Scariest film you have ever seen

• Page

of 7 First / Last

Previous
  • Deleted user 2 April 2013 23:09:12
    For me its the...

The Descent
    I knew NOTHING about this film was lucky enough to get a preview screening one gloomy rainy day. Though it was low budget film about a group of unknown british chicks getting lost in cave. I was half correct of course. The first 20 min were ho-hum melodramatic set up and then obviously it gets turned up to 11 with the unseen twist. It then went into a horrible violent intense nightmarish white knuckle ride. Plus with the cast of unknowns you didn't know who was next.

Sure I can rewatch it now and laugh but at the time in that cinema I never recalled so many people being scared shitless it was intense.

A close second
    Amytyville 2: The Posession.
    This film fucked me up so much as young 10yr old.
    As result of this film I can now never:

Look out of a window at night
    Listen to earphones in the dark
    Sleep with my legs out of bed
    Walk downstairs in the dark
    Look in a mirror whilst brushing my teeth
    Go in the garden when its dark
    Go in a cellar...........ever
  • OptimusPube 2 Apr 2013 23:18:44 2,907 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Wasn't a film but it was Ghost Watch on the telly back in 1992 with Sarah Greene, Mike Smith, Parky and Craig Charles, fucking shit myself watching that, especially that creepy fucker that was behind the door.

/shudders

You better watch out.
    You better beware.
    Albert said E=MC˛

• ZuluHero 2 Apr 2013 23:27:28 4,020 posts
    Seen 30 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I like The Descent too! Word of warning though, the 2nd one is pants!
  • Kay 2 Apr 2013 23:34:57 17,761 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Ringu, and that scene in particular.
  • FWB 2 Apr 2013 23:42:05 43,809 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Descent the film is poor. So very poor. Descent the game was ace.

Edited by FWB at 23:42:30 02-04-2013
  • Syrette 2 Apr 2013 23:51:29 43,063 posts
    Seen 22 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    The new Scary Movie. Based on the trailer alone. I wouldn't be able to sleep for days after watching such a (presumably) awful film.

• Deleted user 2 April 2013 23:56:06
    Syrette wrote:
    The new Scary Movie. Based on the trailer alone. I wouldn't be able to sleep for days after watching such a (presumably) awful film.
    Ha ha ha it does like grade A shiite
  • Bananazniper 2 Apr 2013 23:59:01 584 posts
    Seen 55 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    The first Amityville horror got me going. Especially the "GET OUT!" part. The Thing was also a shocker, but more for the tension of not knowing who was who than any monster scenes. The Omen was boss too with its mixture of biblical history.

Edited by Bananazniper at 23:59:32 02-04-2013
  • crimpy 3 Apr 2013 01:01:34 60 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    La cabina 1972, couldn't go into a phonebox without putting my foot between the door to stop it from closing till i was about 15 LOL.

Do you know what "nemesis" means?

• crimpy 3 Apr 2013 01:03:23 60 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Oh and threads shit me up as a kid!! Worse than any horror film!! :(

Do you know what "nemesis" means?

• caligari 3 Apr 2013 02:06:37 16,990 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    'Don't Look Now', 'Ringu' and 'The Wicker Man' all spring to mind.

The original version of 'The Haunting' is very creepy - as is 'The Innocents' and 'Whistle and I'll Come To You'.

As a kid, the old TV versions of 'Don't Be Afraid of the Dark' and 'It' gave me many uncomfortable nights - thinking about them whilst typing this still makes a little bit of poo come out.
  • caligari 3 Apr 2013 02:09:41 16,990 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    OptimusPube wrote:
    Wasn't a film but it was Ghost Watch on the telly back in 1992 with Sarah Greene, Mike Smith, Parky and Craig Charles, fucking shit myself watching that, especially that creepy fucker that was behind the door.

/shudders
    Hah, so very true.

Didn't somebody commit suicide after watching that, or was that just an urban myth?

Either way, I was very relieved to find out that it was all 'make believe'.
  • Nanocrystal 3 Apr 2013 03:05:28 991 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Dark Water (Japanese original). The elevator scene actually made me whimper like a little girl, completely involuntarily.

EDIT: Added spoiler tags just in case.

Edited by Nanocrystal at 03:06:09 03-04-2013
  • speedofthepuma 3 Apr 2013 03:30:27 13,266 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Probably Event Horizon. Something about the imagery of the hell dimension really got to me.

I honestly don't like scary films mind you.

I've turned off all the avatars and crap, so don't expect me to be impressed by yours.

• Gambit1977 3 Apr 2013 05:42:31 9,583 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    speedofthepuma wrote:
    Probably Event Horizon. Something about the imagery of the hell dimension really got to me.

Yeah, think Event Horizon for me too. At the cinema it was scary as!
    Closely followed by The Descent. Then probably the David Soul Salem's Lot, which as a child really ruined me :lol:
  • B0rked_Gamer 3 Apr 2013 06:40:29 2,482 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Prince of Darkness gives me the willies.

edit

By the way I'm reliably informed that the original Woman in Black is really rather scary. Sadly it doesn't seem to be available for purchase in Europe for some reason.

Edited by B0rked_Gamer at 06:48:39 03-04-2013
  • jellyBelly 3 Apr 2013 07:23:19 368 posts
    Seen 48 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Original Texas Chainsaw Massacre.

PSN:lumulata, NN Dollodon

• Tonka 3 Apr 2013 07:28:03 20,012 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    The Blair Witch Project scared the shit out of me.

Saw it alone in an old navy prison (converted into a school mind you).
    Had to walk out of it and turn off all the lights on a stormy autumn night.

If you can read this you really need to fiddle with your forum settings.

• sega 3 Apr 2013 07:35:39 762 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I honestly can't think of anything other than a few PG movies when I was a child, which I'm sure won't count. I think the credit would have to go to the first time I saw Alien. Not so much the alien itself, but more that derelict ship.
  • ILoveThrashMetal 3 Apr 2013 07:52:44 659 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    The original Japanese The Ring had me saying wtf several times.
    One film I urge you to see is a french film called Martyrs, caught it on the horror channel once, very very good film.

Arsechickens

• sega 3 Apr 2013 08:01:05 762 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I didn't find The Ring (Japanese or US) scary at all. There's something about supernatural horrors that I fail to take seriously. I'm able to escape into fantasy when watching a film but I'm always questioning the ghost's motives or the reactions of the protagonist. There's also so many cliches in these films that it's hard to take them seriously.
  • Benno 3 Apr 2013 08:03:17 9,784 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    speedofthepuma wrote:

Yeah same! Although i was quite young when I saw it

EG Hearthstone Tournament

• hucklefoot 3 Apr 2013 08:06:03 8 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Always remember that the first 20 minutes of Jeepers Creepers was as tense and creepy as hell. After those 20 minutes it turned into a totally different movie mind you.
  • EMarkM 3 Apr 2013 08:10:33 3,173 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @hucklefoot I completely agree. First few minutes were captivating and interesting. Then it just went to shit. Shame.
  • ILoveThrashMetal 3 Apr 2013 08:12:17 659 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    sega wrote:
    I didn't find The Ring (Japanese or US) scary at all. There's something about supernatural horrors that I fail to take seriously. I'm able to escape into fantasy when watching a film but I'm always questioning the ghost's motives or the reactions of the protagonist. There's also so many cliches in these films that it's hard to take them seriously.
    I see what your saying, it was more along the 'fuck me I didn't see that coming' scenario.
    Another film that gave me brown pants was American werewolf in London, watched it when I was to young, gave me nightmares for about a year.

Arsechickens

• hucklefoot 3 Apr 2013 08:22:13 8 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    @Tonka really disappointed with Blair Witch first time I saw it what with all they hype but I must have seen it about 20 bloody times subsequently and love it more with every viewing. Shame it had to spawn a genre that has churned out so much tosh though.
  • dominalien 3 Apr 2013 08:23:20 6,835 posts
    Seen 38 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    The opening of Aliens. I went alone to see it at the cinema as a teenager, not having seen the 1st one (it was rated 18 and the 2nd one was rated 15) and not knowing anything about it, except that it had some scary aliens in it. It was pure awesome after that, mind.

Then the scene towards the end of the US Ring, when the girl comes out of the TV to kill the guy. I was truly convinced I would die of fright at any second.

PSN: DonOsito

• Deleted user 3 April 2013 08:25:19
    Jurassic park.
    Event horizon.
    Relic.

All three I was truly terrified.
  • Page

of 7 First / Last

Previous