Weirdos you've encountered Page 3

• Page

of 6 First / Last

• Rodney 25 Feb 2013 12:41:50 1,681 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Used to work in a hospital laundry in Cornwall and this old fella in his 60s worked there. He wore the same clothed to work every day (it was a manual job and the laundry would often get up to 30/40 degrees. He said he didnt have a washing machine at home so he brought his clothes into work about once a month.

He smelt so bad that when he left the room his stench would linger for ages. You could smell him from 20 feet away and upclose was unbearable.

He'd also call everyone a cunt under his breath. Nothing too weird I spose. Just very unlikable
  • RedSparrows 25 Feb 2013 12:45:58 20,754 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Cardiff had a good lot: mad preacher on queen's street, Radar, Bird Man, Plastic Bag Lady etc.

Bird Man was especially sad. He lived near us, and a friend's colleague did too. One night Bird Man pushed hundreds of photos through friend's colleague's door, all of a family, presumably his (as was). It was all vaguely tragic. He used to stand outside his door and witter on to the world, feed the birds, and play bizarre games across the wall with a couple of British Asian kids living next door (you could see the parents weren't sure about it!). I always felt sad for him, without knowing quite why.

Oxford - nothing so stand out. Perhaps the charming man who called me a Jew and wanted to beat me up for not singing some bollocks 'hymn' about St. George with him. He was a cunt.
  • MetalDog 25 Feb 2013 12:50:47 23,706 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    We have a wizard in Sutton, but I don't really class the career oddities as weirdos. They're just different. It's the perfectly ordinary looking folk who come out with batshit statements that really weird the day for me.

-- boobs do nothing for me, I want moustaches and chest hair.

• LockeTribal 25 Feb 2013 12:51:05 4,443 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    There's a wee middle-aged man lives in a house in a street behind our office. The story goes that he used to be in the US Army but got discharged on psychological grounds. He carries a big rucksack with him everywhere he goes which is apparently full of his bedclothes because he thinks they'll be full of bugs if he leaves them in the house. Frequently see the Gardai at his house too as he's been known to hit people randomly.

I remember one time he came up to my boss accusing one of the staff of throwing salt at him, and another time when he threw an orange at one of the office windows.
  • Mr_Sleep 25 Feb 2013 12:51:16 16,240 posts
    Seen 55 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    When I used to live in South Ealing there was an old fella in his seventies who cycled around listening to trance on his radio, nothing too weird but it was the incongruity of his age and demeanour with the music he listened to that used to tickle me. Bit of a local legend with me and my friends round that way.

You are a factory of sadness.

• M83J01P97 25 Feb 2013 12:58:05 6,385 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Not sure if this guy counts as a weirdo... but when I was at school, there was a guy we dubbed the 'Professor' with full white beard and scruffy hair. He used to stand outside our school everyday simply writing down the number plates of passing cars for most of the day, bear in mind this was before the days of paedogeddon, and if anyone approached him they were promptly shouted at and spat on, he even hit a kid once with his cane, but still kept coming back time after time...

We later learnt his wife and daughter had been killed in a hit and run accident on that very road several years ago and no one had ever been brought to justice. He was eventually stuck in our local mental hospital :/
  • cubbymoore 25 Feb 2013 13:34:23 36,441 posts
    Seen 16 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I used to work in Sainsbury's as a student and saw this guy who would waddle in regularly. I don't think he was mentally all there but he was pleasant enough, he had really thick glasses, smelt a bit funny and had obligatory crazy guy hair that stuck out in all directions.

He had this thing of having to walk down every single aisle down one side, then back down the other always on his left side. He always bought the same three or four things but he still had to waddle down every aisle. Had a horrible feeling that was his days entertainment. Poor chap.

Edited by cubbymoore at 13:35:17 25-02-2013
  • Zidargh 25 Feb 2013 13:44:30 1,664 posts
    Seen 7 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    So, so many. Crazy Sue, The Bearded Lady of Guildford, The Swinger Couple Who Insisted I Perform The Harlem Shake with an Avocado and Carving Knife...

But, and I was reminiscing about this encounter this morning, being told to 'get a job' by a tramp when I was a student living in Brighton clinches it from its irony.
  • Bremenacht 25 Feb 2013 13:49:06 15,753 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Zidargh wrote:
    being told to 'get a job' by a tramp
    Brilliant.

Once an eagle taught me courage. And I will never forget that day

• kalel 25 Feb 2013 13:53:02 83,871 posts
    Seen 35 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    The most alarming was the mad woman on the train who suddenly decided I'd stolen her sunglasses, and decided to get off the train and lie down on the tracks in front until I gave them back. That one resulted in me having quite a length discussion with the police.

Managed to keep the bitch's sunglasses though, so was worth it.
  • cubbymoore 25 Feb 2013 13:54:04 36,441 posts
    Seen 16 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    :D
  • Deleted user 25 February 2013 13:54:19
    Haha
  • RabidChild 25 Feb 2013 13:58:52 2,283 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    M83J01P97 wrote:
    Not sure if this guy counts as a weirdo... but when I was at school, there was a guy we dubbed the 'Professor' with full white beard and scruffy hair. He used to stand outside our school everyday simply writing down the number plates of passing cars for most of the day, bear in mind this was before the days of paedogeddon, and if anyone approached him they were promptly shouted at and spat on, he even hit a kid once with his cane, but still kept coming back time after time...

We later learnt his wife and daughter had been killed in a hit and run accident on that very road several years ago and no one had ever been brought to justice. He was eventually stuck in our local mental hospital :/
    That's really dark :(
  • ZuluHero 25 Feb 2013 14:37:04 3,660 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    That's quite sad really..
  • 4gate 25 Feb 2013 14:44:11 362 posts
    Seen 7 months ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    We have a posh drunk round my way, sits in the park in a tweed (or brownish anyway) three piece suit getting hammered on single malts.

I like the weirdos, it's everyone else who should do one.
  • mrpon 25 Feb 2013 14:44:41 27,645 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Weirdo at uni who was dubbed "nose boy". He always had one hand covering his nose. Everywhere. In the toilet. At the bar. In lectures.

Utterly bizarre. Never did get to the bottom of the reason why, it was rumoured it was some kind of social experiment.

Give yourself 5 or gig, you're worth it.

• jimnastics 25 Feb 2013 14:45:16 181 posts
    Seen 21 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Had some guy who played for our cricket club who was proper mental... when he first started playing he was young and odd, and just got progressively worse. He used to come out of the dressing room stark bollock naked during a match, not because he thought it was funny, just because he just wasn't with it. This was on a local park with families etc. around.

Last time I saw him a couple of years back, I was walking down a street in town with lots of people around, and he was walking towards me, he threw a penny at a shop window in front of me and went into this whole "who through that at you??? hahaha who threw that penny???" thing with everyone watching, give me a big hug and everything. Then I heard last year that he committed suicide with a painkillers overdose. It's when that happened that I stopped laughing at crazy people... when you're young it's all funny, haha look at the crazy guy he's nuts! Then they kill themselves and you realise how severely depressed they must have been, they couldn't help the way they were, and thought it best just to end it. Tragic really :/
  • kinky_mong 25 Feb 2013 14:51:37 9,607 posts
    Seen 22 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Goodfella wrote:
    I used to work at a big Comet store a few years back and this 'bloke' would come in once every few weeks, each time dressed as a different female Disney character, the works, facial make up, properly made costume and everything.

This guy was big too, about 6 foot 4, he'd just do a circuit of the store and walk out again. Minnie Mouse was the best, it was fucking hilarious.
    Hahahaha, that one has really tickled me!

I'll never get my Orc looking the same again.

• elstoof 25 Feb 2013 15:02:41 6,138 posts
    Seen 16 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    4gate wrote:

I'd choose any one of the folk mentioned in this thread over one of those pricks who pick up a drumkit, or bongos, and heads to the park / Oxford Street / Angel tube just to drum at passers by. Like its their duty somehow to drum for "the people".
  • RobotHobo 25 Feb 2013 15:03:10 100 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Dogme wrote:
    LeoliansBro wrote:
    Very old chap with a porkpie hat, a long tweed coat, a zimmerframe and no teeth. Hangs around the Turkish supermarket in Catford telling literally everyone who goes near him that they are cunts.
    Ha I used to live in Catford back in the 70's/80's and yes there were all sorts of very odd people living in the area! :D
    I lived in Catford in the 70's. I wasn't one of the odd ones though:D I was only five. I always remember my parents talking about the transvestite couple that lived over the road from us. Was quite an eye opener for a five year old.
  • rivuzu 25 Feb 2013 15:06:30 483 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    This thread is like a perfect mixture of comedy and tragedy.
    I don't know whether to be genuinely amused, or seriously concerned.
  • Dirtbox 25 Feb 2013 15:09:50 76,329 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I've got a few of these.

On a train from Tower Bridge to Deptford I had a man trying to convince me that the moon was made of glass. He had a large folder of photographs to back up his claims. He also through semen was alive, like they were tadpoles with his face on them or something.

Getting on a recent flight to America, a man was in my window seat that I'd booked (I can't sleep in any other seat) and he refused to move, the stewardess asked him to go to the seat on his ticket, which was next to it and I climbed over him to sit down. He gave me evils for the entire 8 hours, muttering under his breath. I didn't sleep.

Everyone that has lived in or near Wokingham knows Jeremy Jones.

Everyone that has lived in Reading knows Elvis.

+1 / Like / Tweet this post

• nickthegun 25 Feb 2013 15:12:51 55,848 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Wasnt Chris felt up by Purple Aki?

---------------------------------------------------------
    He totally called it

• LeoliansBro 25 Feb 2013 15:17:28 41,863 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    4gate wrote:
    We have a posh drunk round my way, sits in the park in a tweed (or brownish anyway) three piece suit getting hammered on single malts.

I'm looking forward to being this chap when I retire.

LB, you really are a massive geek.

• Bremenacht 25 Feb 2013 15:17:59 15,753 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    elstoof wrote:
    There's a pirate guy who can be seen in Crouch End quite often, used to get the same 91 bus in the morning with him. Not sure if he's a weirdo, but I always wondered if he had an office job to go to when he got off at the Strand.
    Haven't been in Crouch End for quite some time, but just about everyone who drank in the Haringey Arms or the Elbow Room was a weirdo.

Once an eagle taught me courage. And I will never forget that day

• jellyhead 25 Feb 2013 15:21:47 24,350 posts
    Seen 9 months ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    @RedSparrows I grew up in Cardiff and around by us there were a couple of renowned odd-balls.

The 'It's the BBC!' lady who used to walk up and down our road and when she walked past the BBC warehouse she'd say loudly "It's the BBC! It's the BBC!" and then carry on walking.

There was Karate Car Man on Albany Road ( i think ) who would stand in the middle of the road shouting and screaming at cars going by and every now and then he would try to hit or kick them. I think that ended as you would expect it to :(

I'm trying to think of the others i used to see regularly. Roath/Splott was a boundary for the less well-off areas which had their share of problems unfortunately.

This signature intentionally left blank.

• Tryhard 25 Feb 2013 15:26:55 3,485 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    rivuzu wrote:
    This thread is like a perfect mixture of comedy and tragedy.
    I don't know whether to be genuinely amused, or seriously concerned.
    Do both,put bright red lipstick around your eyes.Call everyone cunt and we shall add you to the list.:-P
  • Page

of 6 First / Last