Healthy savoury snacks? Page 3

• Page

of 7 First / Last

• Nasty 20 Jan 2005 14:25:10 4,746 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    ssuellid wrote:
    The tiny crisp a like ones are lovely.

More salty sex dust per gram of rice cake. I do think some days i'd just be better off with a Salt-lick.
  • pjmaybe 20 Jan 2005 14:36:51 70,676 posts
    Seen 5 years ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    deathgibbon wrote:
    You. Are. Fucking. Joking.

If you mean me, I kid you not...

Peej
  • Angel_Treats 20 Jan 2005 14:46:13 11,072 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Hehe, I went to a weightwatchers meeting once and got all the little books they give you. It's actually pretty sensible, the diet you're meant to follow. Two people I used to work with lost a ton of weight (not literally) following it. I wouldn't be bothered with going to the meetings all the time but the diet's pretty good.
  • Deleted user 20 January 2005 14:56:30
    pjmaybe wrote:
    deathgibbon wrote:
    You. Are. Fucking. Joking.

If you mean me, I kid you not...

Peej

Yeah, I meant you. OMG, that's fucking horrible. I'm never eating them again. I hope you're happy with yourself! ;)
  • mentat 20 Jan 2005 15:00:55 5,613 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Angel_Treats wrote:
    Hehe, I went to a weightwatchers meeting once and got all the little books they give you. It's actually pretty sensible, the diet you're meant to follow. Two people I used to work with lost a ton of weight (not literally) following it. I wouldn't be bothered with going to the meetings all the time but the diet's pretty good.

Yup - i'm doing WW... I tried it last year, did well - lost a stone and a half, then got pissed off with lifey things and gave up.

And yeah, you can get pink and whites - tesco sells them.

half a point each :)
  • otto Moderator 28 May 2007 11:16:19 49,315 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Forget things like tortilla chips, they're loaded with saturated fat and salt.

I recently discovered pita bread 'crisps' - basically pita bread dried and then broken up into crisp-sized, um, crisps. You can get them here flavoured with garlic, onion, cheese, chives, etc etc. They're bloody delicious! And virtually zero fat. They're absolutely great with dips - for healthy ones go with hummus or tahini - OK they have olive oil but a little bit's OK. You could also make your own dips with yoghurt, chives etc. Don't use low-fat yoghurt though, go with the proper Greek/Turkish full-fat stuff. It's still much healthier than sour cream.

say no to Eurogamer sigs

• otto Moderator 28 May 2007 11:16:19 49,315 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    mentat wrote:
    Wow! They sound great! Do they do them over in Blighty though?
    Not sure, but they're reasonably simple to make yourself. Actually, just google 'pita crisps' or 'pita chips' and there are a million recipes.

Edited by otto at 20:30:27 19-01-2005

say no to Eurogamer sigs

• Razz 10 Dec 2007 14:48:45 61,203 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    *bump*

I'm trying to be a bit healthy today and not go for the late afternoon chocolate bar or the 'second' lunch. Apart from the obvious answer of fruit, does anyone know what I can do to kill my late afternoon snack cravings?

--------------------------------------------------------------------
    Steam/PSN/XBOX: Razztafarai | 3DS: 1246-9674-8856

• catterz 10 Dec 2007 14:56:37 8,763 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Roll three extra fags today.

Still stalking this place, old-school style (UID: 1053)

• Jeepers 10 Dec 2007 14:56:45 13,181 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Razz wrote:
    *bump*

I'm trying to be a bit healthy today and not go for the late afternoon chocolate bar or the 'second' lunch. Apart from the obvious answer of fruit, does anyone know what I can do to kill my late afternoon snack cravings?

Fruit is too obvious, but how about dried fruit? A handful of dried banana with some dried citrus fruit and mebbe some raisons is good for you and tastes luvverly.

If not that, then smoke more ciggies. Best hunger-pang killer there is.
  • LeoliansBro 10 Dec 2007 14:58:58 44,244 posts
    Seen 43 seconds ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Celery and Houmous. Tis groovy baby.

LB, you really are a massive geek.

• Razz 10 Dec 2007 14:59:58 61,203 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    :)

I'm not into dried fruit. I often find it's a bit too sweet. The canteen has a fwe bran muffins... any good?

Celery and hummus. :))

Nice. Except I would substitute Celery for Cumbers.

• jonsaan 10 Dec 2007 15:01:25 25,352 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Man jazz.

FCUTA!

• Salaman 10 Dec 2007 15:01:44 19,066 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    mentat wrote:
    Derblington wrote:
    Mentat - It all depends on what you are trying to do. If you are trying to eat healthy for life, as opposed to a diet, you'll get upset every time you eat some form of shit, which you inevitably will. The way that works best for me, and a lot of other people is to eat well and exersive for 6 days a week and then have a day off. Eat what you want within moderation, obviously eating chocolate solidly for the 16 hours you're awake wouldn't be good.

Still it helps you to eat well the rest of the time and you can still eat the things you love :)
    Bit of both at the moment - I'm dieting right now to try and encourage weight loss, but i'm intending to keep up the healthy eating for life...
    I'm trying to be very careful for a few weeks to get some sort of result! :)

otto wrote:
    I recently discovered pita bread 'crisps' - basically pita bread dried and then broken up into crisp-sized, um, crisps. You can get them here flavoured with garlic, onion, cheese, chives, etc etc. They're bloody delicious! And virtually zero fat. They're absolutely great with dips - for healthy ones go with hummus or tahini - OK they have olive oil but a little bit's OK. You could also make your own dips with yoghurt, chives etc. Don't use low-fat yoghurt though, go with the proper Greek/Turkish full-fat stuff. It's still much healthier than sour cream.
    Wow! They sound great! Do they do them over in Blighty though?

I'm pretty sure I saw something very similar in ASDA just last week. Pricey ones made by BERTOLI (of tomato sauce fame) and generic ones as well. They're little round saucer shaped peices of bread. Not pitta bread but close enough.
    ;-)
  • LeoliansBro 10 Dec 2007 15:04:30 44,244 posts
    Seen 43 seconds ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Razz wrote:
    :)

I'm not into dried fruit. I often find it's a bit too sweet. The canteen has a fwe bran muffins... any good?

Celery and hummus. :))

Nice. Except I would substitute Celery for Cumbers.

I'd miss the celery crunch, but whatever rocks your world :)

For added goodness, nick a pot of the chilli flakes from Pizza Hut or similar and mix a fair amount into the Hummus (Homous, Humus, Houuououuououououououououmus?). But then I'd add chilli to virtually anything, with the exception of the inside of a condom O_O

• Razz 10 Dec 2007 15:21:34 61,203 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    O_O

Cheers!

/empties cocdom

• DaM 10 Dec 2007 15:29:16 13,209 posts
    Seen 50 seconds ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I've just finished a Ryvita Multigrain...or Cardboard+ as it should be known...

Tried dried mango strips? Not too sweet, and gives you something to chew on. 2 bags for 3 in Tesco at the moment.
  • Tonka 10 Dec 2007 15:34:04 20,429 posts
    Seen 46 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Swedish hardbread

If you can read this you really need to fiddle with your forum settings.

• pjmaybe 10 Dec 2007 15:40:11 70,676 posts
    Seen 5 years ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Good old fashioned cream crackers are good snacky type things. 35 cals a slice. Fill you up because they turn to stodge in your stomach.

Peej
  • hypernova 10 Dec 2007 19:19:28 1,967 posts
    Seen 9 months ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Tesco do some lovely snacks in their Healthy Living range these days, especially different cake bars.
  • mwtb 10 Dec 2007 20:26:15 2,381 posts
    Seen 6 months ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Twiglets.
  • macksed 6 Sep 2009 10:47:36 3,798 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I was about to make a thread with this exact title! (good job i searched for it first then =D )
    anyone got any other suggestions? cheap ones preferably ... :-)
  • macksed 6 Sep 2009 10:53:18 3,798 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    /just actually read the thread, all I've really gathered from it is snack-a-jacks, lol.
  • macksed 6 Sep 2009 12:21:40 3,798 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    ooh, i shall give them a go, they sound like they might be pricey though?
  • mrpon 7 Sep 2009 14:05:44 28,919 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Anyone tried beef jerky? Not really sure if it is classed as healthly, quite a bit of protein though.

Give yourself 5 or gig, you're worth it.

• bigshot316 7 Sep 2009 14:10:37 23,806 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Snack-a-jacks are fucking revolting.

I much prefer savoury snacks to sweet, but nuts just don't cut the mustard to me.
  • LeoliansBro 7 Sep 2009 14:11:38 44,244 posts
    Seen 43 seconds ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Celery and low fat homous.

• Page

of 7 First / Last