Failed Assassination Attempt on Ahmet Dogan (Bulgarian Politician) Page 6

• Page

of 8 First / Last

• MetalDog 21 Jan 2013 14:46:34 23,740 posts
    Seen 54 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    From Our Own Correspondent has run a few real horror stories about Naples - particularly the way the gypsy population is treated there. Stuff like this:
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2008/jul/21/italy.race

On the whole - north or south - Italy's reputation is rather poor at the moment, with so many tales of racism, sexism and staggeringly blase corruption coming out of it - not to mention the general drift to the extreme right-wing.

So, maybe we should cut Stefansen a small break, because if even half of the yarns coming out of Italy are true, I can understand the tendency to be paranoid and suspicious of event.

-- boobs do nothing for me, I want moustaches and chest hair.

• Deleted user 21 January 2013 14:48:01
    Nandos wrote:
    Please, don't listen stefansen, he was locked up in a mental hospital until a few days ago.
    Just faking to listen him, he's like a "special boy"...
    Special boy with a special chromosomes
  • LeoliansBro 21 Jan 2013 14:51:14 44,512 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    There was a poll featured by the Economist a few months ago, which (among other things) had individual country views of 'Laziest Country in Europe'. Everyone said 'Greece', apart from Greece, who said 'Spain'. And Italy, who said 'Romania'.

LB, you really are a massive geek.

• AcidSnake 21 Jan 2013 14:55:04 7,285 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    MetalDog wrote:
    From Our Own Correspondent has run a few real horror stories about Naples - particularly the way the gypsy population is treated there. Stuff like this:
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2008/jul/21/italy.race

On the whole - north or south - Italy's reputation is rather poor at the moment, with so many tales of racism, sexism and staggeringly blase corruption coming out of it - not to mention the general drift to the extreme right-wing.

So, maybe we should cut Stefansen a small break, because if even half of the yarns coming out of Italy are true, I can understand the tendency to be paranoid and suspicious of event.
    Our country is in bad shape and has a lousy reputation (deservedly)...
    I can't counter the sexism, racism and corruption as they are very real and horrible aspects of our country...

What I will counter however is painting the south as the cause of these problems and the north as some idyllic paradise...(Not you MD, but Stefansen)...
    The south has a higher concentration of mafia and therefore can't catch up to the more prosperous north (where there's still mafia, though less apparent)...

We have elections in a few weeks though and current polls show that it'll probably be a leftist/center victory...(To allay your fears we're drifting to the extreme right)...

AcidSnake - He can't see your sig, avatar, images or vids and talks about himself in the third person because he's proper old-skool...UID 24017

• jellyhead 21 Jan 2013 14:59:36 24,350 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Got my fingers crossed for you guys, AcidSnake.

This signature intentionally left blank.

• MetalDog 21 Jan 2013 15:03:14 23,740 posts
    Seen 54 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Good luck hitting a more middle ground, sincerely. Right-wing drift is a problem occurring all over the place at the moment and it's worrying for all of us. We're certainly not immune from being racist arseholes in the UK and any worsening of the economic situation is likely to increase the arsehole strength as people look for someone to blame for it, although right now we seem to be sticking to economic class in our scapegoating efforts.

• AcidSnake 21 Jan 2013 15:12:06 7,285 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Thanks, let's hope for the best...

I'm not expecting miracles, but just a credible government that can even slightly cut away some of the ridiculous laws we have now would be a good start...

AcidSnake - He can't see your sig, avatar, images or vids and talks about himself in the third person because he's proper old-skool...UID 24017

• MetalDog 21 Jan 2013 15:16:18 23,740 posts
    Seen 54 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Are you completely shot of Berlusconi, or is he likely to be able to come back or work away in the background like some malevolent elf?

• AcidSnake 21 Jan 2013 15:29:06 7,285 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @MD:
    Contrary to what I believe is popular foreign opinion the majority of the country hate his guts...The problem is that many people will gladly swallow that hate because he's the leader of basically the only right-wing party we have...We have several smaller ones (hovering at about 5%) so everyone just votes for him to ensure the left doesn't win...

The right is corrupt and doesn't hide it and the left means well but is ineffectual...Berlusconi's main strength has always been to have all of his party members stick together and vote as a single huge block whereas the left keep bickering over single laws and matters of principle...
    As a recap, the right passes backward and dumb laws relatively easily whilst the left spend more time on making laws better than to actually write them into law...

The great unknown is a new party that basically offers only people new to politics with very strict ethic guidelines (and has declared to not accept a single coalition offering)...Founded by a comedian, it's garnering a lot of votes of people who just want all politicians to give it a rest and go home once and for all...

• megastar 21 Jan 2013 15:51:56 17,196 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
  • RedSparrows 21 Jan 2013 16:03:21 23,338 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    An acquaintance's stuff on Italian elections:

http://blogs.ft.com/the-world/2013/01/beginners-guide-to-italys-general-elections-2013/
  • MetalDog 21 Jan 2013 16:26:02 23,740 posts
    Seen 54 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Don't thank me too much, I'm of the opinion that while Naples may have some particularly bad issues, the whole country is in dire need of a housecleaning. North too, uh-huh.

Not that we in the UK can be terribly high-horsey about anything with all the shit our collection of left/right twattyboys are up to.

• AcidSnake 21 Jan 2013 16:29:35 7,285 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @Stefansen-V:
    That 90% figure is a bit high...
    Just out of curiosity then, who will you be voting for next month?

• AcidSnake 21 Jan 2013 16:38:06 7,285 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Lega's going to die at these elections fortunately, hope we never see them again...

Fair enough answer...

• Deckard1 21 Jan 2013 16:38:10 28,761 posts
    Seen 28 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    If you could pick any animal to be, what would it be and why Stefan 5?
  • jellyhead 21 Jan 2013 16:39:37 24,350 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Deckard1's choice would be a Troll i suppose?

This signature intentionally left blank.

• Deckard1 21 Jan 2013 16:40:48 28,761 posts
    Seen 28 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    ANIMAL.
  • LeoliansBro 21 Jan 2013 22:37:10 44,512 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    MetalDog wrote:
    Are you completely shot of Berlusconi, or is he likely to be able to come back or work away in the background like some malevolent elf?
    Could come back a lot stronger than that. He's an outsider to lead if the upcomings swing his way after he fucked Monti over (professing he didn't all the time and waving his arms in innocence like a Milan footballer).

• LeoliansBro 21 Jan 2013 22:38:43 44,512 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Oh and ignore Stephen MD - he's the mongo of Italian politics. Namechecking isn't the same as understanding.

• Armoured_Bear 21 Jan 2013 23:18:46 11,370 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    It amazes me how Italy can be so fucked up but so utterly incredible.
    I love the place.

XBL : ecosse011172
    PSN : ecosse_011172
    NNID : armoured_bear

• LeoliansBro 21 Jan 2013 23:41:05 44,512 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    AC Milan?

Think some Spaniards might question their 'greatest' credentials.

• cubbymoore 21 Jan 2013 23:53:06 36,501 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Original video taken down.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Il1XYGL8jWA this one shows the attacker being dragged out the building.
  • Page

of 8 First / Last