Knights of Pen and Paper: iOS thread Page 2

• Page

of 2 First / Last

Next
  • guilhermehenrique 7 Mar 2013 14:25:26 9 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Hello again, everyone.

About the very last boss, it's not really a boss. It's something more in the game for those that actually finished story and all quests and needed something to do like some more objective and etc.

In-apps aren't obligatory nor needed, you can play the game fully without using it. We're gamers as well and we don't like the pay-to-win thing nor the needed for in-apps in games. They're there because of 2 things:
    1) lots of people send us email asking how they could support us and that they would pay even more for the game because of the amount of fun they had and etc.
    2) some people prefer to speed up things, they feel the need to hurry up the game and get stronger fast in the game by getting more levels or higher level weapons and etc.

I hope you understand it :3

We're currently crafting more content to the game. Stay alert! (;
  • Salaman 7 Mar 2013 14:33:16 19,493 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    No you're not, you're posting on EG again!

/notifies boss

Edited by Salaman at 14:44:45 07-03-2013
  • Alastair 7 Mar 2013 14:34:11 16,322 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    you're

/notifies grammar police
    ;)
  • Salaman 7 Mar 2013 14:44:25 19,493 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Well spotted.
  • guilhermehenrique 7 Mar 2013 17:36:38 9 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Salaman wrote:
    No you're not, you're posting on EG again!

/notifies boss
    why do you think i've got -5 threat on my character? i can sneaky post while people think im working.

ps: well, that was a joke, im one of the bosses in here lol

Edited by guilhermehenrique at 19:31:53 07-03-2013
  • disusedgenius 8 Mar 2013 14:03:18 5,534 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    guilhermehenrique wrote:
    About the very last boss, it's not really a boss. It's something more in the game for those that actually finished story and all quests and needed something to do like some more objective and etc.
    Yeah, figured as much. I think I just need to get everyone on the Four Rings, rearrange my room a bit and maybe gain a level here and there and then the fucker is going down, damnit. Last time felt so close to working out. :(
  • Tonka 8 Mar 2013 14:15:07 21,192 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I caved and bought the game (after realizing yet again how silly it is of me to make such a deal out of 12SEK)

Just got to the first village but it seems to be exactly what I was hoping for.

If you can read this you really need to fiddle with your forum settings.

• Salaman 8 Mar 2013 14:32:11 19,493 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Bought it yesterday after I was reading this thread. Started out very confusingly.
    I was sort of expecting a tutorial or instructions but I sat two people down at a chair and sorted out their class and character and stuff and then nothing happened. I clicked the question mark to no avail. Sometimes the "game master" guy got a little question mark over his head in response but nothing else happening. I eventually notice the days counter going up as I was tapping the question mark. I;d just given up and gone online to look for some sort of guide to start me off when I reached some magic number, day 20 or so and the game started.
    Weird.

Lovely so far. I have 4 characters now, all levelling up nicely. I only once went to an area without realising it was several levels above me and wiped my team out. :-)
  • guilhermehenrique 8 Mar 2013 14:53:35 9 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Salaman wrote:
    Bought it yesterday after I was reading this thread. Started out very confusingly.
    I was sort of expecting a tutorial or instructions but I sat two people down at a chair and sorted out their class and character and stuff and then nothing happened. I clicked the question mark to no avail. Sometimes the "game master" guy got a little question mark over his head in response but nothing else happening. I eventually notice the days counter going up as I was tapping the question mark. I;d just given up and gone online to look for some sort of guide to start me off when I reached some magic number, day 20 or so and the game started.
    Weird.
    weird. i've never seen this bug happen before. D:

did you realize that both characters were put by you on the game, right?
  • Salaman 8 Mar 2013 23:19:56 19,493 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Most odd. I just started a second game and it worked fine. I could also build a 5 man party right away. Could only make it three before and then 2 a bit later on but that might be because I went shopping and didn't have cash to add more.

Nevermind.
  • guilhermehenrique 8 Mar 2013 23:55:02 9 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I'm going to take a look at it, thanks for the report anyway and sorry about the bug. ):
  • Tonka 11 Mar 2013 07:26:39 21,192 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    There's a problem with the speech bubbles on my nexus 4
    http://www.imgur.com/5CkTJm9.png

• Phattso Moderator 11 Mar 2013 07:59:29 13,802 posts
    Seen 30 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    That problem is in the iOS version as well - looks like a bad calculation on line wrapping.
  • Tonka 11 Mar 2013 08:26:26 21,192 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    It does indeed. It's funny how hard it is to get the pixel dimensions of text.

• Phattso Moderator 11 Mar 2013 08:35:29 13,802 posts
    Seen 30 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    With an image based font it's a piece of piss, which is why the bug surprised me. Try it with a custom TTF with manual kerning - that's a proper headfuck. ;)

Aaaanyways. Game was fun, but burned me out a bit too soon. A mobile game shouldn't throw me into a situation where it's taking 20+ turns to defeat an enemy, but this happened all too frequently and in the end I uninstalled it.

Definitely got my money's worth from it, but sad not to see the end. Ho hum.
  • Salaman 11 Mar 2013 09:36:33 19,493 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I'm not too far in. Level 16-17 or so.
    I've recently gained 2 new classes. Yaay for me!
    The thing I'm not sure about though: can I "preview" them somehow? Can I see what they have as starting stats/skills? Looks like I have to ditch a character and add a new one to see what it's like or am I missing something?
  • guilhermehenrique 11 Mar 2013 13:03:19 9 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Tonka wrote:
    There's a problem with the speech bubbles on my nexus 4
    http://www.imgur.com/5CkTJm9.png
    we were constantly correcting these texts but it should be properly working by the next patch.

Phattso wrote:
    With an image based font it's a piece of piss, which is why the bug surprised me. Try it with a custom TTF with manual kerning - that's a proper headfuck. ;)

Aaaanyways. Game was fun, but burned me out a bit too soon. A mobile game shouldn't throw me into a situation where it's taking 20+ turns to defeat an enemy, but this happened all too frequently and in the end I uninstalled it.

Definitely got my money's worth from it, but sad not to see the end. Ho hum.
    im sorry that the game burned you out and didn't see the end. im pretty sure it would enjoy you. :D

Salaman wrote:
    I'm not too far in. Level 16-17 or so.
    I've recently gained 2 new classes. Yaay for me!
    The thing I'm not sure about though: can I "preview" them somehow? Can I see what they have as starting stats/skills? Looks like I have to ditch a character and add a new one to see what it's like or am I missing something?
    well, there's no classes preview available but you may check out on the wiki's page: http://knightsofpenandpaper.wikia.com
  • Phattso Moderator 11 Mar 2013 13:08:21 13,802 posts
    Seen 30 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Hats off to you for coming in here and responding to comments, user @guilhermehenrique

\removes hat

\replaces hat*

* there is no hat
  • guilhermehenrique 11 Mar 2013 13:27:00 9 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    no problem at all, I am a gamer too and I know what it feels like to get in touch with developers and talk about their games. feel free to post and I'll be glad to come by and talk about. :3
  • Page

of 2 First / Last

Next