ZombiU Page 5

• Page

of 8 First / Last

• quadfather 31 Dec 2012 14:16:40 11,861 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Argh, you're not helping! :) But cheers for the opinions - I'm sure I'll love it when I get it. It's just the stupid January cash flow that's stopping me at the moment

I reckon I'll love it - I've bought pretty much every survival horror game over the decades, so I'm buggered if I'm missing out on this one!

I still use my wii quite healthily too, the Wiimake of resident evil being the last one I played, only a week ago.

I just simply need to get one.

I think I've convinced myself now :)

psn quaddy456, Dark Souls tips

• Luckyjim 31 Dec 2012 14:37:55 2,872 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Got this on order from Shopto. I was hoping it'd arrive today but it apparently won't. Maybe Wednesday now.
  • Luckyjim 2 Jan 2013 16:31:50 2,872 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Just spent a few hours on this. What were Gamespot and IGN smoking when they rated this game? It's really good. Scariest game I've played in a long time. Anyone disappointed in the direction RE's taken in recent years should give this a shot.
  • Blakester 2 Jan 2013 16:35:24 3,578 posts
    Seen 23 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Picked this up at lunchtime, really excited to give it a bash this evening.

When you can't see the angles on the wall you're in trouble.

• Gregolution 2 Jan 2013 18:54:31 3,170 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Luckyjim wrote:
    Just spent a few hours on this. What were Gamespot and IGN smoking when they rated this game? It's really good. Scariest game I've played in a long time. Anyone disappointed in the direction RE's taken in recent years should give this a shot.
    Well said
  • Blakester 3 Jan 2013 09:19:58 3,578 posts
    Seen 23 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Started this last night and it is indeed as creepy and atmospheric as others have mentioned. The narrative through the gamepad speakers is a brilliant touch.

It is also unfortunately the first game I've played that gives a little motion sickness. I can't work out if it's because the controls are a little loose, or because of the need to keep switching between screens. Hope it wears off or I'll have to trade it in.

• Armoured_Bear 3 Jan 2013 10:48:37 10,288 posts
    Seen 51 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @Blakester
    It also gave me motion sickness on my first go, I'm hoping it doesn't continue :-(

XBL : ecosse011172
    PSN : ecosse_011172
    NNID : armoured_bear

• Blakester 3 Jan 2013 11:08:22 3,578 posts
    Seen 23 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @Armoured_Bear

I'm pretty sure it's the switching between screens causing it, but it could also be the general gloom of the opening screens and the disorientation caused by the torch light.

I haven't felt this rough from a gaming session since my first day with the 3DS.

• Gregolution 3 Jan 2013 12:52:53 3,170 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    lol weird. Stick with it for a while, most likely you'll get used to it. I can't say i've experienced the same and I'm usually susceptible to that sort of thing.
  • Raiko101 3 Jan 2013 14:58:31 6,078 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I only got motion sickness through a game once and that was with TimeSplitters 2. It only happened the once, fortunately.

3DS: 4210 4002 8289 (Dave)
    Wii U: Raiko87
    Xbox Live: Raiko87

• AgeOfChaos 3 Jan 2013 16:50:56 255 posts
    Seen 5 months ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Luckyjim wrote:
    Just spent a few hours on this. What were Gamespot and IGN smoking when they rated this game? .
    It's beacuase its not set in Miami.
  • Deleted user 7 January 2013 11:27:18
    I'm just watching the Games Radar quick look on Youtube and it's doing a really good job of selling this to me.

Might have to have a look for the best WiiU bundle deal I can find, this looks to offer gameplay I haven't been able to get elsewhere.

I haven't played a decent survival horror for yonks.
  • Kangoo 8 Jan 2013 09:53:13 1,015 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Finally started playing this properly last night, was really enjoying it and getting into the atmosphere. Finished the first mission and was told to get back to base quickly, ran to a door with a load of zombies behind me pressed the open button and just got a loading message.

Completely ruined everything I had put into it up to that point and lost my character with a full backpack as well.

Is this a major design flaw or has no one else come across it?

PSN: Adwab2

• roz123 8 Jan 2013 21:55:24 7,112 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Demo is apparently on the eShop but you can only download it late at night
  • Deckard1 8 Jan 2013 22:04:08 27,203 posts
    Seen 1 second ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Haha, what? Late at night?
  • Progguitarist 9 Jan 2013 00:35:01 10,401 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    They mostly download at night, mostly.
  • quadfather 9 Jan 2013 13:52:44 11,861 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Can some zombi U owner answer a quick question for me? Mate of mine has it and he says that he's come across infected survivors that he's pretty sure wasn't him playing them before they died.

Do you see other people's infected advisors from their games, or are they just AI ones chucked in by the game for good measure?

Edited by quadfather at 13:53:52 09-01-2013

• captbirdseye 9 Jan 2013 13:56:46 4,785 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Yeah, if your online other people who've died will appear.
  • Deleted user 9 January 2013 13:57:51
    Other peoples
  • quadfather 9 Jan 2013 13:58:50 11,861 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Cool, thanks chaps

• Deleted user 9 January 2013 20:52:14
    So is the demo up on the eShop? I will certainly gives this some investigation if so.
  • DrDamn 11 Jan 2013 11:19:05 1,215 posts
    Seen 22 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Yes it is, though you can only grab it between the hours of 11pm until 3 or 4am.
  • Blakester 11 Jan 2013 11:35:01 3,578 posts
    Seen 23 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Thankfully my motion sickness with this game has subsided so I've been able to give it a good bash over the week.

I really like the visual style of it, especially when you get outdoors. It's very cinematic and helps with the immersion. The audio via the gamepad is sublime, so much so that I actually miss the feature when I go back to playing on the 360.
    The radar feature and the way it heightens the tension gives me great hope for the forthcoming Aliens game.

It's quite unforgiving though, so once the zombies get a a grip on you, you're pretty much fucked.

• NOSAVIOUR 11 Jan 2013 11:40:00 2,804 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @Blakester This may be why I was wondering why the audio drops in places. I've had the audio down on the gamepad! Doh
  • PrivateFloyd 14 Jan 2013 22:25:58 4,106 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Played a few hours of this and really enjoying it.

very slight gameplay (not story) related spoiler was in buckingham palace, got all cocky because i found a shortcut round some zombies into a crawlspace. Went through it and one of the fuckers pulled me out of it!! He screamed, I screamed. Everyone screamed.

There really is a sense of being underpowered which adds to the tension, each encounter weighed up, a slight criticism in that when met by more than 2 zombies there is some strategic barrier placement for you to hop over and get a few free swings.

It really is a hybrid of dark souls gameplay mechanics and L4D atmosphere. Superb stuff.

And the gamepad also adds to the immersion. another slight spoiler set off an alarm and there is a keypad next to me, on the wall are 3 numbers scrawled in blood and a handprint where the 4th letter should be. When you attempt to enter the code the tv viewpoint switches to an incoming horde. 4 guesses sees me running into a safe room unscathed. Awesome.

I also met an online zombie full of looooot tonight. chocked full of molotovs/grenades and flares. Which as a tip, if you are faced with a few zombies, chuck a flare, wait for them to gather then roll a grenade in. Job done.

Great stuff.

Goat is hungry.....

• jellyhead 15 Jan 2013 15:50:48 24,350 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I'm really enjoying this. I'm going through survivors like sweets but mainly when i get rushed because i was careless.

I'm at the gates to Buckingham Palace and pegged it back to the safe house to save before heading back to progress later on.

I've started to use the 180 turn button more and it saved my ass last night when i picked up an item and an infected clambered up behind me. Heard a moan, pinged radar, dot behind be, spin and the crack of skull on willow resounded. Previously i'd have been Zombie chow using the sticks.

Are barricades useful? I don't bother with planks anymore as i'd rather use the space for other things.

Also, if you pick up a weapon put it in one of the weapon slots as it frees up a backpack slot as well as being close to hand.

Cheers for the heads up about flares, Floyd. Would have been useful to remember that during the first siege. Lost 2 people there.

Also, from the Safe House if you go right there's a fence you have to crawl through. I should have funneled them through that and dealt with them one on one.

This signature intentionally left blank.

• Buenos_Estente 16 Jan 2013 11:17:23 268 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    So tried to download demo for this last night.. but it was before 11pm so denied - Nintendo this sucks sort it out!

3ds - 3909-7778-4988 / Xbox live - Buenos E
    PSN/NNID - Buenos1980

• jellyhead 16 Jan 2013 11:35:01 24,350 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Buenos_Estente wrote:
    So tried to download demo for this last night.. but it was before 11pm so denied - Nintendo this sucks sort it out!
    Blame the Germans. Nintendo even have a notice on the system saying as much.

:)

This signature intentionally left blank.

• Raiko101 16 Jan 2013 11:37:51 6,078 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Nintendo really should have sorted this before launching the eShop.

3DS: 4210 4002 8289 (Dave)
    Wii U: Raiko87
    Xbox Live: Raiko87

• Page

of 8 First / Last