The Asterix Thread

• Page

of 1

Previous Next
  • Deleted user 6 February 2013 17:57:39
    Can't believe we didn't have one already. But there we go.

35th book announced. First one not done by Uderzo at all.

Asterix in Britain remains the best one, though.
  • TarickStonefire 6 Feb 2013 18:01:22 2,613 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I used to read these at breakfast when I was a kid :) I vividly remember the hassle in trying to clear a space to open it out, prop the pages open and eat my cornflakes without making a mess everywhere.

I also had a couple of thick hardbacked volumes that had three books in each, I think.

I still remember the day I realised that their names were all a pun of sorts. I was young. ;)

Any Netflix library in the world for a couple of quid a month? Gimme!

• TarickStonefire 6 Feb 2013 18:02:08 2,613 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Oh and a sort of Role Playing Adventure Game as well, with dice that had the characters heads on that determined how you progressed.

Any Netflix library in the world for a couple of quid a month? Gimme!

• Deleted user 6 February 2013 18:03:08
  • Deleted user 6 February 2013 18:04:08
    Yeah, they had two different adventure game books. Ones with dice and magic potion cards and whatnot, and one where you played as Justforkix and were entirely pen and paper. The latter were better written; the former lacked humour.
  • Alastair 6 Feb 2013 18:09:58 14,953 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I have some up in the loft. Grems, you might just have inspired me to get them down for a read. :)

Not as nice as I used to be

• Deleted user 6 February 2013 18:12:47
    Just because I'm nice, I'll share my PDF of the awesome Complete Guide to Asterix. https://www.dropbox.com/s/kci135u8oxehln4/00-%20The%20Complete%20Guide%20To%20Asterix.pdf
  • Ged42 6 Feb 2013 19:32:36 7,641 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    By Toutatis!
  • Trafford 6 Feb 2013 19:50:00 5,270 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Love Asterix, he uppercuts TinTin out of the park.
    Mansions of the Gods or Asterix in Switzerland for me. Spain also! They were all good, up to a point:(
  • LeoliansBro 6 Feb 2013 20:48:02 41,864 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Great thread, by Belenos!

LB, you really are a massive geek.

• GiarcYekrub 6 Feb 2013 21:10:07 3,583 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 8 years ago
  • teamHAM 6 Feb 2013 21:15:20 2,406 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Used to love this as a kid. Remember going down to the local library once a fortnight to take out the big hardback Asterix and Obelix books.

XBox Live, Origin, PSN and Games for Windows Live Gamertag: teamHAM

• elstoof 6 Feb 2013 21:38:04 6,139 posts
    Seen 51 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Trafford wrote:
    They were all good, up to a point:(
    1977 was that point.
  • RCrucial 6 Feb 2013 21:43:36 30 posts
    Seen 6 months ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Hey what about asterix on the mastersystem eh? eh? Thats was amazing sort of mario clone wasn't it? Where you could get loads of lives by going on the cloud bit and there was a scrolling chariot race level. Does anyone remember? I think it was really good or it could just be nostalgia playing tricks on me again..

And while we're at it, the classic Asterix arcade game scrolling beat-em up was great too, but maybe I only played that on holiday in France..?
  • RCrucial 6 Feb 2013 21:43:37 30 posts
    Seen 6 months ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Hey what about asterix on the mastersystem eh? eh? Thats was amazing sort of mario clone wasn't it? Where you could get loads of lives by going on the cloud bit and there was a scrolling chariot race level. Does anyone remember? I think it was really good or it could just be nostalgia playing tricks on me again..

And while we're at it, the classic Asterix arcade game scrolling beat-em up was great too, but maybe I only played that on holiday in France..?
  • riz23 6 Feb 2013 22:00:35 1,046 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I'm a TinTin man myself, you can't beat a bit of colonial racism to make you feel young again. However I like everyone else voraciously lapped up all the Goscinny/Uderzo books as a kid, and I am glad that somehow this tradition can live on. I hope they don't shit all over it but I'd imagine all of France would kill them them if they did so.

Thanks for the download meme. It looks a good read.

I have a box of Asterix lead figures from about 1986, still unpainted in the box. Asterix, Obelix and the pirates including that black guy in the crows nest with the big lips.

Damn there goes that colonial racism again..
  • Page

of 1

Previous Next