Nurse who fell for the prank call from an Australian DJ has committed suicide. Page 8

• Page

of 8 First / Last

Next
  • kalel 13 Dec 2012 15:13:01 83,877 posts
    Seen 38 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    A conspiracy theory or an actual conspiracy?
  • Shikasama 13 Dec 2012 15:16:00 6,277 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I'm open to offers
  • Commander Keen 13 Dec 2012 15:17:08 718 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Shikasama wrote:
    I'm open to offers
    Prince Phillip. Because he doesn't like forrins.
  • Commander Keen 13 Dec 2012 15:18:42 718 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Very unedifying state of affairs. The whole episode continues to leave a bad taste in the mouth what with all the manoeuvring and squirming that's going on.

You know things have got bad when Keith Vaz comes across as a reasonable and sympathetic person!
  • Deckard1 13 Dec 2012 15:19:46 25,414 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    This can't be a mere coincidence

Called it

• yegon 13 Dec 2012 15:45:45 4,909 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    kinky_mong wrote:
    The Mail have removed this top comment from the article on the nurse's suicide. Self regulation at it's finest.
    Tsk, no surprise.

I hate the Mail with a passion, but about a year ago I registered to make a single comment. They had an article about someone performing their role in the same industry as myself, the railway. The guard didn't let this asian guy in a wheelchair on the train for some specific reasons*. The article completely fabricated the events, taking as gospel the video the asian guy took with his mobile of the guard ignoring him. The whole thing was sold as a race story, full of inaccuracies (the guard was in fact a "driver", and there were lots of other "drivers" (platform staff) ignoring him too). Funny, in the 10 minutes prior to the wheelchair guy taking the video, he'd been advised multiple times by two members of staff of the situation, and had subsequently verbally abused them as he wasn't getting his way. CCTV proved it, yet the guard was vilified in the press. Company later issued an apology and compensation to guard. Still waiting for the correction in the Mail....

I posted this (and the * stuff below), it survived about 10 minutes, got quoted by some numpty Mail readers.....then got completely erased, along with all the re-quotes. Hmm.

-low platform at destination, beyond the abilities of a wheelchair ramp. He'd been advised a train 20 minutes later was capable of taking him, the unit sat lower at the platform.
    -he had a child on his lap which he refused to release. H&S rules, whether you agree or not, mean an unsecured kid can't be pushed up/down a wheelchair ramp on someones lap.

Edited by yegon at 15:46:41 13-12-2012
  • Page

of 8 First / Last

Next