Fallout 4 Page 3

• Page

of 8 First / Last

• King_Edward 10 Jan 2013 13:13:35 11,454 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Scimarad wrote:

I assume King_Edward was joking but I would like a Fallout game where you spend some time in the vault before being forced out or venturing out to try and save everyone. It all seemed to happen in the blink of an eye in Fallout 3 and when you did leave you were encouraged to walk straight to Megaton which is pretty civilized.
    Half joking. I'd like a game were you and all the other characters go insane cooped away in the vault for too long. It wouldn't be very "Fallout" though, and I certainly wouldn't choose Bethesda to make it.
  • MetalDog 10 Jan 2013 13:16:19 23,708 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Gary!

-- boobs do nothing for me, I want moustaches and chest hair.

• Salaman 10 Jan 2013 13:20:23 18,875 posts
    Seen 57 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    ZizouFC wrote:
    This just makes me want to replay Fallout 3 and finish Fallout: NV.
    Makes me want to have a stab at finishing the main story for Fall out 3, New Vegas and Skyrim.
    In both the Fallouts, I got so bogged down in hoarding all sorts of "might be useful" stuff. Managing the hoard got to be so tiresome and managing your inventory to go out and cook some steaks and then make some ammo and stuff is so cluncky.
    I should just go back to it and ignore all the crap. Just wander about a bit, poke around and shoot stuff and move the story along a bit.
  • cubbymoore 10 Jan 2013 13:31:32 36,468 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I'm replaying Fallout 3 at the moment on PC, having completed it on PS3 first time. I think I prefer the controls on the PS3 but it's a lot smoother on PC.

I played NV and got quite far, except I was playing it on PS3 so it started crashing and had to give up. I'd like to play that on PC next as I think it's quite a bit better than F3, what with the different factions that you inevitably end up pissing off.

I hope they keep the NV features in F4, or make them more complex even.
  • richardiox 10 Jan 2013 13:50:48 5,547 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Cubby, install the "Fellout" mod for PC, makes the game look way better.

http://fallout3.nexusmods.com/mods/2672

Check the before and after screens.
  • SomaticSense 10 Jan 2013 14:04:25 7,967 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    richardiox wrote:

I dunno tbh. Looks a bit too clean for a wasteland with the updated graphics. The recoloured sky looks a little too 'healthy' too.
  • Widge Moderator 10 Jan 2013 14:13:18 13,267 posts
    Seen 52 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I need to find some good mods for New Vegas (as Fallout 3 is far too flakey on PC for me to consider tinkering, I'm just happy it runs as it is).

_ _ _

www.unpaused.co.uk - electronic noise adjective salad

• the_dudefather 10 Jan 2013 14:22:28 9,203 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Salaman wrote:
    ZizouFC wrote:
    Makes me want to have a stab at finishing the main story for Fall out 3, New Vegas and Skyrim.
    In both the Fallouts, I got so bogged down in hoarding all sorts of "might be useful" stuff. Managing the hoard got to be so tiresome and managing your inventory to go out and cook some steaks and then make some ammo and stuff is so cluncky.
    I should just go back to it and ignore all the crap. Just wander about a bit, poke around and shoot stuff and move the story along a bit.
    I get the same thing in Bethesda games

Just trying to sell all the shit you looted becomes a bit of a chore, finding the right trader who takes that kind of item, selling as much as you can, but then they run out of money so you have to go somewhere else

RPG Kleptomania can be hard to deal with

(ง ͠ ͟ʖ ͡)

• ronuds 10 Jan 2013 14:39:43 21,788 posts
    Seen 11 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Salaman wrote:
    ZizouFC wrote:
    Sounds familiar. I think 'oh, I'll probably need that' and next thing you know I'm so bogged down with crap that I can't even move.
  • Khanivor 10 Jan 2013 14:47:12 40,402 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Be nice if Bethesda really released something alive, something new.

"Go see what happened to my missing cows".

"Go see what happened to my missing mutated cows".

Same shit, different words.

I really get into each game for about 10-15 hours then the shiny wears off and I'm left with the realisation I'm playing the same fucking game AGAIN. Except with marginally improved draw distances and a worse UI.
  • richardiox 10 Jan 2013 14:52:26 5,547 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    SomaticSense wrote:
    richardiox wrote:

'
    I dunno tbh. Looks a bit too clean for a wasteland with the updated graphics. The recoloured sky looks a little too 'healthy' too.
    The mod creators argue that enough years have passed that the sky would be blue again and the toxic clouds and green smog would have lifted. I prefer the cleaner look. You get the juxtaposition of the derilict waste Land and the decay against a clear blue sky. Plus it cleans up objects in the far distance.
  • ronuds 10 Jan 2013 15:07:46 21,788 posts
    Seen 11 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @Khanivor - For me, Bethesda games are more about the exploration.

I whole-heartedly agree that the inhabitants and most quests are a thorough disappointment. The AI is massively improved and random dialogue expanded, but town's folk still feel like robots.

I'm always disappointed with their towns, too. You'll hear all these great things about how massive a place is, and when you arrive it's like 4 huts and a library with 7 people living there.

If their worlds weren't interesting places to explore, their games wouldn't have much going for them, imo. I do love to explore and collect things, but they've even managed to lessen its appeal with that whole level-scaling nonsense.
  • Widge Moderator 10 Jan 2013 15:15:41 13,267 posts
    Seen 52 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    ronuds wrote:
    Salaman wrote:
    ZizouFC wrote:
    Sounds familiar. I think 'oh, I'll probably need that' and next thing you know I'm so bogged down with crap that I can't even move.
    You just can't do that in F:NV in Hardcore mode. Always travel with two weapons (one pistol, one rifle) and the ammo for each, scavenging for stuff, dropping excesses, living from one situation to the next. Quite refreshing!

I don't know if you can get a house in NV? I know you can get a modded one.

_ _ _

• Widge Moderator 10 Jan 2013 15:17:07 13,267 posts
    Seen 52 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    ronuds wrote:
    that whole level-scaling nonsense.
    Didn't they get rid of that in F3? Replace it with locations that lock to your level when you encounter them and then don't increase... creating places you can come back to later when more powerful and whatnot.

_ _ _

• Shikasama 10 Jan 2013 15:17:44 6,629 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    You reckon? I found F:NV Hardcore mode changed very, very little about the game. Quite literally the only way I actually new I was on Hardcore was because I'd occasionally have to eat/drink something.

It was one of the more disappointing things in the game in my opinion.

Well up for a Fallout 4 though.
  • ronuds 10 Jan 2013 15:36:31 21,788 posts
    Seen 11 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Widge wrote:
    ronuds wrote:
    that whole level-scaling nonsense.
    Didn't they get rid of that in F3? Replace it with locations that lock to your level when you encounter them and then don't increase... creating places you can come back to later when more powerful and whatnot.
    You're right - FO handled it "better". I was thinking more of Skyrim.
  • Scimarad 11 Jan 2013 12:06:51 8,530 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    @Shikasama

Yeah, same here. I didn't think it made the game particularly harder and it didn't seem particularly suited to whole the survival thing.

There's a pretty decent Hunger/Thirst/Sleep mod in Skyrim which seems to do a better job of it, though I had to turn the default settings down a bit. It certainly made me think before fast travelling anywhere that was a long way away as I'd turn up half starved and dying of thirst and exhaustion! I think these hunger/thirst things just get annoying after a while, anyway.
  • Mola_Ram 11 Jan 2013 12:21:01 6,987 posts
    Seen 27 seconds ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    The hunger/thirst things work way better in Roguelikes where everything is small scale dungeon crawling stuff, with no fast travel. With these games it's like, "you fast traveled to a city on the other side of the map... but you forgot to eat on the way, so you die."
  • the_dudefather 11 Jan 2013 12:27:09 9,203 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    It was funny if you were a Vampire in Oblivion

/fast travel during the night
    /appear in the middle of a massive open area the next day
    /you are on fire

(ง ͠ ͟ʖ ͡)

• M83J01P97 16 Apr 2013 16:56:21 6,552 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    So yesterday they announced that the Skyrim team had moved onto something else, and today, this.Are they getting ready to tell is something?
  • glaeken 16 Apr 2013 16:58:16 11,107 posts
    Seen 33 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Yep. It's a launch title for the Nextbox and exclusive for 10 years.
  • Jacksie66 16 Apr 2013 17:27:02 572 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Fallout- North Korea
  • thelzdking 16 Apr 2013 17:58:52 4,326 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Jacksie66 wrote:
    Fallout- North Korea
    On Hardcore Mode you'd starve to death pretty quickly.
  • ubergine 16 Apr 2013 18:10:15 2,089 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Bethesda needs to invest in some crowd technology like Ubisoft uses for Assasins Creed. The major cities with 8 inhabitants in Bethesda games are just ridiculous.

The epic final battle in Oblivion was hilarious. Oh my god! Demon dimension will overrun the world! So we hold them off with about 10 NPC's and only a few enemies can spawn through the portal at a time.

http://www.youtube.com/user/ubergine

• ecureuil 14 Nov 2013 18:47:09 76,527 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Bethesda have registered the domain 'thesurvivor2299.com'

Some are speculating whether or not it's legit or a hoax. I want to believe.
  • M83J01P97 14 Nov 2013 18:55:19 6,552 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    They normally reveal their next big game just under two years after the last release... If they stick to this pattern then Fallout 4 should be shown off anytime now as Skyrim is two years old believe it or not.

Edited by M83J01P97 at 18:55:54 14-11-2013
  • oceanmotion 14 Nov 2013 18:58:41 15,662 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    They're still working on the first patch.
  • DUFFMAN5 14 Nov 2013 19:34:52 14,427 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Talking of things Fallout, I will be starting FONV soon (oh yes I will ;) ) do I play it on the hardest mode, survivor ? or whatever it is called, is there any real reason to start with this level of handicap.

"Duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem! Oh, yeah!"

• Vortex808 14 Nov 2013 19:52:18 6,975 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    DUFFMAN5 wrote:
    Talking of things Fallout, I will be starting FONV soon (oh yes I will ;) ) do I play it on the hardest mode, survivor ? or whatever it is called, is there any real reason to start with this level of handicap.
    Yes- an achievement ;). There is so much ammo and food it's not much of an issue so apart from limb damage it's not difficult. Once you get more powerful and can craft whatever kit repairs broken limbs it's no hassle

Worst bit was ammo having weight in later stages restricting my looting.
  • Gaol 14 Nov 2013 19:53:00 2,263 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    DUFFMAN5 wrote:
    If you mean hardcore mode, I would say no. It's supposed to make it realistic but you just end up micro managing thirst/sleep bars, which gets in the way of the good stuff imo. If you mean difficulty, it plays fine on normal.
  • Page

of 8 First / Last