Defiance: The Game Page 26

• Page

of 40 First / Last

• Anthony_UK 9 Apr 2013 21:28:06 2,507 posts
    Seen 42 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Having never played an MMO before,I'm wondering if this is an ideal game to start with and dip my toe in?

Is this a genuinely good game, or more of a novelty with being on consoles and people are trying to love it warts and all?
  • fletch7100 9 Apr 2013 21:28:25 7,331 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    On Xbox, not many people use the chat box, the chat is still glitched, group and clan chat did work for a bit. Will have to try those again. We just use party chat for now
  • Whizzo 9 Apr 2013 21:33:07 43,151 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    On PC you'll get people using local chat now and again, not a huge amount but you'll get the usual "ty/thanks" and "np" for randoms being revived/reviving.

If I'm honest it's nice to be in an MMO at launch time that's not full of people saying "this game is so much better than WoW", "no it's not", "Wow is for fags" etc etc.

:-D

Edited by Whizzo at 21:33:36 09-04-2013

This space left intentionally blank.

• evilashchris 9 Apr 2013 21:35:01 7,024 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I can now mod a weapon.

How?

NFI.

Twitter: @COToole

• Whizzo 9 Apr 2013 21:39:49 43,151 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    How to mod.

Edited by Whizzo at 21:40:00 09-04-2013

This space left intentionally blank.

• fletch7100 9 Apr 2013 21:41:46 7,331 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @Anthony_UK

Tough call, yeah it has its issues. Server side patches everyday(servers are down for about 30-60mins each day), they are trying to sort the lag issues out, think Xbox is worst affected at the moment. Dev are always giving updates everyday about the issues, what they are doing to fix them. game is running smoother than launch day, still issue with 40 player battles against giant bugs in the Arkfall matches.Massive couple of client side patches arriving around the 15th, so a much more stable game hopefully and a fixed chat system after that.

It is fun rolling around the map with friends. Just did a co op map with a couple of EGers, good fun as always. When it all clicks, it a fun game to chill out to with friends
  • evilashchris 9 Apr 2013 21:45:52 7,024 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Fanks Whizzo! x

• evilashchris 9 Apr 2013 21:56:59 7,024 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I've gone PC Master Race, sorry :C

• RedSparrows 9 Apr 2013 22:38:54 22,884 posts
    Seen 53 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Anthony_UK wrote:
    Having never played an MMO before,I'm wondering if this is an ideal game to start with and dip my toe in?

Is this a genuinely good game, or more of a novelty with being on consoles and people are trying to love it warts and all?
    It's definitely a novelty on console, but I am also enjoying it very much. It is genuinely a good game, and could be a great one. It just has a few issues now, but personally speaking, I've had 20 hours or so of good fun with very few bugs, so far.

Me, Fletch and Sandhurst had a really fun co-op dungeon earlier - was challenging but never too hard, and got a level from it and a mod too.

Loot needs tweaking in instances, and many other tweaks in general, but there we are.

Edited by RedSparrows at 23:01:58 09-04-2013
  • RedSparrows 9 Apr 2013 22:45:06 22,884 posts
    Seen 53 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Fydria wrote:
    I'm enjoying the game but a little confused. I don't see anyone using the chat box at all, and I haven't heard anyone on mic. Hope it changes soon, I like the feeling of the world but sometimes you forget it's a multiplayer game.
    As Fletch mentioned, chat in game is borked.
  • Tryhard 10 Apr 2013 00:38:35 4,020 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I think I maybe hitting Jackleg Joe boss a little too early or with the wrong weapons.As I am getting owned.I try to hit the little guys tanks but the aim assist is pulling me all over the place,and I end up killing them.

Plus Jack times his grenade launches just right with the little fire spurting buggers I am trying to send back his way.It would be okay if you did not have to kill the henchmen section all over again after you die.
  • Khanivor 10 Apr 2013 01:28:19 40,850 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    So, this any good? Anything in it that makes it stand out?
  • ZuluHero 10 Apr 2013 01:49:14 4,175 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I don't know, it's just good. That's not very helpful is it? :p
  • Khanivor 10 Apr 2013 01:53:49 40,850 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    No, not really :)
  • Khanivor 10 Apr 2013 01:56:49 40,850 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Eh, I suppose I'll give it a whirl.
  • fletch7100 10 Apr 2013 06:23:01 7,331 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @Tryhard

I went the decoy/pryo grenade route. Pryo grenades would set the Flamers tank on fire, repeat this process a few times and eventually Jack will enter the fight.
  • CptSupermarket 10 Apr 2013 07:37:18 296 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Was enjoying last night despite multiple server timeouts :( Nearly got enough keycodes for a tier 4 lockbox, however i hear the tier 3 give a higher chance of legendary items? Any experiences from here on which is better?
  • fletch7100 10 Apr 2013 07:48:56 7,331 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @CptSupermarket

Only one legendary so far. I just buy level 3 boxes, 48 keys for 2 tier 2 boxes = 6 weapons or 68 keys for one level 4 and 4 weapons. Got my legendary in a level 3, some people have got one in a level 2. Just plain luck if you get a legendary. You will get plenty of keys just doing all the random events that pop up. Also on salvage screen, break weapons down into ark salvage instead of selling, get between 250-1000 ark salvage each time. Costs 1,000 ark salvage to buy one key. You will earn plenty of money during the game, mainly just spend it on mods or if a special gun of the day is worth buying.
  • neilqpr 10 Apr 2013 09:40:39 2,855 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I opened my first tier 4 lockbox last night, three infectors and one SMG that was almost identical to one I already had. Doubt I'll bother again.
  • ZuluHero 10 Apr 2013 10:30:46 4,175 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I couldn't play last night as my partner wanted a rare early night with an offer I couldn't refuse - giggity! (/not so subtle stealth post ;)) and I'm going to the cinema tonight with friends so chances are I won't be able to play till tomorrow night! /o\

Feeling a bit of withdrawal today! :S
  • RedSparrows 10 Apr 2013 10:34:46 22,884 posts
    Seen 53 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    neilqpr wrote:
    I opened my first tier 4 lockbox last night, three infectors and one SMG that was almost identical to one I already had. Doubt I'll bother again.
    The lockboxes are the standard MMO loot pot-luck. Might as well do them once you have the keys. You might get something snazzy.

What I think they should do is place lockboxes at the end of every instance, with specific weightings in them - perhaps for synergy mods.
  • Tryhard 10 Apr 2013 11:07:32 4,020 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    ZuluHero wrote:
    I couldn't play last night as my partner wanted a rare early night with an offer I couldn't refuse - giggity!
    I remember those.:-P

I thought I'd hit a 99er road block,going well till those gold armoured chaps turn up,I think they were doing acid damage to me.The difficulty has certainly ramped up.After a few deaths by them I finally managed to take them down with a long game of cat and mouse.[Me being the mouse].
  • RedSparrows 10 Apr 2013 11:15:23 22,884 posts
    Seen 53 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    As ever, wing me an invite if I am online! Nothing better than playing in a group, rolling around like some posse of sci-fi cowboys who then all fall off their bikes and get squashed by bugs
  • Tryhard 10 Apr 2013 11:27:56 4,020 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I have only managed to get on real late when everyone else is in bed.

About 40 players did the Arkfall and went to the middle after destroying the final boss.What was funny though,there was an explosion that sent all 40 of us flying outwards from the gold light and onto our backs.And a 99er
    mini instance sprouted up underneath us,vehicles and all.Quite funny to see that.
  • Ghibli 10 Apr 2013 14:20:59 63 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Tryhard wrote:
    ZuluHero wrote:
    I couldn't play last night as my partner wanted a rare early night with an offer I couldn't refuse - giggity!
    I remember those. :p
    I've been a dad for 7 years now... The only reason I know I should remember those is that I'm a dad, so it must have happened at least once...

Anyway.

I'm finding group chat is the way forward for voice. Clan definitely doesn't work, but group has worked every time for me.

I concur with the opinion that it's a good thing that global text chat isn't working. I remember DCUO's global chat just being a terrible spammy ( occasionally aggressive ) trollfest, filled with bored teenagers complaining about how much more this thing sucks than the last thing that sucked this bad. In the process, sucking the will to live out of all who read it. I invariably switch global off in every MMO I play, because of this.

Absolutely loving playing this with friends though. It's just a great chill all round.
  • ZuluHero 10 Apr 2013 15:32:56 4,175 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Yep dad of 5 years here too! The planets do align occasionally!! :p

I use grp chat too, though i seem to have loads of issues with actual voice chat, so i have to mute it. This is on PC.
  • neems 10 Apr 2013 19:15:35 1,251 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I've bought this today (on PC), largely against my better judgement. If it's shit, I am blaming everybody in this thread.

Who is about on the PC version?
  • DFawkes 10 Apr 2013 20:08:30 23,040 posts
    Seen 47 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Check out the first post, you'll find a good few on all platforms :)

Oh for goodness sake, I've caught my scrotum in my zip again - Margaret Thatcher, 1986

• Agent_Llama 10 Apr 2013 20:37:31 3,359 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Picked this up today on 360 and about to dive in. Tag is Faloola.

3DS: Mooky - 2019-9643-8311
    NNid: Agent_Llama
    Vita/PS3/360: Faloola
    FFXIV ARR: Alekzander Lockhart, Odin

• Page

of 40 First / Last