02 1,386 posts
    Seen 25 minutes ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    I think its easier to get into scoring/shooting positions but harder to convert
  • Dougs 11 Oct 2013 18:38:01 64,887 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I can only go on my own comparison really. In previous years, I would have close games but win most on Professional, and lose most on top player. This year I'm winning most on Top Player (admittedly with a PL club) . And I don't think I've suddenly got better at the game.
  • LastAngryMan 11 Oct 2013 18:58:02 28 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @Dougs Yeah I agree. I struggled to win games on Professional last few years but am about to get promoted in my first ML season on Top Player - only made 1 signing too.

Its strange. The AI seems to go through spells in a match where it barely makes a tackle. Then it will suddenly change and make it impossible to keep possession. I think for me its just about right but concerned that once I get a decent ML team it could get too easy, which when coupled with shoddy online play, would be a bit of a tragedy.
  • -Metro 12 Oct 2013 04:33:35 10 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 7 months ago
    I was prepared to return to the PES fold this year after a generation in exile, I really was. But the truth is, while the gameplay at its best - dodgy keepers, etc notwithstanding - is sublime, it's simply not significantly enough better than FIFA, to ignore everything else about it that is significantly WORSE, and rough-as-fuck to boot.

Chiefly, online multiplayer. I mean, seriously - is this lag-fest meant to be a joke?! As a predominantly online player, it simply isn't an option for me, compared to the buttery smoothness of FIFA. Back I go then, a new Online Seasons campaign awaits!

Edited by -Metro at 09:29:58 12-10-2013
  • Mattuk123 12 Oct 2013 08:19:59 128 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    -Metro wrote:
    I was prepared to return to the PES fold this year after a generation in exile, I really was. But the truth is, while the gameplay - at its best, dodgy keepers, etc notwithstanding - is sublime, it's simply not significantly enough better than FIFA, whereas everything else about it is significantly WORSE, and rough-as-fuck to boot.

Most damningly, online multiplayer. I mean, seriously - is this lag-fest meant to be a joke?! As a predominantly online player, it simply isn't an option for me, compared to the buttery smoothness of FIFA. Back I go then, a new Online Seasons campaign awaits!
    Yeah if I played online I wouldn't touch pes tbh luckily I mainly play offline.

@LastAngryMan ML is broken for me the defensive ai will just back off me even when sprinting into the box allowing me to shoot, really strange as it's fine in league mode and exhibition.

Edited by Mattuk123 at 08:23:46 12-10-2013
  • LastAngryMan 12 Oct 2013 08:27:01 28 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @Mattuk123 what difficulty are you on? I remember this being the same with last year in regular they actually wouldn't tackle you! I think ml seems to vary the difficulty, some games are randomly much harder, whereas tournaments are more fixed. That's my theory anyway!
  • Mattuk123 12 Oct 2013 08:38:11 128 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Both top player and superstar, at the start of ML it was hard but since I won the Brazilian league every team has been a walk over in the copa and Brazilian cup. The defensive ai just back of me it's a joke.

Been playing league mode instead now and it's much more challenging, think the heart feature might have messed up my game.

Edited by Mattuk123 at 08:38:37 12-10-2013
  • Lyserberg 12 Oct 2013 12:01:26 349 posts
    Seen 4 months ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @Mattuk123 The difficulty may be tweaked differently, or ultimately it may be proper to this kind of progressive mode like Masters League, where there's more than just the sheer characteristics of the players that determine the outcome of the match.

In PES 2013 it was quite obvious that there was a ball-park difference between the normal modes and ML / BL, whether it's on the easy or the difficult side, it just feels so dynamic, that might not be the case of you go further in it.

Side Note : Never mind about the graphical glitch, after rerunning the game, the white arrow is no longer a problem, the lighting seems more natural (Green grass, finally !) and it plays better.

Another Side Note : Is anyone noticing unexplainable dips in performance in replays and pre-match cinematics ? My Graphics Card should be able to render the whole thing at flawless 60 (like many other games i have) and yet it's not capable of doing that, have anyone noticed this ?

I bet on a cap set by Konami to preserve animation fidelity, it seems related to the missing "Skip frames" option.

Will probably double-check that by watching a console gameplay.

La cerise sur le gāteau!

• LastAngryMan 12 Oct 2013 12:29:18 28 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Mattuk123 wrote:
    Both top player and superstar, at the start of ML it was hard but since I won the Brazilian league every team has been a walk over in the copa and Brazilian cup. The defensive ai just back of me it's a joke.

Been playing league mode instead now and it's much more challenging, think the heart feature might have messed up my game.
    Hmm will be interesting to see how my ML plays out next season in Serie A then. I won the cup against Lazio and it was a great match, 2-1 AET, really tense, hard to keep possession, only 2 shots after 90 minutes - I was hoping once I'd been promoted all the League games would be like that, and maybe it was just the DII teams being a bit crap once I'd got in to the game. Nothing kills a football game quite as much as it being too easy.

Edited by LastAngryMan at 12:31:28 12-10-2013
  • Ironlungs76 15 Oct 2013 19:15:12 4,930 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Urgh.

Whisper it quietly, but I'm seriously disappointed with this years PES (Pro, X360).

The Data Pack still doesn't work (3rd time of trying tonight and still broken - guess that's a given I'm out of the loop on these things)

The AI seems so excessively boosted (speed, interceptions etc) that every game seems like a midfield hack-a-thon until you get a lucky rebound go in your favour.

Oddly, I've only just experienced my first poor keeper bug, but it was in my favour so I can't grumble about that.

I can see the potential in PES14, it just seems so held back by the AI that is completely buggered into giving the human player a raw deal at every turn (imo).

Cry more nub, learn to play etc...

I'd rather PES11-13 that this at present I'm afraid to admit.
  • SolidSCB 15 Oct 2013 19:21:06 5,822 posts
    Seen 44 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    That reminds me, I got a code to take part in the 11vs11 online beta earlier, now lets see. It was an unplayable lagfest 1v1 so god knows how it is gonna play out with umpteen people in a game. We shall see.
  • don81 19 Oct 2013 20:23:50 142 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I am loving the new pes. I know it has its problems but it plays a lovely game of football. Even when I lose still love it. Keep trying like the fifa 14 demo but just can't ge5 on with pes plays and looks like real football. Well done konami. But still improvements needed.
  • killersrquiet 20 Oct 2013 12:09:04 1,386 posts
    Seen 25 minutes ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    @don81

Fantastic gameplay. The first pes in years that has brought me back.

Unfortunately the rest of the game is designed by monkeys. How on earth konami repeatedly make the same mistakes year on year is beyond anyone.

Fifa wins hands down on everything but gameplay. Such a shame as I would like pes to be a online capable game which quiet frankly it never will be unless a bigger and better company is behind it.
  • Lyserberg 22 Oct 2013 21:42:24 349 posts
    Seen 4 months ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Is there any special e-mail or official forums to contact KONAMI ? My GFX has totally the horsepower to drive that game at constant 60FPS (which i loved about the fact that i'm ACTUALLY playing on PC, in that matter FIFA is better) but that weird unjustified cap of 30 that jerk off my eyes when players hear the Champions League Hymn, it's annoying, it kills my eyes (it seems that it's applying some sort of aggressive Triple-Buffering setup that makes juddering so much of an issue).

Gameplay is tight, replays and pre-match sequences are not, i hope they'll fix it in an upcoming patch, while i'm waiting i'll probably mess with the NVIDIA Drivers and see what happen... :rolleyes:

La cerise sur le gāteau!

• heavy_salad 22 Oct 2013 21:58:31 674 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Gave this a go for the first time earlier and I think it's probably the worst football game I've played. Really, really terrible. The FIFA demo was crap as well, but PES just takes the piss this year.
  • harriselhoff 22 Oct 2013 22:20:19 135 posts
    Seen 5 months ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    heavy_salad wrote:
    Gave this a go for the first time earlier and I think it's probably the worst football game I've played. Really, really terrible. The FIFA demo was crap as well, but PES just takes the piss this year.
    Definitely, no massive exaggeration at all there.
  • heavy_salad 22 Oct 2013 22:24:25 674 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    No massive exaggeration. I really think it's that bad. Presentation side of things is incredibly lazy. But most importantly the gameplay has taken a massive backwards step.
  • Lyserberg 23 Oct 2013 21:57:52 349 posts
    Seen 4 months ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @heavy_salad I can understand why some seem to be hating the game so much, i didn't think the big chance would have such a big impact on players' feedback, intresting. ^^

I'll probably follow up with a big post detailing my impressions, it should be quite revealing as i'm right now just loving it, the sensations are tremendously stunning, it's really awesome, you really have to appreciate the effort put into the making of this game, i have high expectations for the next-gen release next year hoping they don't screw it up.

La cerise sur le gāteau!

• xero521 24 Oct 2013 00:32:26 107 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @heavy_salad

Take it you've not played Fifa 14? I only play online and its shit imo! Lofted through ball or cross in is all what the majority of my opponents do really boring! How is pes online?

Edited by xero521 at 00:33:06 24-10-2013
  • killersrquiet 24 Oct 2013 14:16:34 1,386 posts
    Seen 25 minutes ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    xero521 wrote:
    @heavy_salad

Take it you've not played Fifa 14? I only play online and its shit imo! Lofted through ball or cross in is all what the majority of my opponents do really boring! How is pes online?
    Pes online you ask? On dear where could I start. For one I haven't been able to download the patch for the online function until Monday past. Yes the game WAS released in September by the way.

2nd constant online maintanence means I am yet to play online.

Even if I get online it will be a laggy mess and the disconnect cheat still exists so you might as well not bother.

Pes online is an experience to ignore unless you like mental torture.

Offline is great though

Edited by killersrquiet at 14:17:27 24-10-2013
  • heavy_salad 27 Oct 2013 08:58:29 674 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @xero521 I played the demo of FIFA. Didn't like that either tbh - didn't feel 'right', but it was at least playable.
  • killersrquiet 27 Oct 2013 16:44:39 1,386 posts
    Seen 25 minutes ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    heavy_salad wrote:
    @xero521 I played the demo of FIFA. Didn't like that either tbh - didn't feel 'right', but it was at least playable.
    The demo is different from the final game. The full release is woeful. Players are uncontrollable. Online at least works unlike pes lagfest
  • Page

of 36 First / Last