• Lexx87 2 Feb 2013 02:28:41 20,869 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    and a 360 controller

Speak the truth hussy!

• Chopsen 2 Feb 2013 02:31:08 15,699 posts
    Seen 50 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    The logical conclusion to things is that online gamer tags with just be collated as people open up their lists. In the same way a smartphone would integrate someone's twitter feed with the phone number you've got for them on your phone and the email address you've got for them on gmail, friends lists will become platform independent.
  • PenguinJim 2 Feb 2013 04:13:56 5,754 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Syrette wrote:
    Jordyce wrote:
    I never really got the appeal of the 360, I'm assuming it was the price and release date more than games that tipped the scales for sales.
    Yes being first to market helped massively but you're doing the console a disservice and making yourself sound a little ignorant in the process.
    The appeal of the 360 is really enormously diminished if you compare it to a gaming PC, though. Take a look at the Top 10 360 games lists (either of all time or year-by-year since its launch) and most of them are on PC and better on PC. PC has the 360 controller and a ridiculous choice of other controllers, free online, etc.

The 360 is a decent enough console, but surely you can see why someone with a gaming PC can't quite see the appeal?

Of course, they're missing out on some brilliant games, like RDR, DP, H, LO, V, N and RoF, but they probably have a huge Steam backlog anyway... :p
  • Psychotext 2 Feb 2013 04:42:07 53,767 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Unless you're 16 years old or a huge manchild the chances are that you couldn't possibly have time to play everything good on any of the consoles or PC anyway.

Well, maybe unless you only had a Wii or a Wii U... but I guess that's another story.
  • Deleted user 2 February 2013 05:26:03
    PenguinJim wrote:
    The appeal of the 360 is really enormously diminished if you compare it to a gaming PC, though. Take a look at the Top 10 360 games lists (either of all time or year-by-year since its launch) and most of them are on PC and better on PC. PC has the 360 controller and a ridiculous choice of other controllers, free online, etc.
    I was wondering how the Steam box would/could affect Xbox this time around. 360 has quite a few titles that aren't on PS3 but are on PC, so were essentially exclusive on your TV.
  • ibenam 2 Feb 2013 09:09:05 1,344 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Jordyce wrote:
    PenguinJim wrote:
    I was wondering how the Steam box would/could affect Xbox this time around. 360 has quite a few titles that aren't on PS3 but are on PC, so were essentially exclusive on your TV.
    Cool ya, dude, totally with you, lets network.
  • RedSparrows 2 Feb 2013 09:16:43 21,958 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I have both PC and 360. The latter still very much appeals to me as i have friends, games and favourites all in place. It's just fun.
  • roz123 2 Feb 2013 09:27:05 7,112 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I skipped the 360 because it didn't offer anything that I couldn't get on the PC. Missing out on exclusives like Halo and Forza doesn't bother me because there are other shooting and racing games. The only exclusive I was gutted about missing out on was Trials Evolution but that is now coming out on PC very soon.
  • Armoured_Bear 2 Feb 2013 09:39:55 10,232 posts
    Seen 45 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Psychotext wrote:
    Remind us Ecosse.. how long did it take you to get over yourself?

Of course, you're a paragon of virtue and impartiality these days.
    It took a couple of years but I managed it.
    Damn straight, almost completely impartial.

XBL : ecosse011172
    PSN : ecosse_011172
    NNID : armoured_bear

• CharlieStCloud 2 Feb 2013 09:41:00 5,011 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Maybe this makes me a tiny little teeny-weeny bit sad ...

... but I put the 'see the future' date onto my calendar on my WP8.

I am hopeful that - FOR ONCE - nobody sees the actual console (outside of Sony) until the 20th; no leaks would be the icing on the cake!

I too skipped the PlayStation 3 and fancy something different after being a Nintendo fan since the N64 days.
  • Dirtbox 2 Feb 2013 09:46:46 77,453 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    Psychotext wrote:
    Remind us Ecosse.. how long did it take you to get over yourself?

Of course, you're a paragon of virtue and impartiality these days.
    It took a couple of years but I managed it.
    Damn straight, almost completely impartial.
    And completely full of shit.

+1 / Like / Tweet this post

• Armoured_Bear 2 Feb 2013 09:47:07 10,232 posts
    Seen 45 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Dirtbox wrote:
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    The talk of 1.5x the 720 comes from developers wirh both machines not from Sony
    No one at all has said that, and if they did, it'll be the same 'sources' that said the same thing about the Wii U. And Sony haven't said anything yet because it hasn't officially been launched yet.

The rumour consensus is that it's "slightly" faster.

Get over yourself.
    They have actually, for ages multiple sources have said that it has a 1.8TFlops/s GPU versus a 1.2TFlops/s. CPU being similar, Memory bandwidth faster.
    Others, as you point out, have said that it's faster but not by a huge amount.
    We'll see, 3rd party games will no doubt run almost the same on both and we'll see the best of the PS4 from exclusives.

That wasn't my point anyway, my point was just that the claims referred to weren't from Sony, that's all. SOny may still be full of shit or they may have learned, we'll find out soon.

XBL : ecosse011172
    PSN : ecosse_011172
    NNID : armoured_bear

• Dirtbox 2 Feb 2013 09:52:15 77,453 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I'm just trying to think of a single occasion that teraflops actually meant anything at all in gaming terms.

Nope, I'm drawing a blank.

Please enlighten me.

Edited by Dirtbox at 09:55:40 02-02-2013

• Lukus 2 Feb 2013 09:58:09 18,996 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    The Wii U is a terribleflop.

Paintings & Photographs

• Deleted user 2 February 2013 10:32:41
    Dirtbox wrote:
    I'm just trying to think of a single occasion that teraflops actually meant anything at all in gaming terms.

Please enlighten me.
    Ignore the professional trolls Armoured_Bear. Trying to keep a null conversation going is their “life blood”.

He didn't see the obvious stupidity of his own question about “Tera”flops from previous generations. Even if he had changed the question to an appropriate unit, he'd wouldn't acknowledge that the PS2 had the most real-world performance of its generation, and the PS3 is currently the biggest install base for HD console consumers this generation and has 1/3 extra real-world performance.

But why should reality get in the way of a good old trolldown by dirtbox et al ?
  • Deleted user 2 February 2013 10:35:02
    Lukus wrote:
    The Wii U is a terribleflop.
    /Rolls up newspaper

Bad Lukus!
  • Dirtbox 2 Feb 2013 10:36:13 77,453 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Ah good, you're here, vizzini.

I can see you're trying to answer my question, but it's universally agreed within the industry and on sites such as this, that the PS3, despite it's squillion petaflop processing power, had the poorest performance as a current gen games machine.

So go on, make with the enlightenment.

Edited by Dirtbox at 10:36:31 02-02-2013

• Deleted user 2 February 2013 10:36:23
    vizzini wrote:
    Dirtbox wrote:

Please enlighten me.
    Ignore the professional trolls Armoured_Bear. Trying to keep a null conversation going is their “life blood”.

He didn't see the obvious stupidity of his own question about “Tera”flops from previous generations. Even if he had changed the question to an appropriate unit, he'd wouldn't acknowledge that the PS2 had the most real-world performance of its generation, and the PS3 is currently the biggest install base for HD console consumers this generation and has 1/3 extra real-world performance.

But why should reality get in the way of a good old trolldown by dirtbox et al ?
    Something I finally understand. But it's bollocks? In what world does the PS3 have 1/3 extra real world performance?
  • Dirtbox 2 Feb 2013 10:37:46 77,453 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I think he's trying to say that Folding at Home was a great game.

• thenastypasty 2 Feb 2013 10:40:09 5,180 posts
    Seen 21 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    mowgli wrote:
    vizzini wrote:
    Dirtbox wrote:

Please enlighten me.

Something I finally understand. But it's bollocks? In what world does the PS3 have 1/3 extra real world performance?
    Don't try to understand what Viz writes Mowgli, the man is clearly mental.

Edited by thenastypasty at 10:40:35 02-02-2013
  • Dirtbox 2 Feb 2013 10:40:54 77,453 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Haha, I just had a thought. I bet vizzini actually believes I get paid by Microsoft to make Sony look like shit. Just like he believes MS paid developers to make worse versions of games for the PS3.

• richardiox 2 Feb 2013 10:55:10 5,535 posts
    Seen 49 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Vizzini has got theoretical performance and real world performance the wrong way round, again. Real would performance is when the PS3 can't even run the COD engine in HD. or doesn't have enough memory to have cross game chat. Or has to download THEN install on demand software. Or when a flagship exclusive like MGS4 has sub HD res and poor textures. That's stuff that affects me as a PS3 owner - not how good the cell is at 'password cracking and medical research'.

The most bizarre thing about Vizzini is that he isn't actually a Sony fanboy. As evidenced by the fact he won't be getting a PS4 despite not seeing any software for it. He's that rarest of beasts - a processor fanboy. Popular with the ladies no doubt.

Edited by richardiox at 10:56:30 02-02-2013
  • CharlieStCloud 2 Feb 2013 11:15:02 5,011 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Surely I cannot be the only one who enjoys vizzini's whimsical craziness...?
  • richardiox 2 Feb 2013 11:17:54 5,535 posts
    Seen 49 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I enjoy it for the same reason I love watching you've been framed.
  • Dirtbox 2 Feb 2013 11:42:49 77,453 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Had to fish this out of the vizzini classics:

vizzini wrote:
    Must be better or equal on platformX, or release X weeks later on PC.

Anti-gamer publishing kickbacks are sadly part of console gaming now with all three platform holders so unevenly matched in strategies, wealth + technology wealth. The PC just gets caught in the crossfire of the region that EG and DF operate.

If LoT and DF didn't exist, there would be no mileage in withholding a version, or adding tearing, popup and reducing resolutions in other versions. It is all just to control marketing.
    Wonderful stuff.

• Deleted user 2 February 2013 11:46:51
    Mental
  • richardiox 2 Feb 2013 11:47:51 5,535 posts
    Seen 49 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    He's totally fucked up.

Even though Sony themselves have acknowledged the flaws in the PS3 architecture (which led to the slew of technically inferior PS3 versions and hence the different approach for PS4), Viz still honestly thinks that MS paid off developers to reduce the resolution of the PS3 builds.

What the actual fuck.
  • Lukus 2 Feb 2013 11:48:28 18,996 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    vizzini wrote:
    Dirtbox wrote:

Please enlighten me.

Answer my question you fucking zealot.

Paintings & Photographs

• Lukus 2 Feb 2013 11:50:22 18,996 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Lukus wrote:
    @vizzini www.edge-online.com/news/playstation-4-revealed/

"Privately, Sony representatives have conceded that the company made a mistake in creating such esoteric architecture for PS3..."
    If they can do it, why can't you?

Paintings & Photographs

• richardiox 2 Feb 2013 11:52:47 5,535 posts
    Seen 49 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Edge magazine have also been paid off with MS marketing money, as such it's a "puff piece" article and not worthy of a Viz response.
  • Page

of 16 First / Last