NNID Sid-Nice

• roz123 12 Jul 2013 10:42:42 7,113 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Very nice
  • Telepathic.Geometry 14 Jul 2013 11:20:35 11,402 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I came perilously close to getting a Wii U today while I was checking out Pikmin 3. There were three other games I wanted there (Mario Bros, Nintendoland and Zombie U) so, I managed to keep my shit together.

When the Wonderful 101 and Tropical Freeze come out, there'll be two more great reasons, but not quite enough I think. New Zelda and an actually new Mario are needed. This New Mario Bros. curse is actually turning me against Ninty.

|| PSN Barrysama || NNID Barrysama ||

• Progguitarist 14 Jul 2013 12:53:41 10,481 posts
    Seen 32 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Don't do it.
  • Telepathic.Geometry 14 Jul 2013 13:31:05 11,402 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I'm doin' me best man but, PIKMIN! It's my Achille's heel! ]-:

• Pinky_Floyd 14 Jul 2013 13:38:41 8,039 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Telepathic.Geometry wrote:
    I came perilously close to getting a Wii U today while I was checking out Pikmin 3. There were three other games I wanted there (Mario Bros, Nintendoland and Zombie U) so, I managed to keep my shit together.

When the Wonderful 101 and Tropical Freeze come out, there'll be two more great reasons, but not quite enough I think. New Zelda and an actually new Mario are needed. This New Mario Bros. curse is actually turning me against Ninty.
    Whats the new mario bros curse?
  • roz123 14 Jul 2013 13:47:08 7,113 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Sunday times have a review up but you have to pay to read it
    http://www.thesundaytimes.co.uk/sto/ingear/Tech___Games/Games___Apps/article1286013.ece
  • Pinky_Floyd 14 Jul 2013 14:33:53 8,039 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    roz123 wrote:
    Sunday times have a review up but you have to pay to read it
    http://www.thesundaytimes.co.uk/sto/ingear/Tech___Games/Games___Apps/article1286013.ece
    Summary:

Its a hoot.
  • Ashleyfiddes 14 Jul 2013 15:33:04 980 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I saw that, it nearly suckered me in but then I remembered I'm not a big fan of the Sunday times or video game reviews from newspapers
  • Telepathic.Geometry 14 Jul 2013 16:00:46 11,402 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @Pinky_Floyd I mean that until the New Super Mario Bros game appeared, a Mario game was a sure thing for me because they were always completely new and incredibly inventive. It was a sure thing for me. Even Galaxy 2 was wildly inventive and different, despite sharing its name.

The 1st NSMB was an interesting one for me too. Multiplayer Mario. I used to play it with one of my ex-girlfriends, and we had good times. And then they made it again three or four times.

A lot of people say that Ninty rely too much on old franchises, and I never used to think so. The franchise was the same, but there was always a profoundly different paradigm for each game I felt. But nw, what do we get? A half dozen NSMB games, WW in HD, A Link to the Past 2? WTF Ninty?

I dunno, I guess it's a little depressing, having enjoyed Ninty's work for so long to seem them reduced to knocking out cheap and cheerful hacks...

• Raiko101 14 Jul 2013 16:25:41 6,423 posts
    Seen 25 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    The NSMB series is the prime example, but it's clearly a gaming series people want. When it sells 4 times as much as each Galaxy game, you're not going to say "Well there's not much point in making anymore. We have nothing new to add". It's a case of people wanting more of the same.

It is a dangerous practice though. How many times can you get away with making such games before the wider audience feel that enough is enough.

3DS: 4210 4002 8289 (Dave)
    Wii U: Raiko87
    Xbox Live: Raiko87

• Armoured_Bear 14 Jul 2013 16:29:29 11,348 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Sid-Nice wrote:
    Taking Pictures.

More Gamepad Controls.
    The Camera is awesome, super cute :-)

XBL : ecosse011172
    PSN : ecosse_011172
    NNID : armoured_bear

• Telepathic.Geometry 14 Jul 2013 16:49:28 11,402 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @Raiko101 Well yeah, for me they have already crossed that line. Businessmen always have to judge these things don't they. When they sit down and decide to remove GC BC, and to make the second screen the big thing and have DL games that are actually more expensive than discs, they skew a gamble on whether they can make more money that way or not...

...and in my case, they lost me as a long term loyal consumer.

If Nintendo didn't have so much money in the bank, I think they'd do a lot better. They don't seem to feel the pressure to improve their online infrastructure, or to be kinder to their consumers, and I think that'll be their downfall...

• Pinky_Floyd 14 Jul 2013 17:14:49 8,039 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Dont be too disheartened TG.  NSMBU is far from a cheap and cheerful hack.  I reckon its the best since Super Mario World and is full of devilish level design, lovely HD graphics and wonderful touches that only Nintendo can come up with.

It should stink like a 15 year old corpse yet still seems somehow incredibly well preserved and dare I say it, fresh.
  • MatMan562 14 Jul 2013 17:16:04 2,510 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @Telepathic.Geometry If it makes you feel any better, Nintendo have said that the NSMB series is a one game per console deal (like Mario Kart) so unless they go back on that we wont be seeing another one for a good few years.

Raiko101 wrote:
    When it sells 4 times as much as each Galaxy game, you're not going to say "Well there's not much point in making anymore. We have nothing new to add". It's a case of people wanting more of the same.
    Then why is there no F-Zero?!:-P

Also, Pikmin 3 continues to look good.

XBL/ PSN/ Steam/ NNID - MatMan562

• Derblington 14 Jul 2013 17:21:27 21,915 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Why would Nintendo making games that you're not buying be a reason to dislike the company, even though its a game you admit that you actually want?

Is it just me that finds that kinda stupid?
  • Telepathic.Geometry 14 Jul 2013 18:12:02 11,402 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @Derbs: I have very mixed feelings about Ninty, so sorry if half my posts either make no sense or are completely off topic. In a nutshell, I grew up playing Ninty games, and while on the one hand I think that they're amongst the very best game-makers in the world - probably the best - as businessmen they tend to fleece their fans in a disgraceful way. They don't work hard enough to please their incredibly loyal fans.

To sum up, I will surely get a Wii U some day. It's inevitable. Pikmin 3 will be top of the heap on that day. I dislike Ninty as a company because, like Apple, they know how much we want what they have, and know that they can fleece us. They are not competitive, and as a consumer that's bad for me.

If they were competitive, they might throw us consumers a few more bones, like giving us GC BC, or making the insole region free, or lowering the fucking price on their always low cost old tech consoles. Anything.

Sorry for harping on the whole time with the same old complaints, and derailing the thread. If I didn't want Ninty back, I wouldn't post anything in this thread at all...

• Ashleyfiddes 14 Jul 2013 18:58:19 980 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    The sun on Sunday have given this 7 out of ten, I reckon take that with a grain of salt as from reading i got the impression they got ores half way through as it wasn't actiony enough
  • neilka 14 Jul 2013 19:20:07 16,248 posts
    Seen 21 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    It's below 8 so we can safely dismiss it.
  • Wolves1877 14 Jul 2013 23:47:24 440 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Telepathic.Geometry wrote:
    @Derbs: I have very mixed feelings about Ninty, so sorry if half my posts either make no sense or are completely off topic. In a nutshell, I grew up playing Ninty games, and while on the one hand I think that they're amongst the very best game-makers in the world - probably the best - as businessmen they tend to fleece their fans in a disgraceful way. They don't work hard enough to please their incredibly loyal fans.

To sum up, I will surely get a Wii U some day. It's inevitable. Pikmin 3 will be top of the heap on that day. I dislike Ninty as a company because, like Apple, they know how much we want what they have, and know that they can fleece us. They are not competitive, and as a consumer that's bad for me.

If they were competitive, they might throw us consumers a few more bones, like giving us GC BC, or making the insole region free, or lowering the fucking price on their always low cost old tech consoles. Anything.

Sorry for harping on the whole time with the same old complaints, and derailing the thread. If I didn't want Ninty back, I wouldn't post anything in this thread at all...
    Spot on.
  • Ashleyfiddes 15 Jul 2013 10:27:32 980 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    -
    Pikmin 3 (9/9/9/10, 37 points): While this game scored one point less than Nintendo's other release of the week (Mario & Luigi), all of Famitsu's reviewers were in agreement that the new Wii U-y features involved in this sequel made the game a lot more expansive than before.

"The feel of the backgrounds and so on is wonderful and really throw you into the game," Ebihara said. "You can switch the screen to the GamePad with a single button, which works great as well. You're now switching between three guys as you explore, giving a neat new sense of novelty to the play. The Bingo Battle multiplayer lets you get in the way of your opponent, and while it's just a bonus more than anything else, battles can get pretty heated."

"You have more characters to control and can send them on separate tasks," added Jigoro Ashida, "so the puzzles here are a lot deeper than before. In order to carry out your work efficiently, you have to think carefully about how to use the auto-move function and other stuff, and it's a lot of fun. I like how you can see what each Pikmin is doing at all times at a glance using the GamePad."
    Seems to me like we could expect an 8
  • Pinky_Floyd 15 Jul 2013 11:45:03 8,039 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Just placed my pre-order with shopto as had a small paypal balance which just about covered it. Looking good!
  • Armoured_Bear 15 Jul 2013 11:48:05 11,348 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I have to finish The Last of Us and try and get more of a a dent in Ni No Kuni and Dark Souls more it comes out but the weather is too good :-(

XBL : ecosse011172
    PSN : ecosse_011172
    NNID : armoured_bear

• Pinky_Floyd 15 Jul 2013 13:21:37 8,039 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    EG's review won't be up until Monday. Poop!
  • Bremenacht 15 Jul 2013 13:59:56 18,719 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I so hope it doesn't score more than an 8. I'll have a moment of doubt if it does. I really don't want to find myself on ShopTo's Wii U page - it'll be a low.
  • Pinky_Floyd 15 Jul 2013 14:04:05 8,039 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Bremenacht wrote:
    I so hope it doesn't score more than an 8. I'll have a moment of doubt if it does. I really don't want to find myself on ShopTo's Wii U page - it'll be a low.
    Yup, am now sitting in the office buck naked - all sense of dignity removed and my man boobs are on show for the world to see.
  • Bremenacht 15 Jul 2013 14:14:09 18,719 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Oh god! It's a 9!!
  • Pinky_Floyd 15 Jul 2013 14:15:57 8,039 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Bremenacht wrote:
    Oh god! It's 9 inches!!
    Yes, I know.

Edited by Pinky_Floyd at 14:18:45 15-07-2013
  • Deleted user 15 July 2013 14:38:41