Error 99 on Canon DSLR Anyone recommend a good repair centre?

• Page

of 1

Previous Next
  • PrivateFloyd 5 Mar 2013 18:49:50 4,111 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    As the thread title asks;

My Canon 40D is now continually throwing up an Error 99 message rendering it unusable.

Tried all the tips online to clear the error (exhaustively) and am now faced with sending it to a repair centre for diagnosis and repair.

Any recommendations?

Goat is hungry.....

• mal 5 Mar 2013 18:55:26 22,419 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I'd say one registered dealer/repair shop is much like any other. Guess it's not relevant, but I had a persistant E99 on my Nikon and it ended up being the lens not mounted properly and the contacts not quite making contact.

Cubby didn't know how to turn off sigs!

• PrivateFloyd 5 Mar 2013 19:04:33 4,111 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @mal

Yes I have took the plunge with a registered Canon repair centre and sent them an email.

It's not the lens contacts I'm pretty sure of that. If i remove the lens and CF card and just put the body cap on it still throws up an E99 message when i depress the shutter button.

Gutted, missed the little man's 1st birthday without a decent camera to take photo's. Had to use the wife's point and shoot.

Goat is hungry.....

• Tomo 5 Mar 2013 23:03:52 13,886 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    My 40D packed in with this error. Luckily I was within warranty at the time. Sent it to the Canon repair centre and they fixed it pretty sharpish. No idea how much it will cost to fix though. Wouldn't be surprised if its not much less than the cost of the camera itself :s
  • Page

of 1

Previous Next