"I'll be back!" - Arnie returns in Terminator 5 Page 3

• Page

of 14 First / Last

• Lukus 23 Jan 2013 16:25:25 19,036 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    He'll play the engineer who designs the T101 or whatever probably. Or a rejected terminator, one that doesn't really work properly, a bit slow and useless.

Paintings & Photographs

• bad09 23 Jan 2013 19:00:25 5,759 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    They are dragging him out for 5! :) CGI Arnie was a fun tribute in Salvation but the Arnie formula for Terminator was done with 2. I liked they went off a did a different formula for Salvation (I'm with darkmorgado, not brilliant as it could have been but I liked it and it's oscar material compared to 3).

I guess he could be a human that Skynet used as a template for that model and he somehow escaped and is wondering around somewhere but for the love of cinema he can't be back as a machine surely?

Edited by bad09 at 19:05:08 23-01-2013
  • beastmaster 23 Jan 2013 19:13:06 11,287 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    The thing was with Terminator 3 was that he kept waiting around for James Cameron to do it with him. Cameron stated he didn't have anywhere else to take his characters after 2. Eventually Arnie just went "fuck it!" and did it. But it was a long time coming.

T3 had decent actors with Claire Danes and Nick Stahl. Female terminator was a bit shit but the car chase was good and the ending was epic. Just everything else sucked balls! Fucking director was a shit choice. Ridley Scott would have done it a million times better.

They nearly teamed up for I Am Legend. The test make up effects and animatronics are on YouTube somewhere.

The Resident Evil films. I'm one of the reasons they keep making them.

• Jeepers 23 Jan 2013 19:30:02 13,173 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    neilka wrote:
    I'LL BE suffering from crippling BACK pain

Because I am old
    More love for this, ingrates.
  • fletch7100 23 Jan 2013 19:36:49 7,119 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Not really too sure about this. Ok the new Conan film they are making they want Conan to be old, crippled King with same age as Arnie who wants one last major fight to prove himself or die in battle rather than in his sleep. Another Terminator, I don't know, doubt if I will be able to believe in the character like you could in T1

Then again make it an evil Arnie terminator who gets to kill Bill Paxton, Micheal Biehn and Lance Henrikson again

Sod it chuck in a Predator as well

Edited by fletch7100 at 19:41:33 23-01-2013
  • B0rked_Gamer 23 Jan 2013 19:37:25 2,520 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    kalel wrote:
    jonsaan wrote:
    Why does it have to be someone young anyway.
    Good point. Robots do age exactly like humans do after all.
    First of all the Terminator isn't a robot, it's a cyborg, secondly there is no law saying a particular terminator should appear to look young at all, so what the fuck.
  • Lukus 23 Jan 2013 20:07:10 19,036 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Jeepers wrote:
    neilka wrote:
    I'LL BE suffering from crippling BACK pain

Because I am old
    More love for this, ingrates.
    *knock knock knock*
    *door opens*

"Are you Sarah Connor?"

"Yes..."

"Are you Sarah Connor?"

"Yes, yes I am, can I help you?"

Are you Sarah Connor?

"Yes, I just said that I am. Are you ok?"

"Are you Sarah Connor?"

Paintings & Photographs

• bad09 23 Jan 2013 20:12:56 5,759 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Come with me if you want to buy Werthers
  • The-Bodybuilder 27 Jan 2013 23:02:34 14,109 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    GiarcYekrub wrote:
    The problem with Salvation was that too much action took place in bright sunlight during the day, Give me darkness, search light etc. IMO
    That is a huge factor (also the same for T3).
    another issue is that for war movie on machines..,,,there's only ever a max of 3 machines at any one time in the movie,

Salvation sucks.

I've lost respect for Arnie on this (that is, if he shows up as a terminator). Even he admitted he knew his career as a Hollywood A-list was over the moment he stepped out of his room for film T3.

Maybe he could play a respected general and mentor of John Connor, thus why Skynet would re-image his look for their T800 model.
  • The-Bodybuilder 27 Jan 2013 23:08:26 14,109 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    bad09 wrote:
    Come with me if you want to buy Werthers
  • Deleted user 27 January 2013 23:11:23
    I dunno if the daylight thing really holds up. A lot of T2 was in daylight. It's just that Cameron painted the future war scenes as pitch black night-time battles with pew-pew lasers, and everyone was expecting Salvation to basically be that, despite still being set some 10 years or so before then anyway.
  • beastmaster 27 Jan 2013 23:14:30 11,287 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    The-Bodybuilder wrote:
    GiarcYekrub wrote:
    The problem with Salvation was that too much action took place in bright sunlight during the day, Give me darkness, search light etc. IMO
    That is a huge factor (also the same for T3).
    another issue is that for war movie on machines..,,,there's only ever a max of 3 machines at any one time in the movie.
    This.

• LeD 28 Jan 2013 00:35:29 6,217 posts
    Seen 23 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Terminator kinda started and ended with the first one. "You can't go around killing people, because you wanna run for governor", fuck off.

Thread over.
  • Dolly 28 Jan 2013 01:49:09 3,221 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Perhaps 120 minutes of him wearing 'Elton John' glasses will disguise his age?!
  • The-Bodybuilder 28 Jan 2013 06:56:53 14,109 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    meme wrote:
    I dunno if the daylight thing really holds up. A lot of T2 was in daylight. It's just that Cameron painted the future war scenes as pitch black night-time battles with pew-pew lasers, and everyone was expecting Salvation to basically be that, despite still being set some 10 years or so before then anyway.
    nah, Cameron is known for using nighttime for action.
    day time was used for plot and character development, night for action. Its only at the beginning of both T1 and T2 were there was day action, as it was used to "break" the peacefulness of their world when the Terminators came.

Edited by The-Bodybuilder at 06:59:55 28-01-2013
  • The-Bodybuilder 28 Jan 2013 07:01:18 14,109 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Dolly wrote:
    Perhaps 120 minutes of him wearing 'Elton John' glasses will disguise his age?!
    Talk to the hand.
  • AcidSnake 28 Jan 2013 08:37:11 7,233 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    The-Bodybuilder wrote:
    Maybe he could play a respected general and mentor of John Connor, thus why Skynet would re-image his look for their T800 model.
    That would only make sense for assassinations after John knew the general...Sending back a copy of the general would then only be because they had his mold 'on file'...

Though having said that it could be a mindfuck they're playing with John...Keep sending the same terminator mold back so that when John finally meets the general he'll get shot on sight...

AcidSnake - He can't see your sig, avatar, images or vids and talks about himself in the third person because he's proper old-skool...UID 24017

• beastmaster 13 Jun 2013 23:45:26 11,287 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    He's back as The Terminator. Also in King Conan and another Twins film.

• beastmaster 21 Jun 2013 09:05:00 11,287 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    The Rock is set to star. Rumored to be set in the 40's

Okay, I'd be happy with The Rock as The Terminator rather than Arnie. They've recast Bond, why not?

This 40's setting could go either way though. It sounds like total balls but you never know.

• Physically_Insane 21 Jun 2013 09:13:46 8,735 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I can see it working with The Rock.
  • Load_2.0 21 Jun 2013 09:14:57 19,092 posts
    Seen 26 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    So at some point gangsters will blast a terminator with tommy guns. Possibly in a cabaret bar.

This will feature in the trailer.
  • Load_2.0 21 Jun 2013 09:16:32 19,092 posts
    Seen 26 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    When has the WWE examiner EVER been wrong?
  • Deckard1 21 Jun 2013 09:18:10 27,563 posts
    Seen 17 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    "One theory is that Schwarzenegger’s remarkable ability to protect the Connor family in the 1940s or 1950s, with antiquated weaponry by today’s standards, ultimately inspired the machines to develop a terminator in his likeness," claims the breathless report.
    That sounds swell

Hush you ponce

• beastmaster 28 Jun 2013 08:42:12 11,287 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    It's also a reboot and the first part in a new trilogy. No surprise there.

Hasta La Vista, Baby!

• Steve_Perry 28 Jun 2013 09:03:54 3,809 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Don't really see how a reboot will work? Will they just disregard the entire plot and start from scratch or do some timeline jive like Star Trek?

Either way I reckon its guaranteed to be terrible.

VIVA STEFANSEN

• McGeeza 28 Jun 2013 09:23:28 928 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I think Arnie will play 65 yo John Connor who will travel back in time to assassinate his grandparents as he realises that the only way to stop Skynet for sure is to cease the existence of Sarah, thus Skynet doesn't have to send a T800 back in time to kill Sarah to stop the birth of John, thus Cyberdyne don't find the pieces of the T800 and Skynet is never created. But. Skynet secretly built Skynet 2 as a backup in case Skynet was ever shut down, which finds out about old John's plan and sends a new Terminator played by The Rock back to protect the Connors against their own Grandson. What the Rock doesn't know is that old Connor's children Kyle and Sarah (named after their grandparents) follow him back in time to try to stop him but the time travel goes wrong and Kyle ends up in the future with amnesia and we realise that he actually is THE Kyle Reese and John's father. Sarah goes back in time (with amnesia or something) as planned and witnesses her father killing her great grandparents before The Rock can save them. The Rock then kills John but lets Sarah go. He then goes into hiding for 40 years before becoming a bit bored and decides to become a wrestling superstar. We then realise that young sarah from the future is the original Sarah and the film ends with a black kid going over to her and asking if she is ok. She says yes and asks him his name. He replies Miles Dyson. Credits.
  • Steve_Perry 28 Jun 2013 09:33:10 3,809 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Haha. Shut up and take my money.

VIVA STEFANSEN

• nickthegun 28 Jun 2013 09:44:34 59,300 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Steve_Perry wrote:
    Don't really see how a reboot will work? Will they just disregard the entire plot and start from scratch or do some timeline jive like Star Trek?
    Its really the only way because, like star trek, time travel over multiple installments has created a horrific continuity snarl.

That and the baggage of T4 and, to a lesser extent, T3 hang over the entire franchise.

---------------------------------------------------------
    He totally called it

• Steve_Perry 28 Jun 2013 09:47:56 3,809 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I agree there, I just don't see how they are going to do it either way. A straight sequel would just create further mess in an already baffling line of continuity, yet a prequel will have to carry over some of the plot Shirley?

It will be interesting to see how they do it in any case.

VIVA STEFANSEN

• twelveways 28 Jun 2013 11:39:04 3,945 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Robots really are stupid.

"Lets go back in time to wipe out the guy who started the war against us!"

"Good idea! When shall we go back to?"

"What about the one period when every motherfucker on earth had a machine gun?"

"Setting co-ordinates!"
  • Page

of 14 First / Last