Simpsons Tapped Out

• Page

of 2 First / Last

Previous
  • GiarcYekrub 15 Apr 2013 11:24:31 3,857 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I admit it I'm addicted to the Simpsons Tapped Out. I think its great been playing it for awhile and my Springfield is getting quite large and the Characters I have are increasing to the point I'm starting to have to stagger their finish times.

Loving the Wacking Day event too. Anyway, I want more donuts and snakes so if anyone wants to add me as a friend my Origin ID: Giarc1982
  • djronz. 15 Apr 2013 11:25:55 295 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    How do you get an origin account?  Would nt let me create one.
  • Deleted user 15 April 2013 11:32:53
    When you're on your death bed you'll think of the time you spent playing this game instead of masturbating over the thought of wearing Diana Vickers skin while wearing your Spock ears.
  • caligari 15 Apr 2013 11:34:16 17,194 posts
    Seen 50 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Isn't it one of those horrible little 'pay for instant upgrades' games?
  • GiarcYekrub 15 Apr 2013 11:35:27 3,857 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I created mine ages ago, actually I accidentally created two, one for PC when I bought Command and Conquer 3 and one for 360 when I bought FIFA 2010.
  • BillMurray 15 Apr 2013 11:52:03 7,905 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @caligari It certainly is, though there was a glitch a few weeks back which enabled everyone to hoard every single bit of premium content.
  • GiarcYekrub 15 Apr 2013 11:56:41 3,857 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @caligari Basically you start off with Homer, Lisa and Apu and you tell them to do stuff for a set amount of time and it earns XP and money.

XP levels you up and unlocks Quest related buildings and character(who appear when you build certain buildings)
    Money is used to build stuff like buildings
    Buildings also give XP and Money every so long.
    Most Buildings take 24Hours real time to build.

The shorter the time for a task the more efficient they are in rewards for example Lisa can read a book for 45Seconds for 1 XP and about 3$ or go to the Kwik-E-Mart for 60Min for 20XP and ~60$, but you'll be tapping like mad if you chose the shorter option

All the above is free. And I haven't paid anything yet and I've been doing it for about a month now.

There is a premium currency of Donuts which you get for a few for leveling up but not that many

With Donuts you can:
    Buy premium buildings like Barney's Bowl-a-rama which unlocks Barney
    Speed up things that will take time
    Buy cash to purchase things faster

Currently there is a wacking day event that lets you wack snakes earning bonus's, there are premium items that spawn more snakes, also you get eggs to leave in your friends Springfields
  • Widge Moderator 15 Apr 2013 11:59:39 13,743 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    caligari wrote:
    Isn't it one of those horrible little 'pay for instant upgrades' games?
    This one is particularly evil though. The currency for premium items is donuts and there is precious little way to earn them outside of paying for them. The cost for donuts, and to buy premium items (some of which get tied to missions, some of which give you main characters), is astronomical… way beyond a full price retail game.

The game itself is a waiting game, where the only gameplay discernible is how to earn a lot of money in as little time as possible. Decorations give cash multipliers, so buy them. You set off your people earning money, basically schedule this around your time available. If you check your phone hourly, then put everything on hour timers, and then put it on 12 hours or so overnight. You get a bit more money per hour by checking frequently.

Every now and again some bod will turn up with a mission. This will be a waiting based task to either have them do something or for you to build something.

Eventually you realise that the entire place you are building has no consequence on the actual game. It isn’t really a management sim in that respect where what you build, where you build it has significant impacts on the gameplay or events. All you have is the wait. Always the wait. Nothing else. Jurrasic Park is actually a little bit more entertaining, and you are able to get the premium currency for “free”.

_ _ _

www.inverted-audio.com

• Tonka 15 Apr 2013 12:17:09 21,350 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    This is easily the worst "game" I've ever had the misfortune to try.
    Luckily the lobotomy called "Tiny Tower" had taught me what to look for so I only wasted half a day (about 15minutes game play) o this shit.

Gods spit what a horrible cynical piece of insult this is.

If you can read this you really need to fiddle with your forum settings.

• Deleted user 15 April 2013 12:21:12
    Enjoying this yet not being willing to watch new Star Trek says a lot about a person.
  • GiarcYekrub 15 Apr 2013 12:22:50 3,857 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @Aargh. Its not new Star Trek its a film that has stolen the Star Trek name
  • RobTheBuilder 15 Apr 2013 12:25:05 6,521 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    So basically a slightly more evil version of every free to play game I have ever seen?

Totally EA.
    People trust that money will equal fun, and then it never does. This bubble will burst.
  • Deleted user 15 April 2013 12:26:47
    The bubble of shit ones will. Other F2P titles that are not shit will not.
  • GiarcYekrub 15 Apr 2013 12:30:13 3,857 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I've played this for over a month and not paid a penny, thinking of paying a little though because I have enjoyed it, I'm quite proud of my little Springfield I've built
  • RobTheBuilder 15 Apr 2013 12:31:12 6,521 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @Aargh. Lets hope. When publishers stop choosing to make F2P games about soul sucking grinding and instead make the game so much fun that you want to invest more we'll have progress.
  • GiarcYekrub 15 Apr 2013 12:53:26 3,857 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    The Simpsons Success

I think some people on here are just cynical.
  • RobTheBuilder 15 Apr 2013 12:55:27 6,521 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Calling a money grabbing game designed to grind people out of money is hardly being cynical.
  • Deleted user 15 April 2013 12:56:04
    Because it's a game designed to appeal to aspie retards with money.

No one said it wasn't successful at what it was trying to do, just that it's shit.

Edited by Aargh. at 12:56:19 15-04-2013
  • RobTheBuilder 15 Apr 2013 12:57:07 6,521 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @Aargh. Amen
  • djronz. 15 Apr 2013 12:58:53 295 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I'm playing this,  but I absolutely refuse to buy any content with real money,  I did the same with ea's theme park too,  in fact it's my goal with these games to get as much as I can for free and say a big 'fuck you'  to ea!
  • riz23 15 Apr 2013 13:00:08 1,462 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Simpsons Tapped out is a vaguely amusing diversion that you can play for a few minutes a day without ever needing to spend any money whatsoever. Not really evil at all in my view.

GT: oldskooldeano

• Flying_Pig 15 Apr 2013 13:02:11 11,492 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I played this daily for nearly 6 months, building my Springfield to lvl 25 and getting most of the buildings (other than the one's you have to pay for).

The I realised what a horribly addictive time waster it is/was and deleted it from my iPhone. My life is better without it.
  • RobTheBuilder 15 Apr 2013 13:07:13 6,521 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Games custom designed to give you manipulative growth and slow progress to keep you playing without ever really providing any real fun.
  • Tonka 15 Apr 2013 13:10:32 21,350 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Call me old fashioned but I really do believe that a game should ask something more of you than time or money. This is also why I think FFXII is a stinking pile of shit.

If you can read this you really need to fiddle with your forum settings.

• riz23 15 Apr 2013 13:17:05 1,462 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    RobTheBuilder wrote:
    Games custom designed to give you manipulative growth and slow progress to keep you playing without ever really providing any real fun.
    I do agree with you. That doesn't make it evil though, just a bit dull.

• RobTheBuilder 15 Apr 2013 13:21:29 6,521 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @riz23 combined with extortionate payment items designed solely to bypass artificial slow progress, that's kind of evil
  • riz23 15 Apr 2013 13:39:24 1,462 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    When I play the game I just don't see that. I don't see the need, I don't see the prompting from the game. Yes you can spend money on Donuts if you feel you have to, but you don't have to and it is not put in front of your face. There really are more insidious f2p games than this one. The voice acting and writing is funny, but like many appointment gaming designs it is a bit boring long term. Play it for free for a while then abandon it and move on. It's just a time waster that's all. Nothing to get upset about if you ask me.

• GiarcYekrub 15 Apr 2013 13:39:53 3,857 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Anyway, if you play it Add me: Giarc1982
  • Neodog 15 Apr 2013 20:24:09 298 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I also enjoy playing Tapped Out.. so you can add me too: Technoslash

http://www.twolittlegamers.co.uk

• Fixxxer 15 Apr 2013 20:43:31 1,305 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    djronz. wrote:
    I'm playing this,  but I absolutely refuse to buy any content with real money,  I did the same with ea's theme park too,  in fact it's my goal with these games to get as much as I can for free and say a big 'fuck you'  to ea!
    Same. I've farmed the shit out of it too.
  • Page

of 2 First / Last

Previous