Eurogamer Expo 2013 Page 47

• Page

of 47 First / Last

Next
  • Deleted user 5 November 2013 10:23:08
    Gl3n wrote:
    Insensitivity senses tingling...
    They have made a point though. His emails do come across as though he's looking for something to simply moan about. EG said sorry numerous times and even offered to take him round the next Expo. I'm sure if he had asked, staff would of helped him all they could. What else can they do?
  • nickthegun 5 Nov 2013 10:28:16 59,525 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    He sounds like a whiny turd who cant accept the explanation that 'we try to make sure everything is above board but sometimes shit happens'.

Yeah, it must be annoying for him, but it seems like EG have done everything they can bar walk around the expo with a tape measure.

---------------------------------------------------------
    someone say something funny

• Load_2.0 5 Nov 2013 10:35:44 19,156 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Post deleted
  • MrTomFTW Moderator 5 Nov 2013 10:38:00 37,886 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    That was just a tad over the line.

Follow me on Twitter: @MrTom
    Voted by the community "Best mod" 2011, 2012 and 2013.

• Load_2.0 5 Nov 2013 10:38:37 19,156 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Accepted.

Though edit tends to work better than delete.
  • Load_2.0 5 Nov 2013 10:39:06 19,156 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Ah.

Two steps ahead!
  • robthehermit 5 Nov 2013 10:51:55 4,039 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    He's a bit of a twat really.

GT: robthehermit

Velim esset mundus iustus futuis procul et mori.

• MrTomFTW Moderator 5 Nov 2013 10:54:38 37,886 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Load isn't that bad rob. It was just a poorly thought out joke.

• robthehermit 5 Nov 2013 10:59:51 4,039 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Also, reading his emails, it seems he's not wheelchair bound at all, but needs to use one 'when attending events like this'.

There was a video youtube which is no longer available where he was claiming discrimination because he went went for a medical and they wouldn't let him use his wheelchair to get to the examination room.

The photo of the hosts on the gameburst website shows him standing with a cane.

He might have had some credibility if indeed he was completely wheelchair bound, but the fact that he can quite clearly get around without it undermines him in so many ways.

• robthehermit 5 Nov 2013 11:00:34 4,039 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    MrTomFTW wrote:
    Load isn't that bad rob. It was just a poorly thought out joke.
    That made me laugh. Well done :)

• MrTomFTW Moderator 5 Nov 2013 11:02:00 37,886 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    robthehermit wrote:
    Also, reading his emails, it seems he's not wheelchair bound at all, but needs to use one 'when attending events like this'.

There was a video youtube which is no longer available where he was claiming discrimination because he went went for a medical and they wouldn't let him use his wheelchair to get to the examination room.

The photo of the hosts on the gameburst website shows him standing with a cane.

He might have had some credibility if indeed he was completely wheelchair bound, but the fact that he can quite clearly get around without it undermines him in so many ways.
    Ah you can't make judgements like that. I guess until you're in a situation like his you can't really know what it's like. What is and isn't difficult.

• robthehermit 5 Nov 2013 11:03:08 4,039 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Fair comment.

• Load_2.0 5 Nov 2013 11:36:11 19,156 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I am making judgements. A LOT of judgements.

In my Mind, where I can't get in trouble.
  • kinky_mong 5 Nov 2013 11:46:09 10,151 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I heard there were also some very pissed off daleks at the Expo too.

All the eurogamers who actually play with each other on xbl rather than just post pseudointellectual pc handwringing bollocks on the forums, love the shit out of biggy.

• BeardedGamerUK 5 Nov 2013 12:27:21 1,365 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Apparently Daleks can levitate now.
  • neilka 5 Nov 2013 12:27:56 15,861 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    If being in a wheelchair meant that he got to bypass the Tunnel Of Sweat queuing area then it was probably a worthwhile tradeoff.

A map is like comparing velocity and speed.

• MrTomFTW Moderator 5 Nov 2013 12:36:41 37,886 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago

A real "oh shit" moment when I was a kid.

• cubbymoore 5 Nov 2013 15:11:35 36,488 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Here's the email where Rauper loses his rag and says all cripples should die, or something. For the easily offended look away now.
    Hi Chris,
    Regarding your questions:
    The Sony staff mentioned were available to help anyone who could not access the stand on Thursday morning. I believe you spoke to them on the day and they arranged VIP stand access for you when you made your complaint known.
    The floor manager is our employee. He deemed the Sony booth plan compliant to the (industry standard) guidelines as I have already said, but he was also responsible for the review and involved in the subsequent corrective actions (as per my previous email). As I said, placing a 50mm ramp was deemed to be a trip hazard but that decision later changed
    and a ramp was installed.
    The value of 100mm relates to the standard step height - and why there was no ramp originally - the fuller explanation is in my previous email.
    Re: Rachel's email that you are quoting, we did indeed work with our exhibitors on this: they did meet the written criteria, which it is now clear was not rigorous enough. But because of the 50mm ledge and following your complaint a ramp was installed after the first day. I apologise again that this slipped through the net on first inspection but it was resolved for the rest of the show.
    I have no way of verifying whether a Sony employee told you a ramp was on its way on Thursday. But the fact that a ramp was installed makes me believe that they did act to mitigate and deal with the situation.
    The toilet icon used on the map is that of a standard man/woman "toilets" icon. There were also disabled toilets located there. We will make that clearer for next year and also mark accessible routes (i.e. the lifts) to the upstairs area. That was our oversight, apologies.

In summary: I have answered your questions, your complaint on the day was responded to and the problem was rectified, and you also received an explanation from Sony. I'm sorry that you are not willing to accept my offer of attending next year to see the event. I wasn't expecting you to pay to do this but I think it is a moot point - from your repeated emails & tweets (and threats of publishing/podcasting our discussion) it doesn't seem like you are interested in any of the explanation nor acknowledging the corrective measures that were put in place. Both Sony and ourselves have repeatedly apologised, acknowledged the mistake and explained the situation and made changes.

I was also going to offer to refund you your ticket money as a gesture of goodwill but I gather you had free tickets, so I'm afraid I can't offer that!

Once again, I'm very sorry that you were unable to access part of the Sony stand on Thursday morning and for our part in that. I hope this final email provides you with the information and closure
    required.
    Best regards,
    Rupert
  • nickthegun 5 Nov 2013 15:15:50 59,525 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Addressing all of his concerns and complaints no matter how petty? The swine!

• Deckard1 5 Nov 2013 15:17:25 27,770 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    His name is Rupert?

Hush you ponce

• nickthegun 5 Nov 2013 15:18:02 59,525 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Glass houses, deckard, glass houses.

• MrTomFTW Moderator 5 Nov 2013 15:19:04 37,886 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Deckard1 wrote:
    His name is Rupert?
    Did you not know that?

• Deckard1 5 Nov 2013 15:21:11 27,770 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I did not.

Hush you ponce

• Grax 5 Nov 2013 15:21:33 2,150 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 12 months ago
    i love this bit

I was also going to offer to refund you your ticket money as a gesture of goodwill but I gather you had free tickets, so I'm afraid I can't offer that!
  • cubbymoore 5 Nov 2013 15:26:18 36,488 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I had to pay, I feel discriminated.
  • Page

of 47 First / Last

Next