Assassin's Creed 4 Page 2

• Page

of 45 First / Last

• nickthegun 27 Feb 2013 11:27:52 59,537 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Its set before 3 and features Haythams dad. Its a prequel.

And unless the ancient dudes have dozens of plans and dozens of people running all around the world, theres not much that can be done to advance the plot forward.

I liked that the AC games were getting progressively closer to our time as the plot advanced. This new one should have been set in modern or even future times.

In short: fuck it in the ear

---------------------------------------------------------
    someone say something funny

• DFawkes 27 Feb 2013 11:43:49 22,834 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Ah, I see. Though not a prequel, I'd never really thought about the fact the animus stuff had been in order so far, making this the first not to.

I have to admit I'd have preferred something newer. The Victorian London (or anywhere in that time period) idea sounds awesome. Maybe link in the Great Fire as a Templar plot or something.

I'd kick the living daylights out of the producers of Tipping Point - Ghandi

• nickthegun 27 Feb 2013 11:50:16 59,537 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Yeah, basically, the entire plot is 'a story 1000 years in the making' culminating in the stuff that happens at the end of AC3.

The game finished with the arc concluded and another one firmly beginning. Its not out of the realms of possibility that a 'kill the evil ancient' plot could have been running parallel to the 'save the earth' plot, but that would be the lamest thing imaginable.

It would need to be standalone and therefore inconsequential to the overall plot.

• MatMan562 27 Feb 2013 12:38:38 2,415 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I was a bit disappointed with AC3 but I did enjoy the naval battles so this interests me. Also, Pirates. I am a bit confused though, (AC3 spoilers) Haytham's dad and Connor are both Assasins but Haytham himself is a Templar? How'd that happen?

I've had an idea for an AC game for awhile now set in Victorian London where you play as Jack The Ripper with his victims being Templars. I can understand why they wouldn't do that though.

XBL/ PSN/ Steam/ NNID - MatMan562

• theguy 27 Feb 2013 13:58:57 653 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    MatMan562 wrote:
    I was a bit disappointed with AC3 but I did enjoy the naval battles so this interests me. Also, Pirates. I am a bit confused though, (AC3 spoilers) Haytham's dad and Connor are both Assasins but Haytham himself is a Templar? How'd that happen?

I've had an idea for an AC game for awhile now set in Victorian London where you play as Jack The Ripper with his victims being Templars. I can understand why they wouldn't do that though.

Regarding Haytham, that'll probably be mentioned in the game and is explained in the book, Assassin's Creed Forsaken.
  • nickthegun 27 Feb 2013 14:01:48 59,537 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    He, basically, has an epiphany and defects.

• liamthemaster 27 Feb 2013 14:08:29 1,596 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I agree with taking out all the animus rubbish, completely takes you out of the moment like when you get those stupid eyeline things in AC:III.
  • the_dudefather 27 Feb 2013 14:10:16 9,288 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    MatMan562 wrote:
    think it's implied somewhere in the game that he used to be an assassin, but defected. Which is why he has a similar set of skills and equipment

(ง ͠ ͟ʖ ͡)

• nickthegun 27 Feb 2013 14:24:25 59,537 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    liamthemaster wrote:
    I agree with taking out all the animus rubbish, completely takes you out of the moment like when you get those stupid eyeline things in AC:III.
    Get used to them. They were a prep for Watch Dogs.

• roz123 27 Feb 2013 15:07:44 7,112 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I will get my copy from the pirate bay.
  • bad09 28 Feb 2013 10:13:08 5,783 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    So didn't they have their "event" yesterday? No one is reporting on what they showed at it. Was it supposed to be a cloak and dagger event us lowly consumers were not supposed to know about that got leaked or something?
  • OldCrow 28 Feb 2013 10:21:50 148 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    bad09 wrote:
    So didn't they have their "event" yesterday? No one is reporting on what they showed at it. Was it supposed to be a cloak and dagger event us lowly consumers were not supposed to know about that got leaked or something?
    It's under embargo I think.
  • nickthegun 28 Feb 2013 10:23:06 59,537 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    So they had a promotional event that is under a reporting embargo?

• bad09 28 Feb 2013 10:27:29 5,783 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Well it looks that way now, they did have an event yesterday to announce something AC related (most probably this Black Flag one) but seeing as no one has reported on it I guess it was for the press and must be kept under wraps for some reason. Seems that someone blabbed about the event and shouldn't have.
  • OldCrow 28 Feb 2013 10:27:57 148 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    nickthegun wrote:
    So they had a promotional event that is under a reporting embargo?
    Companies will have preview events and have it under embargo for a certain time to give writers time to get their previews done, for example the embargo for the Star Trek event that happened on Tuesday lifted this morning at 9am.

However I do not know if Ubisoft are running the same policy with Assassin's Creed.

Edited by OldCrow at 10:28:31 28-02-2013
  • Triggerhappytel 28 Feb 2013 10:53:43 2,695 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    It strikes me as undermining your own product a little when you're announcing the sequel when it's only been on the market 3 months, and all the DLC isn't even out yet.
  • fletch7100 28 Feb 2013 11:46:37 7,240 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    AC4 will be announced on Monday 4th March at 5pm GMT

According to C&VG website and VG24/7

Edited by fletch7100 at 11:51:37 28-02-2013
  • fletch7100 28 Feb 2013 11:50:04 7,240 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 4 years ago

From VG24/7

Edited by fletch7100 at 11:50:44 28-02-2013
  • OldCrow 28 Feb 2013 12:35:33 148 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Confirmed

http://www.strategyinformer.com/news/22035/ubisoft-confirms-assassins-creed-4-black-flag---full-details-coming-on-monday
  • spamdangled 28 Feb 2013 12:37:18 27,276 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    the_dudefather wrote:
    MatMan562 wrote:
    think it's implied somewhere in the game that he used to be an assassin, but defected. Which is why he has a similar set of skills and equipment
    It's not implied, it's directly stated.

3DS: 4055-2781-2855 Xbox: spamdangled PSN: dark_morgan Wii U: Spamdangle Steam: spamdangled

• spamdangled 28 Feb 2013 12:38:30 27,276 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Triggerhappytel wrote:
    It strikes me as undermining your own product a little when you're announcing the sequel when it's only been on the market 3 months, and all the DLC isn't even out yet.
    It's on an annual schedule now, so they'll be starting their marketing now. Reveal next week - lots more plus possibly playable at E3 and EG Expo, release in November.

3DS: 4055-2781-2855 Xbox: spamdangled PSN: dark_morgan Wii U: Spamdangle Steam: spamdangled

• kinky_mong 28 Feb 2013 12:50:26 10,170 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    The one series that really needs a break for a few years and they're churning out yet another one! Good grief.

All the eurogamers who actually play with each other on xbl rather than just post pseudointellectual pc handwringing bollocks on the forums, love the shit out of biggy.

• neilka 28 Feb 2013 13:09:55 15,871 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Only one letter away from Xbox Live's most commonly used epithet.

A map is like comparing velocity and speed.

• oceanmotion 28 Feb 2013 13:24:57 15,848 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I haven't seen anything that makes me want to play another one since my first outing with AC2. I was thinking that all the way through the sequels, just looks pretty much the same to me. The story is worthless as well. Ubisoft were hyping AC3 and I just thought, that looks rubbish with all the same problems.
  • CharlieStCloud 28 Feb 2013 14:00:02 5,202 posts
    Seen 4 weeks ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    This article/interview still makes me laugh.

Seeing as this new one involves Pirates, I would not be surprised if it sells even more than the already absurdly popular Assassin's Creed 3.

I find these games so hollow and soulless despite being visually pleasing.
  • MatMan562 28 Feb 2013 15:30:35 2,415 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    darkmorgado wrote:
    the_dudefather wrote:
    MatMan562 wrote:
    Ah, fair enough, I probably missed that bit because I got a bit bored of the story. I wonder if the game after this will star Haytham then?

• spamdangled 28 Feb 2013 15:34:53 27,276 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    MatMan562 wrote:
    darkmorgado wrote:
    the_dudefather wrote:
    MatMan562 wrote:
    Ah, fair enough, I probably missed that bit because I got a bit bored of the story. I wonder if the game after this will star Haytham then?
    I believe Haytham's life up to before the start of AC3 has been covered already now in the books, and I doubt they will return back to that era after the iffy player feedback on AC3.

• MatMan562 28 Feb 2013 15:38:34 2,415 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I didn't even realise they'd released any books. The AC storyline really has run away from me without me realising.

• timetraveler 1 Mar 2013 13:36:35 61 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I can't wait to see some trailer or gameplay. I heard that this storyline will be in Brasil.
  • Page

of 45 First / Last