Forum Awards 2012

• Page

of 7 First / Last

Previous
  • DFawkes 21 Nov 2012 14:18:59 22,584 posts
    Seen 16 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Is it really that time of year again, Fawkes?

Yes indeed it is, that time where you all have the opportunity to vote for your compatriots for little/no reason, the mostly unofficial Forum Awards 2012! If you've come far enough to click on the thread then you must be interested, surely? If you're trying to be apathetic about this, you're already doing it wrong.

Given the recent changes in EG editorial policy which you can read up on GamesAid yourself?

As such, I'm afraid there will be no prizes this year. I do apologise for this inconvenience, and I may change my mind later, but at this time I feel it'd be more responsible to say no prizes and surprise you with them, rather than say prizes and not have any to give. All you win this year is the prize of being able to honestly display your award in your sig. Yes, really! Or you could just lie anyway, no-one will care.

If you'd like something, may I suggest the EG Advent Calendar where everyone who enters will get something, and the more the merrier :)

After checking with people, it seems the less positive categories were missed last year, so there are some this year. Without further ado, here are the categories you can vote for and get it counted. If you make up your own and vote for it, I'm not counting it. So there.

Forum Award 2012 Categories

Best Forumite - For general awesomeness. Maybe they aren't funny, or nice, or helpful, but helped you get that bastard achievement where you ran off that bloody cliff a hundred times and assassinated that prick Elite but it didn't fucking count AGAIN, and he told you to hit the button earlier. Stuff like that.

Funniest Forumite - I'm sure you know what funny means. It's what I'm utterly failing at here.

Nicest Forumite - Again, if you're having trouble just read the tone of pretty much any thread. It's the opposite of that.

Best Mod - I'll let you decide what "best" means here. Please make sure it's a current Mod - previous Mods won't be counted for this(though do please feel free to vote for them in other categories). Just to be super clear, NOT KALEL ;)

The FooAtari Award for Services to the Forum - For those that have went above and beyond to just be upstanding people in general.

Thread of the Year - Whatever your favourite is, do share! Maybe it's because it raised some laughs, or maybe it's such a clusterfuck you can't help but enjoy it. It doesn't have to have ben created this year, just posted in.

Most Helpful - The most helpful forumite, whether it be advice or telling you that you're factually wrong.

Many thanks to Chopsen for the following awards:

Trolliest Troll - obviously, the person most likely to post something with the primary intention of illiciting a response. Not just someone who disagrees with you sometimes, or someone that's a bit of a fanboy.

Most Consistently Offensive - Speaks for itself, though I'd prefer you stay away from banned users. I'm not the boss of you though. Heck, I won't even check if it's a real EG users so vote for your genitals if you want to.

The Hot Air Special Award - For forumite who posts the most but contributes the least.

Stupiderest (sic, which stands for spelling intentionally crap. True story) Forumite - There is plenty of stupid stuff coming from pretty much everyone at some time, but some people make the extra effort to abuse the privilege of people able to post things to the internet.

Right, I'm in! How do I vote though? I NEED TO KNOW!

Calm down down, I'll tell you. It's up to you how to vote. You can either:

1. PM me your votes, if you prefer they be kept private
    2. Post them here

Given some people wanted to post in the thread itself last year, I'll allow it. All I ask is you pick one method - don't PM and post here, pick one of the other. Thank you :)

You can vote for as many or as few categories as you like, as long as you only submit votes once. Obviously since I won't count them until the first week of January, feel free to edit your posts if you post in the thread. If you chose not to vote for a category by PM, I'm afraid you can't add that at a later date as it'll make vote counting a lot more fiddly and a pain in the arse.

Voting will close on December 31st, at 11:59pm., though given I'll be asleep I'll probably give it until morning if you just miss that.

I think that's everything, but if I've missed anything obvious just ask away :)

Copy and Pastable Voting Form for the Lazy
    ------------------------------------------

Best Forumite -
    Funniest Forumite -
    Nicest Forumite -
    Best Mod -
    The FooAtari Award -
    Thread of the Year -
    Most Helpful -

Trolliest Troll -
    Most Consistently Offensive -
    The Hot Air Special Award -
    Stupiderest Forumite -

Edited by DFawkes at 17:53:11 31-12-2012

I'd kick the living daylights out of the producers of Tipping Point - Ghandi

• Gambit1977 21 Nov 2012 14:22:35 9,583 posts
    Seen 45 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Best Forumite - Higgins
    Funniest Forumite - Deckard1
    Nicest Forumite - joelstinton
    Best Mod - kalel
    Thread of the Year - The Wii U thread in about 2 weeks

Trolliest Troll - Dirtbox
    Most Consistently Offensive - mowgli
    The Hot Air Special Award - Higgins
    Stupiderest Forumite - Higgins
  • kalel 21 Nov 2012 14:26:24 86,259 posts
    Seen 49 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Didn't we used to have a "special recognition for services to the forum type" award?

I was thinking maybe that could be renamed the FooAtari award...
  • psychokitten Moderator 21 Nov 2012 14:29:02 7,794 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    kalel wrote:
    Didn't we used to have a "special recognition for services to the forum type" award?

That's a lovely idea, I vote we put that on in pronto before everyone gets their votes in
  • Mola_Ram 21 Nov 2012 14:31:59 6,945 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    How about 'best new forum person'? So it's not just about the people who have been here for ages.
  • Syrette 21 Nov 2012 14:35:20 43,060 posts
    Seen 51 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    How can you possibly have awards for a games forum and not have a "biggest fanboy" category?

For shame.

• Stickman 21 Nov 2012 14:35:40 29,656 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    There is usually a best newcomer category, but they're all shit this year.

THIS SPACE FOR RENT

• DFawkes 21 Nov 2012 14:35:41 22,584 posts
    Seen 16 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    psychokitten wrote:
    kalel wrote:

That's a lovely idea, I vote we put that on in pronto before everyone gets their votes in
    Agreed, shall add that just now.

Obviously as a special case Gambit1977 can edit his post to add his vote for that if he wishes :)

• Gambit1977 21 Nov 2012 14:36:39 9,583 posts
    Seen 45 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    :D I was far too quick!
    yeah, I get told that a lot!
  • LeoliansBro 21 Nov 2012 14:37:22 43,155 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I demand 'Most Capitalist Forumite'!

LB, you really are a massive geek.

• Whizzo 21 Nov 2012 14:37:33 43,031 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    2012 Best Mod - Bradley Wiggins is the obvious vote isn't it?

This space left intentionally blank.

• Armoured_Bear 21 Nov 2012 14:38:02 10,243 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    kalel wrote:

Great idea.

XBL : ecosse011172
    PSN : ecosse_011172
    NNID : armoured_bear

• Mola_Ram 21 Nov 2012 14:39:34 6,945 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Stickman wrote:
    There is usually a best newcomer category, but they're all shit this year.
    You come too newly. Quickly. Yeaah.

I was implying that you ejaculate too quickly during sex.
  • sport 21 Nov 2012 14:40:34 12,508 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Best McIntyre impression award anyone?
  • Stickman 21 Nov 2012 14:41:22 29,656 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    You see my point.

THIS SPACE FOR RENT

• DFawkes 21 Nov 2012 14:41:48 22,584 posts
    Seen 16 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Syrette wrote:
    How can you possibly have awards for a games forum and not have a "biggest fanboy" category?
    Because some of the vitriol and unpleasantness surrounding that last year was deeply unsettling, especially in the privacy of the PMed votes. I'm not having that again. Plus most fanboys are also stupid and/or troll a bit, so you can deal with it that way if you like :)

• Syrette 21 Nov 2012 14:43:27 43,060 posts
    Seen 51 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    DFawkes wrote:
    Syrette wrote:
    Because some of the vitriol and unpleasantness surrounding that last year was deeply unsettling, especially in the privacy of the PMed votes. I'm not having that again. Plus most fanboys are also stupid and/or troll a bit, so you can deal with it that way if you like :)
    That's what happens when you deal with Nintendo fanboys. Shit gets violent.

• nickthegun 21 Nov 2012 14:47:51 58,782 posts
    Seen 27 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    LeoliansBro wrote:
    I demand 'Most Capitalist Forumite'!
    The guy who complained he didnt inherit enough money from a dead relative.

---------------------------------------------------------
    He totally called it

• Ultrasoundwave 21 Nov 2012 14:50:44 3,264 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Heres your Thread of the Year.

Hands down.

"The worst part is, I'll have to have the break-up sex with myself!"

• BillMurray 21 Nov 2012 14:54:00 7,604 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Thread of the year has to go to the Cheese & Burger Society thread and wobbly_Bob's heroic effort/intestinal strength.

Best forumite has to go to boo for the sterling work he does with the EG Secret Santa each year.

Edited by BillMurray at 14:57:37 21-11-2012
  • Deckard1 21 Nov 2012 14:55:11 27,066 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Was it this year mowgli shit himself?
  • Whizzo 21 Nov 2012 14:55:28 43,031 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Post You Wish You Hadn't Read 2012 - this one in the vasectomy thread.

Edited by Whizzo at 14:57:19 21-11-2012

• ryohazuki1983 21 Nov 2012 14:55:40 727 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Only two popped into my head.

Nicest Forumite - boo
    The Hot Air Special Award - kalel
  • spamdangled 21 Nov 2012 14:56:28 27,269 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Deckard1 wrote:
    Was it this year mowgli shit himself?
    Yep.

3DS: 4055-2781-2855 Xbox: spamdangled PSN: dark_morgan Wii U: Spamdangle Steam: spamdangled

• kalel 21 Nov 2012 14:58:06 86,259 posts
    Seen 49 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I don't really get what this hot air thing is about, but I'm always happy to get some recognition for my efforts.
  • Whizzo 21 Nov 2012 14:58:42 43,031 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Did you buy a hair dryer kalel?

• kalel 21 Nov 2012 15:00:25 86,259 posts
    Seen 49 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    A great, a bald dig. I'll add that to the short and gay ones I've already taken today.

Is there a punchbag award?
  • L_Franko Moderator 21 Nov 2012 15:03:29 9,694 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Am I losing large parts of my memory or has this year really gone by that quickly?
  • sport 21 Nov 2012 15:04:11 12,508 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    kalel wrote:
    A great, a bald dig. I'll add that to the short and gay ones I've already taken today.

Is there a punchbag award?
    pfft, bloody jews!
  • kalel 21 Nov 2012 15:04:43 86,259 posts
    Seen 49 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Heh.
  • Page

of 7 First / Last

Previous