Pikmin 3 Page 11

• Page

of 21 First / Last

• elvenscroll 25 Jul 2013 13:14:56 1,400 posts
    Seen 23 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    TearYouAsunder wrote:
    Pikmin are here!!!

Arrived from Game this morning, seldom use them but couldn't pass up on the exclusive (and suitably tiny) keyring.

Cant wait to play this later!
    This. Stuck at work then have to take the missus shopping. /o\

Pleasantly surprised at Game. I certainly didn't expect it early.

NNID/PSN - Chipworm

• Pinky_Floyd 25 Jul 2013 13:15:16 7,896 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Ashleyfiddes wrote:
    its always hard when you hear other people have their copies early
    I couldn't care less.
  • Pinky_Floyd 25 Jul 2013 13:15:26 7,896 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I lied :(
  • Luckyjim 25 Jul 2013 14:48:15 2,873 posts
    Seen 6 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Got my copy this morning. Already put a few hours in. It's absolutely delightful. Say what you like about Nintendo but they really know how to craft a game.
  • MatMan562 25 Jul 2013 15:26:28 2,459 posts
    Seen 23 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    This is absolutely fantastic! I've played through the first week now (the last 3 or 4 days were all my last day before stopping :-P ) and every thing just feels that little bit better than the previous games and I like how sci-fi they've made it feel, I never really thought of it as a sci-fi game before. Even the keyring is pretty cool too!

I can't wait to play more but I'm worried I'm going to fly through it so I'm trying to pace myself a little!

XBL/ PSN/ Steam/ NNID - MatMan562

• ronuds 25 Jul 2013 15:53:37 21,788 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Seems like one of those games where you can put in 20 hours straight and not realize day has turned to night... and back to day again.
  • Razz 25 Jul 2013 17:00:07 61,200 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Eurogamer live stream starting now

--------------------------------------------------------------------
    Steam/PSN/XBOX: Razztafarai | 3DS: 1246-9674-8856
    --------------------------------------------------------------------

• JiveHound 25 Jul 2013 19:44:05 2,437 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    So Game have been sending download codes out early yet I can't seem to buy from the website?

Is it just in store code purchases so far?

If not I guess I'll wait until tomorrow. I'm at least glad to see that they're selling the game for a much more reasonable 40 notes online on eshop as opposed to the 50 rrp they started with.

Live: Jive Hands
    PSN: Jive_Hands

• Red_Bool 25 Jul 2013 22:29:32 1,173 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Played through the first 2 days just now and it looks LOVELY:D The water effects and depth of field are superb! Plays like a dream as well (using the gamepad, might try the wiimote later on). All the memories from the gamecube came flooding back while playing.

Had to force myself to stop since I have to go to work tomorrow... I'm curious to see what my kids think of this tomorrow :)
  • RyanDS 25 Jul 2013 22:33:05 9,356 posts
    Seen 16 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Youthist wrote:
    RyanDS wrote:
    Youthist wrote:
    Does it look like a Cube game?
    Backgrounds yes, models look current gen going by reviews.
    fan boy
    Fan boy of what?  I was just repeating what the edge review said.  Looks lovely with awful background.
  • kirinnokoshin 25 Jul 2013 22:54:34 62 posts
    Seen 24 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Just finished the first two days. Like the original, it makes think of watching button moon as a little kid. Magic.
  • Pinky_Floyd 25 Jul 2013 22:57:22 7,896 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    RyanDS wrote:
    Youthist wrote:
    RyanDS wrote:
    Youthist wrote:
    Does it look like a Cube game?
    Backgrounds yes, models look current gen going by reviews.
    fan boy
    Fan boy of what?  I was just repeating what the edge review said.  Looks lovely with awful background.
    What you smoking bro?  Give me some.  Edge said nothing of the sort.  They said the ground textures were a bit flat but everything else was lovingly rendered.  No, the ground textures are not 'awful' and even those are a gigantic leap over the gamecube, as you would expect.

Excerpt:

While the shift to HD is clearly a gigantic leap forward from the blurry GameCube originals, ground textures are flat and muddy looking.
  • Bremenacht 25 Jul 2013 23:04:40 18,242 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    He's kidding ya.
  • Sid-Nice 25 Jul 2013 23:11:58 15,852 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    He's regretting selling his Wii U.

NNID Sid-Nice

• Pinky_Floyd 25 Jul 2013 23:49:17 7,896 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Has Pikmin 3 saved Nintendo yet?
  • Bremenacht 26 Jul 2013 00:02:42 18,242 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Nothing can save them! No, let's not do that. There's the AmDram thread for that.

I want to read lovely posts about how lovely Pikmin 3 is in here.

ed. here! not there!

Edited by Bremenacht at 00:04:18 26-07-2013
  • Bremenacht 26 Jul 2013 00:03:28 18,242 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Like this one!

Red_Bool wrote:
    Played through the first 2 days just now and it looks LOVELY:D The water effects and depth of field are superb! Plays like a dream as well (using the gamepad, might try the wiimote later on). All the memories from the gamecube came flooding back while playing.

Had to force myself to stop since I have to go to work tomorrow... I'm curious to see what my kids think of this tomorrow :)
    Moaaar.
  • Pinky_Floyd 26 Jul 2013 00:23:08 7,896 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Digital purchases definitely gonna skew sales figures given Game caused a rush by releasing keys early.  Actually releasing the keys was ok, Nintendo failed to timelock the release. 

Im still jealous.  Please arrive tomorrow little Pikmin.
  • vyseofhr 26 Jul 2013 07:53:51 846 posts
    Seen 57 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    This game is utterly, utterly wonderful.

Played the first 7 days last night, had real difficulty in eventually putting it down. What a beautiful looking game.

NNID: vyseofhr
    PSN ID: vyseofhr
    3DS Friend Code: 0387-8875-0494

• Frogofdoom 26 Jul 2013 07:53:56 887 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I have a confession to make, the day ended and i had forgotten about 3 pikmin. They made a desperate run for the ship but were savaged by a beastie.......im sorry guys :(

in memoriam of

tarquin, cuthburt and ralph
  • Ashleyfiddes 26 Jul 2013 08:02:33 980 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @Frogofdoom oh god you have named them ;( never name them. If you do you start the shame spiral that plagued me throughout pikmin 1 you kill a few off get drunk I their memory kill more off drink to cover your guilt at having been the reason they died then drink even more until you decide to end all their pain and walk your elite squad of red pikmin straight into the river.
  • Frogofdoom 26 Jul 2013 08:30:54 887 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    some multiplayer footage for those that havent seen it

http://uk.ign.com/videos/2013/07/25/ign-plays-pikmin-3-bingo-battle

looks fun :D
  • Ultrasoundwave 26 Jul 2013 08:55:32 3,300 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Did the first hour last night : captivating, charming and completely engrossing.

Ill admit it, playing games like this and NSMBU offer a really nice change of pace when you're used to COD, Last of Us, Metro, etc.

My WiiU is finally back in action!

"The worst part is, I'll have to have the break-up sex with myself!"

• Progguitarist 26 Jul 2013 09:36:48 10,439 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Wish I wasn't completely broke :(

This looks like the perfect game for me at the moment.
  • Pinky_Floyd 26 Jul 2013 12:01:52 7,896 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    *Begin bulletin........

THE WHOLE INTERNET MUST KNOW THAT MY COPY OF PIKMIN 3 HAS ARRIVED....

....... End bulletin*
  • Ashleyfiddes 26 Jul 2013 12:07:47 980 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    and mine hasn't :( fucking amazon
  • Ashleyfiddes 26 Jul 2013 12:08:21 980 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    got it delivered to my work address as well so will have to wait until Monday earliest
  • Pinky_Floyd 27 Jul 2013 08:28:33 7,896 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Pikminners, get your impressions on the go!

Ok, played about 5 days last night and had a thoroughly great time.  The graphics are superb, almost looks like a real garden, the foliage, fruit, sky and trees all look lush.  Ground textures seem perfectly fine to me. 

Been playing with the gamepad and no control issues so far but I only have 2 captains and havent split them up much yet.

The actual gameplay is brilliant.  You can see where you need to go and figuring out how to get there is half the fun.  Remembering spots to revisit later when you have the correct pikmin and tools should be fun!  Found a soft mound of earth in the side of a wall but couldnt explore as ran out of time for the day.

You can leave fruit anywhere and it will still be there the next day, useful.  Fruit looks good enough to eat!

Zap the butterflies with your pikmin for a nice surprise if you are new to the game.

First boss was class!  The transparency effects are outstanding.  You can damage the boss one day then come back the next and they are still damaged.

Love throwing my other captain and pikmin around to solve puzzles.  Days dont seem to last very long but you will have stacks of fun while there!

Ive already started going back to the first area and opened up new paths.

Nothing amazing happening on the gamepad but its functionally excellent with the map on hand for setting waypoints.  Taking pictures is cool, bit like Lego City Undercover.

The Pikmin are cute as hell.  Cute but stupid lol. 

Just exploring is lots of fun.  Have enough fruit so far so hopefully juggling explore time with the urgency of the main mission wont be a problem.

In a sentence then:  Charming, funny, gorgeous, fun, puzzling, easy to play and if you have a Wii U then its definitely a must buy!
  • Frogofdoom 27 Jul 2013 08:37:52 887 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    must resist urge to turn on pikmin now...was just about to go for a run and then you post this.

evil evil man!
  • Deleted user 27 July 2013 09:47:00
    I popped to Game yesterday and picked up Luigi and this. Id never played a Pikmin game before but i have to say its bloody wonderful isnt it.
  • Page

of 21 First / Last