Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Listens to cd.
    Looks at Morpheus
    "I know SPANISH."
  • nickthegun 7 Feb 2013 15:11:36 58,897 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    For *years* I thought that was strickland off BTTF/captain guy off top gun/cop guy off he-man.

---------------------------------------------------------
    He totally called it

• Deleted user 7 February 2013 15:30:38
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    mowgli wrote:
    I'll start!

Anyone had much success learning a language from home? I've joined an evening class doing spanish - because the french class wasn't running - but I'm a bit concerned about how basic it is for the cost. We are basically going through a textbook with the accompanying CD and repeating phrases. I appreciate the benefit of having a teacher there for correction and people to practice on but I have the CD right here so I'm not sure that in itself justifies 150 (which I haven't paid yet).
    Is this your first language class outside of school?
    Yes! I appreciate there was going to be strict following of a text book but I guess I imagined there would be more to it considering the cost.

@FAN/Syrette - I fucking love you too!
  • Deleted user 7 February 2013 15:31:23
    Thread title is NOT COOL. :(
  • Armoured_Bear 7 Feb 2013 15:34:19 10,312 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    mowgli wrote:
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    mowgli wrote:
    I'll start!

Anyone had much success learning a language from home? I've joined an evening class doing spanish - because the french class wasn't running - but I'm a bit concerned about how basic it is for the cost. We are basically going through a textbook with the accompanying CD and repeating phrases. I appreciate the benefit of having a teacher there for correction and people to practice on but I have the CD right here so I'm not sure that in itself justifies 150 (which I haven't paid yet).
    Is this your first language class outside of school?
    Yes! I appreciate there was going to be strict following of a text book but I guess I imagined there would be more to it considering the cost.

@FAN/Syrette - I fucking love you too!
    You're at the beginning, you'll appreciate more the work of the teacher when you're further on.

XBL : ecosse011172
    PSN : ecosse_011172
    NNID : armoured_bear

• Armoured_Bear 7 Feb 2013 15:39:46 10,312 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I was at the orthodentist today, my previously straightened teeth have drifted a little bit over the years as no retainer was fitted so I'm going to get them sorted.

Anyway, I had a 3d x-ray rotating my head, further x-rays, professional photos taken of my head and my teeth and in 2 weeks will be presented with a simulation of how I will look if they move my jaw forward (one of the options). Technology sure has moved on the last 15 years....

XBL : ecosse011172
    PSN : ecosse_011172
    NNID : armoured_bear

• Vortex808 7 Feb 2013 15:39:58 6,975 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    This is rapidly becoming the random titles thread, not a random musing one.

:)
  • Deckard1 7 Feb 2013 15:44:12 27,260 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    I was at the orthodentist today, my previously straightened teeth have drifted a little bit over the years as no retainer was fitted so I'm going to get them sorted.

Anyway, I had a 3d x-ray rotating my head, further x-rays, professional photos taken of my head and my teeth and in 2 weeks will be presented with a simulation of how I will look if they move my jaw forward (one of the options). Technology sure has moved on the last 15 years....
  • L_Franko Moderator 7 Feb 2013 15:45:39 9,694 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    That anus has a face.
  • Page

of 2 First / Last

Next