• Page

of 3 First / Last

Previous
  • Progguitarist 5 Jun 2013 08:40:37 10,780 posts
    Seen 12 months ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Confirmed for Ps4.

Linky

Anyone played this? Seems to be popular on Steam.

Edited by Progguitarist at 08:52:07 05-06-2013
  • Widge Moderator 5 Jun 2013 08:50:32 13,849 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Post deleted
  • Widge Moderator 5 Jun 2013 08:50:32 13,849 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Downloaded and deleted without trying (aiming to play more single player games first) - it looked intriguing and the F2P mechanic seems to effectively be around "lives". If you die too much, you have to wait to get a fresh set.

It looked solid from what I saw, but haven't read a hands on really.
  • Dizzy 5 Jun 2013 09:30:38 3,382 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    It isn't very good TBH.
  • Widge Moderator 5 Jun 2013 12:56:37 13,849 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Think I'll continue to leave it deleted then! It looks unremarkable in a Fuse style, but at least isn't asking anything to dive in and play.
  • Deleted user 5 June 2013 13:55:32
    "Free to play for a reason" category
  • Vortex808 1 Dec 2013 16:07:58 11,502 posts
    Seen 48 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    *bump*

Anyone put much time into this? I had a quick run through the tutorial, but haven't put too much time in yet. It seemed like it could be ok in time. Seemed a little rough like most MMO's, but will hopefully get updated and refined over time.

I opted for the Excalibur frame, but i hope i can switch if it doesn't suit my play style.

Anyone got any tips/hints?
  • fletch7100 1 Dec 2013 16:22:15 8,367 posts
    Seen 8 months ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    On main screen there is a bar top left, is xp for your profile level, once it's filled another option will be on main menu. Rank up or something similar, have to pass a test to rank up first one is survive 3 waves of enemies. Some items are locked to your profile level

Keep using items to rank up those items. Believe that each item has a mod points total, the mods you pick up have a point valve. So the items mods points total limits amount of mods you can add. Also the mods have a symbol, in the items mod slots some have those symbols as well. Match your mod to the same symbol and it halves the mod points required to install that mod. Confused you now I bet. Think that as you keep using that same item it's mods point total will increase as well, don't quote me on that

O button is your primarily interaction button, opening doors,reviving etc.
    Hacking Game is pretty much lining up the lines so each tile links to each other

Can't remember my warframes name powers I'm using at the moment is pull and a shield/ group shield recharger

Different warframes are either damage dealers,support of various styles,stealth, even a mind control one

Can buy drones to follow you around, think they can be modded as well

Sprinting then pressing duck button makes you character start sliding, sprinting to a wall then press and holding jump makes it run up a wall.

Some of the vents can be accessed by shooting at its fan, only the ones that have sparks coming out of them

Will be playing more on Monday night

Edited by fletch7100 at 16:24:00 01-12-2013
  • fletch7100 12 Dec 2013 05:59:06 8,367 posts
    Seen 8 months ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    New update info
  • fletch7100 21 Dec 2013 15:15:59 8,367 posts
    Seen 8 months ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Probably the only person in this forum playing this but it's my time sink game on the PS4. Yup it's a bit rough in places but if you like looting/ grinding games it's worth a look
  • Gambit1977 21 Dec 2013 15:22:38 10,396 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I stopped playing once the update download was apparently not going to background dl.
  • Progguitarist 21 Jan 2014 13:36:02 10,780 posts
    Seen 12 months ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Played some of this last night with some EG'ers and its actually not bad when you play with people who know what they are doing.
  • neilqpr 21 Jan 2014 14:37:53 2,911 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Yeah it's got its claws into a few of us alright, we even have a clan with an empty Dojo too. If you're into lewt and stats it's fairly addictive.

If you want in on the clan fletch let me know, I think I can invite you, if not simp will do it.
  • Progguitarist 21 Jan 2014 14:39:23 10,780 posts
    Seen 12 months ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Yeah man, I think I have to build a key or something. I probably won't be on every night but I will join up for some co op fun when I'm not recording.
  • fletch7100 21 Jan 2014 15:51:14 8,367 posts
    Seen 8 months ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @neilqpr

I am in clan all by my lonesome :) got chemical research room, working on energy next. Clan is called EGers

Can scrap it and join your group
  • neilqpr 21 Jan 2014 16:33:03 2,911 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    We've already go an energy room up and I think the research jobbie went live today.

If you scrap rooms you get the resources back don't you? Though I think you'll have to create another dojo key.

Edit: oh yeah, our clan is MIRMers

Edited by neilqpr at 16:34:00 21-01-2014
  • fletch7100 22 Jan 2014 07:10:23 8,367 posts
    Seen 8 months ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @neilqpr

Ok will join your clan. Takes hour or so for a room to be destroyed, so will ask for clan invite later today. Will start work on my flamethrower today hopefully.
  • Vortex808 22 Jan 2014 08:37:19 11,502 posts
    Seen 48 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    How does it compare to the likes of defiance? I quite enjoyed that for dipping in and out of, but felt this one would require a lot of time sunk into it, which sadly I'm just not likely to be able to do regularly enough.

Since Early Dec i have kept meaning to try it (and WarThunder) more, then just opt for BF4/Resogun/Pinball arcade instead.

Mind you, maybe I should just hold off getting too involved in any other MMO's until Planetside 2 arrives. I think it could eat a lot of my gaming time.
  • fletch7100 22 Jan 2014 09:16:53 8,367 posts
    Seen 8 months ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @Vortex808

. More like a ME3 co op dungeon looter grinder. Is a time sink for me as i have gotten bored of BF4.

More varied classes(warframes). Just about to start building my trinity healing/support style warframe. Other classes inculding Tank like, magnetic powers, frost powers, fire, mind control, close quarters lunatic.

One tip is just to log into the game every day. Get a small bonus each day you log in, this builds up the more consecutive days you log in. The drop rate for the good stuff is very low but it will help with xp even if you won't play the game much. Only takes a couple of mins.

Better to be in a clan then can do trades with other clan members.

Game is more a case of completing each planets missions, move onto the next. On those completed planets you can access harder versions of the original missions. Also you get alert missions( sometimes you can only get certain items via these missions) which are only for completed planets. These are usually only available for a hour or so. Mission rewards Always get repeated another time, so you will never miss out.

There are higher level dungeon missions, get keys for these from certain planet missions mainly defend( against wave of enemies claim a prize every 5 waves ) or survival( defend against endless enemies, oxygen running out must activate life support to keep the match going. Prize every 5 mins)

Xp is same as defiance, max a item at level 30 then no more of its xp gained goes towards your overall character xp. Just a few weapons that are xp linked, one of early weapons is pretty good maxed out so I still use it.

Edited by fletch7100 at 09:17:15 22-01-2014
  • Vortex808 22 Jan 2014 09:38:47 11,502 posts
    Seen 48 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I should maybe re-visit it for a bit then, I think I just have a bit of gaming ennui to some extent at the moment. Nothing is really grabbing me all that much these days.

KZ was pretty, but shit. BF4 is fun, but I don't feel I can try campaign as a change for MP having lost my minimal progress within the first week or so. Resogun is great and I need to finish off Contrast, which was clunky, but quite nice.

I hoped new machines would sort this gaming inertia, but TBH I have probably played the Vita more than PS4 for the last few weeks. I have to say that Guacamelee, LBP and Tearaway have all been a joy to play. A handheld seems to be showing the bigger machines how to do it!
  • fletch7100 22 Jan 2014 09:52:38 8,367 posts
    Seen 8 months ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @Vortex808

In the same sort of situation. Not saying Warframe is prefect far from it. Have to change my style as I'm getting a bit jaded with using the same frame/style. Just need to do a few of the higher level dungeons with others then see what the new update(no idea when it's out) brings. At least the game will keep updating and changing. Have to use the other classes just to freshen things up

Then there is the Pokemon/Bioshock camera item to grind out. Just run around taking pictures.

This will probably take a back seat when PS2 and everything else that will come out in Q1 this year
  • fletch7100 23 Jan 2014 19:45:30 8,367 posts
    Seen 8 months ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    New update details

Edited by fletch7100 at 19:46:02 23-01-2014
  • Angry_Man_Dan 1 Feb 2014 03:58:01 632 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Well, downloaded this last night (this morning?) to have a quick look and spent a couple of hours on it. Seems ok so far, looks nice, fast paced gameplay etc. I'm up for a putting some more time in if there's any like minded EGer's up for it?

I know with this being F2P it will be a bit grindy, but can you get any decent upgrades without putting real world monies down?
  • fletch7100 1 Feb 2014 18:20:35 8,367 posts
    Seen 8 months ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @Angry_Man_Dan

Add me using the in game chat menu Id is lostinessex

The game gives you some free starters money(platinum) best use of that is to buy a sentinel. I brought the dethcube just because it reminded me of a flying Xbox. Helps out by killing enemies and like everything else is upgradable with mods. Only thing that you may want to use real money on is to buy extra inventory slots for war frames /weapons.

All the crafting requirements you need can be found in the game in the right locations. The blueprints in the major items can be found in the higher tiered dungeon missions.

Make sure you complete all the missions on each planet. Once you complete a planet then you can replay some of the missions on nightmare mode. This makes the mission harder plus gives you dual power mods.

There are daily invasions going on in various planet systems, these are usually missions that you have to complete 3 or 5 times to get extra bonuses. These are either credits from 20k-50k, blue prints or crafting materials. You can only do these missions in planets/missions you have already cleared

PS4 version is a few updates behind the PC version, new updates planned are; complete overhaul of the melee system, brand new UI, new warframes.

You will find keys as rewards on certain missions usually defence or survival mission. These are for higher tier dungeon missions with better rewards. Mission are graded 1-3 in difficulty.

There is a Eurogamer clan, can invite you to that. There is a trading post where I can give you some of my spare mods

You can make money in the game by selling mods for Platinum via the trade group chat menu.

https://www.warframe.com/game/ps4quickstart

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Mods_2.0
  • Angry_Man_Dan 3 Feb 2014 09:29:58 632 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @fletch7100 Ok, I've added you via the in-game menu - going to put a bit more time into this later and try to get my head round it a bit more!
  • fletch7100 3 Feb 2014 09:59:35 8,367 posts
    Seen 8 months ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @Angry_Man_Dan

Accepted the friend request. Will have to set up some trades later, got some mods that should help out.

The survival or defence missions on mercury is a good place to quickly gain some exp for weapons/frame, then you can try the higher level versions. Survival endless defence mission, constantly running out of oxygen and need to activate life support stations. You get a reward every 5 mins, can finish the mission after 5 mins or carry on. Longest match so far was 30mins against infested. Game was just total chaos with everyone firing off their frames special powers. Defence is just wave defence, every 5 waves you are offered a reward. You can either take that reward and end the match or decline it and carry on.

Each enemy faction has its own weakness, each weapon/ warframe has 3 loadouts. So you can alter your weapon for each faction.

Got about 4 warframes now each one offering different style of play
  • Ferrous 3 Feb 2014 18:55:26 141 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I just started playing this yesterday, not sure how long I'll stick with it but liking the idea of getting parts and building new stuff. Just starting to work on Venus. I'm a bit nooby yet but feel free to add me, id is Kuronos23.

Edit: Just started crafting the Cronos and bought some slots with the free platinum. Starting to get more into it now. :)

Edited by Kuronos23 at 21:03:17 03-02-2014
  • fletch7100 4 Feb 2014 08:47:57 8,367 posts
    Seen 8 months ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @Kuronos23

Will add you to the friends list when I'm playing Warframe again. Try to jump into the Infested invasion missions that are going on in Earth. Stupid amounts of xp and money flying around on the data terminal defence missions

I only brought extra warframe slots, the weapons I only level up and sell them except for couple of weapons I love Cestra secondary machine gun pistol, crazy gun when added with mods like multishot(chance to fire 2 shots for every shot fired)ammo mutation(changes other weapon ammo pick ups into pistol ammo).

Remember that all exp earned from warframe/weapons go towards your overall xp level. Once an item hits 30 no exp from that item goes towards your overall level. So build weapons just to level up then sell

Edited by fletch7100 at 08:57:24 04-02-2014
  • fletch7100 4 Feb 2014 08:49:08 8,367 posts
    Seen 8 months ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Dev talks about the makers ideas for End Game style content

Edited by fletch7100 at 08:49:42 04-02-2014
  • Page

of 3 First / Last

Previous

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.