Nurse who fell for the prank call from an Australian DJ has committed suicide. Page 6

• Page

of 8 First / Last

• jonsaan 8 Dec 2012 16:31:52 25,353 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @RobTheBuilder oh my. So probably about 50 mph :(

FCUTA!

• oceanmotion 8 Dec 2012 16:34:20 15,969 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    jonsaan wrote:
    @Ka-blamo well yes. It was more about the point that most regular people would never be kept in for that, they'd just get told it's normal and to get on with things. Unless I'm missing something and most preganat women now get admitted for morning sickness? If so, things have moved on since we had our last child.
    My brothers wife was in hospital for a few days with morning sickness so I think it can be quite bad for some people. She had twins but someone else she knew was also in hospital for it with just one baby, might be rare but it's wrong to think it doesn't happen to normal folk.
  • Jazzy_Geoff 8 Dec 2012 16:37:47 7,767 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    jonsaan wrote:
    @TarickStonefire actually........I do know all about it...in fact, the reason It annoys me that Kate gets admitted for morning sickness is because my wife was sent home from hospital with an ectopic pregnancy and nearly died once, so why don't you feck off. You self righteous twat.
    You're the self righteous twat mate. What does an ectopic pregnancy have to do with hyperemesis? My wife suffered with hyperemesis during her first pregnancy and is suffering again now. It's pretty awful. They send you to hospital because the vomiting means that the sufferers can get dangerously dehydrated. What exactly is your problem with that?
  • jonsaan 8 Dec 2012 16:42:13 25,353 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Oh please go away. I've already said sorry for the rant.

It has nothing to do with it. I was merely comparing my own personal situation to that of a Royal. We couldn't even get my wife admitted when she was suffering severe bleeding, we got sent home.

FCUTA!

• Jazzy_Geoff 8 Dec 2012 16:48:53 7,767 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Alright but don't belittle the suffering of others just because you had a tough time. It's common practice to admit hyperemesis sufferers. Her being a royal has nothing to do with it.
  • CosmicFuzz 8 Dec 2012 16:52:54 24,565 posts
    Seen 57 seconds ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    It's probably been said already by someone but radio pranks happen all the time, no one saw it ending like this and I really don't see how it's the radio station's fault.

Everyone knows Jack Thompson - but how did he become the game-blaming activist he is today? Read Part One of my new mini-series!

• Jazzy_Geoff 8 Dec 2012 16:54:29 7,767 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    PS hyperemesis is not 'just' morning sickness. It's completely debilitating and can last for the entire term. It's also a right pain in the fucking arse when your wife is ill, being sick, miserable and in bed for four months in a row and counting and you have to do all the cooking, cleaning, work, look after the two year old and nursemaid the wife so I'm sure you'll forgive me if I tell you to stfu.
  • PhoenixFlames 8 Dec 2012 17:01:10 9,068 posts
    Seen 54 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Having babies sounds brilliant: wife with severe sickness, possible death and if you survive all that you get a little ball of fat the keeps you up all night and can't use a toilet. Yeah, giving that a miss.

PSN - phoenix1flames

• jonsaan 8 Dec 2012 17:02:26 25,353 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @jazzy Nothing to forgive. I hope things get better for you both.

Edited by jonsaan at 17:04:14 08-12-2012

FCUTA!

• BinaryBob101 8 Dec 2012 17:08:21 23,151 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    sport wrote:
    Someone ban Load please. He sounds like an Aussie!
    YOU SOUND LIKE AN AUSSIE!

www.TheGrumpyVaper.com

• elstoof 8 Dec 2012 17:09:15 7,505 posts
    Seen 24 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    PhoenixFlames wrote:
    Having babies sounds brilliant: wife with severe sickness, possible death and if you survive all that you get a little ball of fat the keeps you up all night and can't use a toilet. Yeah, giving that a miss.
    You'll understand once you get a bit older.
  • DodgyPast 8 Dec 2012 17:21:09 8,478 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    kalel wrote:
    DodgyPast wrote:
    So if I started hitting golf balls randomly into crowds and hurting people I wouldn't be responsible?
    See here's the thing about that analogy though. It's absolutely terrible.
    Wouldn't deny it.
  • Ka-blamo 8 Dec 2012 17:29:46 7,368 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    CosmicFuzz wrote:
    It's probably been said already by someone but radio pranks happen all the time, no one saw it ending like this and I really don't see how it's the radio station's fault.
    And what has also already been said is this was no ordinary prank because it's calling a hospital which sets it aside from usual crank calls.

If they'd risk assessed the 'prank' then they'd see that possible outcomes would be:

They get hung up on.

They get an innocent person in job risking trouble and potentially fired.

They find out that Kate is actually seriously ill or the baby's life in danger or dead.

If they'd thought for one second they never woulda risked all this to fill 2 minutes for their shit heap of a radio station.

People say that 'how were the DJs to know she'd kill herself?' Obviously that's an extreme outcome which no-one could of predicted, but what could have been predicted by anyone (who isn't a mouth breathing apathetic cunt-wit) is that there was never any positive outcomes for this 'prank'

To sum up, calling a hospital is not the same as phone jacker fucking with a cold caller.
  • danathjo 8 Dec 2012 17:30:57 7,403 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I'm sorry but putting aside the tragedy of the whole situation, a woman decided that it would be better to leave her two children grow up motherless than put up with some humiliation for a while. That is just crazy!

I can't see how any sane person would ever come to that conclusion.
  • danathjo 8 Dec 2012 17:32:27 7,403 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    btw not condoning the prank at all
  • Jazzy_Geoff 8 Dec 2012 17:39:18 7,767 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    jonsaan wrote:
    @jazzy Nothing to forgive. I hope things get better for you both.
    Bah, far too amiable to dislike
  • CosmicFuzz 8 Dec 2012 17:49:06 24,565 posts
    Seen 57 seconds ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Ka-blamo wrote:
    CosmicFuzz wrote:
    And what has also already been said is this was no ordinary prank because it's calling a hospital which sets it aside from usual crank calls.

If they'd risk assessed the 'prank' then they'd see that possible outcomes would be:

They get hung up on.

They get an innocent person in job risking trouble and potentially fired.

They find out that Kate is actually seriously ill or the baby's life in danger or dead.

If they'd thought for one second they never woulda risked all this to fill 2 minutes for their shit heap of a radio station.

People say that 'how were the DJs to know she'd kill herself?' Obviously that's an extreme outcome which no-one could of predicted, but what could have been predicted by anyone (who isn't a mouth breathing apathetic cunt-wit) is that there was never any positive outcomes for this 'prank'

To sum up, calling a hospital is not the same as phone jacker fucking with a cold caller.
    I see your points, and I suppose I agree that a hospital is maybe out of bounds, but still, even if I admit they were being stupid, I don't see them as being responsible. She obviously had mental health issues.

Everyone knows Jack Thompson - but how did he become the game-blaming activist he is today? Read Part One of my new mini-series!

• Ka-blamo 8 Dec 2012 18:41:44 7,368 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    CosmicFuzz wrote:

even if I admit they were being stupid, I don't see them as being responsible. She obviously had mental health issues.
    There was an article on this before she'd killed herself where someone that'd been comforting and reassuring her said she would talk of being "lonely and confused"

From her perspective this was shame/embarrassment/worthlessness multiplied by 100 because of worldwide coverage. It's incredibly dissmissive and unfair to call her mental, we can't begin to understand how this would feel.
  • Vice.Destroyer 8 Dec 2012 18:44:53 5,841 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I'll have to second Ka-Blamo, CosmicFuzz. One thing I found incredibly crass was that the DJs gave a really weak apology for any distress caused, whilst they *still* had the phone call on their website to download.
  • PhoenixFlames 8 Dec 2012 18:50:59 9,068 posts
    Seen 54 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    It's a sad thing indeed. That aside, if I was her I would have done a few TV/Newspaper interviews for . Then I'd get the radio show to fly me to Oz, all expenses paid for an interview/promo/Oz-UK relations PR bollocks. Proper milk it.

"I wOZ pranked like a Sheila" t-shirts...you get the idea.

PSN - phoenix1flames

• CosmicFuzz 8 Dec 2012 18:57:37 24,565 posts
    Seen 57 seconds ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I have to disagree to those saying the radio djs caused her death. That's completely ludicrous. A reasonable person wouldn't have killed themselves after being a victim of that prank. Her decision to kill herself broke the chain of causation. Was it a stupid prank? Yes. Were they jerks etc? Maybe. But even if so, they still didn't cause her death. She caused it.

• Deleted user 8 December 2012 18:58:45
    CosmicFuzz wrote:
    I have to disagree to those saying the radio djs caused her death. That's completely ludicrous. A reasonable person wouldn't have killed themselves after being a victim of that prank. Her decision to kill herself broke the chain of causation. Was it a stupid prank? Yes. Were they jerks etc? Maybe. But even if so, they still didn't cause her death. She caused it.
    This people. It was a shit prank, a slightly dangerous prank but they cannot and should not be held responsible.
  • kalel 8 Dec 2012 19:03:56 87,910 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Well, they hold some level of responsibility. It's just how much should be kept in perspective.
  • superdelphinus 8 Dec 2012 19:07:11 8,074 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    CosmicFuzz wrote:
    egg shell skull rule potentially
  • HelloNo 8 Dec 2012 19:20:43 1,125 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    kalel wrote:
    Well, they hold some level of responsibility. It's just how much should be kept in perspective.
    Best thing I've read all thread.
  • senso-ji 8 Dec 2012 19:31:22 5,921 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    mowgli wrote:
    CosmicFuzz wrote:
    This people. It was a shit prank, a slightly dangerous prank but they cannot and should not be held responsible.
    Actually, they can. The prank call wasn't live, it was pre recorded and check over and edited to maximise the 'hilarity'. The radio station and presenters also boasted about it after it was broadcast, and repeatedly played the clip during trails between songs. They were clearly proud of what they did up to the tragic events of yesterday, and now all of a sudden it was 'just a prank'.

Edited by senso-ji at 19:31:50 08-12-2012
  • brokenkey 8 Dec 2012 19:34:12 7,058 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    PhoenixFlames wrote:
    It's a sad thing indeed. That aside, if I was her I would have done a few TV/Newspaper interviews for . Then I'd get the radio show to fly me to Oz, all expenses paid for an interview/promo/Oz-UK relations PR bollocks. Proper milk it.

Good point. Where was Max Clifford when she needed him?

3DS 3497-0122-1484
    XBL/PSN/NNID: CptnBrokenkey

• elstoof 8 Dec 2012 19:36:44 7,505 posts
    Seen 24 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Think of it this way, people call each other cunts on here all the time. Would the possibility of the person you call a cunt killing themselves as result enter your mind before you call them out?
  • PhoenixFlames 8 Dec 2012 19:40:06 9,068 posts
    Seen 54 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    brokenkey wrote:
    PhoenixFlames wrote:

Good point. Where was Max Clifford when she needed him?
    Touching kids.

PSN - phoenix1flames

• Syrette 8 Dec 2012 19:46:54 43,595 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    PhoenixFlames wrote:

Yeah, but you'd do anything for a few quid.

Anything.

• Page

of 8 First / Last