• Short-Round 17 Feb 2014 19:34:04 1,181 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Flying_Pig wrote:
    PazJohnMitch wrote:
    If you want the full title it is:

Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky
    Possibly the best RPG on the PSP.
    I bought this damn game months ago, based solely on you always raving about it, but I haven't even downloaded it to my Vita :/ What's so good about it? Reviews I read make it sound like a wall-of-text.

For context, the only rpg I've ever completed is Shining Force (Megadrive), which I adore. I got 10 hrs in to the PS1 Final Fantasy's back in the day, have a bunch stacked up for my 3DS like Chrono Trigger and Bravely Default. What's so great about about TiTS, why do you rate it so highly?

I've actually started Kingdoms of Amalur (thanks PS+) and I'm enjoying it - it's like a 'my first Western rpg' for those of us who don't play these type of games.

I also wanted to pour scorn on people not buying Tearaway, waiting for it to go to plus; for shame. It's great, and a refreshing change from what passes as a game these days.
  • Murbal 17 Feb 2014 20:20:56 21,928 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Everyone I know who's completed TitS has raved about it. Personally, I put a couple of hours in and never went back. Too many distractions you see, not the fault of the game.

I promise I will. One day.
  • CosmicFuzz 17 Feb 2014 20:26:38 23,294 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Just started Tearaway. Amazing.

Looking for a new gaming podcast to listen to? LOOK NO FURTHER!

• FatSternKikwi 17 Feb 2014 20:37:18 536 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I need to hide my Vita until I finish all my psp UMD games. Then I can shelf my psp for good.
  • Vortex808 17 Feb 2014 21:48:33 6,973 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    CosmicFuzz wrote:
    Just started Tearaway. Amazing.
    :D

It's brilliant isn't it? It's what completely sold me on what the vita could be. To an extent it also reminded me of what a simple joy games can be to play when they try.

I really think the Vita has rekindled my interest in games after getting a bit jaded with the usual sequelitis of the big guns.

Edited by Vortex808 at 21:49:00 17-02-2014
  • CosmicFuzz 17 Feb 2014 22:08:29 23,294 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Yup, it handles so many of the vita's features without feeling gimmicky, and I just love the look of the world that they've created. Grin like a look everything I see my stupid face in the sun :D

I bought it in the states but lost it (read: stolen from suitcase at airport) before I had a chance to play it. Girlfriend bought it for me again after a particularly bad day, so I've definitely given the devs enough money! Really hope it keeps up the quality the whole way through!

Looking for a new gaming podcast to listen to? LOOK NO FURTHER!

• hypoBla5t 17 Feb 2014 22:22:39 1,362 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I wanted to love TiTS but there was just too much text there. I do love a good story but it really was overkill for me: Had a couple of good goes at it, put 15+ hours in but can't face any more.
  • PazJohnMitch 17 Feb 2014 22:29:44 7,830 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Murbal wrote:
    Everyone I know who's completed TitS has raved about it. Personally, I put a couple of hours in and never went back. Too many distractions you see, not the fault of the game.

I promise I will. One day.
    I loved it but I can understand getting put off. It does give a lot of story all in one go. (Something like 6 cutscenes of 40 minutes. One of which is at the very beginning). Would be more palatable if it divided them up better. Say 24 of 10 minutes.

Very much looking forward to the sequel.
  • Flying_Pig 17 Feb 2014 22:43:48 10,707 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Short-Round wrote:
    Flying_Pig wrote:
    PazJohnMitch wrote:
    If you want the full title it is:

Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky
    Possibly the best RPG on the PSP.
    I bought this damn game months ago, based solely on you always raving about it, but I haven't even downloaded it to my Vita :/ What's so good about it? Reviews I read make it sound like a wall-of-text.

For context, the only rpg I've ever completed is Shining Force (Megadrive), which I adore. I got 10 hrs in to the PS1 Final Fantasy's back in the day, have a bunch stacked up for my 3DS like Chrono Trigger and Bravely Default. What's so great about about TiTS, why do you rate it so highly?
    It's hard it nail exactly what it is about TitS which makes me love it so. As some context, the only other JRPGs I've played are Chrono Trigger, FFVII, Jeanne d'Arc and Persona 2. I really disliked, but loved the others - especially Chrono Trigger and Jeanne d'Arc.

TitS has such a magical story - mainly about the relationship between the 2 main characters - Estelle and Joshua, wrapped up in the wider world with some brilliant individuals you meet along the way - especially Olivier! There's a lot of text, and it's slow to get going, but once it kicks off the games just keeps tracking along. The combat is relatively simple, without becoming same-y or too easy to be dull, and the game eschews the endless random and unavoidable encounters - you generally only fight when you want to.

I will be buying TitS Second Chapter the day it comes out just to be able to continue Estelle and Joshua's story.
  • Flying_Pig 28 Mar 2014 13:17:00 10,707 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    April (live from 2nd April)
    - Sly 4: Thieves in Time (Cross-buy)
    - Hotline Miami (Cross-Buy)
    - MotoGP 14
  • TheMayorOfJugs 28 Mar 2014 13:20:27 3,082 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Have and have. Moto GP though :-D

First bad Vita month for me but whatevz.
  • imamazed 28 Mar 2014 13:23:12 5,524 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I've nearly bought Hotline Miami so many times, result!

Couldn't resist Sly 4 the other month though /o\
  • Vortex808 28 Mar 2014 13:27:26 6,973 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Hotline Miami is great. I got it in the last sale and had a blast with it.
  • bunglebonce 28 Mar 2014 13:32:50 2,108 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I bought Sly 4 for the Vita in a sale and it wasn't cross-buy. I didn't enjoy it much [loved Sly 2 and the accessible stealth mechanics, but I felt 4 was just a bit bland with too many boring fetch-and-carry missions].

Nonetheless, I have someone in the family that would appreciate it on the PS3. I wonder if I can try to 'buy' it again in the IGC to get the PS3 version.

Edited by bunglebonce at 13:34:48 28-03-2014

PSN ID: erniewhatbert

• TarickStonefire 28 Mar 2014 13:33:40 2,901 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I bought Hotline Miami last month. I don't begrudge the fiver I spent as it was great for the week I spent on the game before finishing and deleting, but this is why PS Plus actually puts people off buying games.

Any Netflix library in the world for a couple of quid a month? Gimme!

• monkman76 2 Apr 2014 11:47:17 3,977 posts
    Seen 10 seconds ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    MotoGP 13

Hotline Miami
  • aros 2 Apr 2014 13:13:57 2,577 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I'd rather buy games when I want them than wait a six months or a year in the hope it will eventually become free.
  • aros 2 Apr 2014 13:14:29 2,577 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Can anyone who gets on with MotoGP post a driving for dummies guide? I was awful at it for the little I played after picking it up in a sale.
  • lucky_jim 28 May 2014 16:16:14 5,258 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    So, Dragon's Crown has been confirmed as one of the June games. Nice to have something I don't already own!
  • TarickStonefire 29 May 2014 06:39:21 2,901 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    aros wrote:
    I'd rather buy games when I want them than wait a six months or a year in the hope it will eventually become free.
    I get what you're saying completely, but with PSPlus it's like unless you buy a game at release, the longer you leave it to buy it the more likely that next month you'll be kicking yourself ;)

Any Netflix library in the world for a couple of quid a month? Gimme!

• jonsaan 29 May 2014 07:20:08 25,326 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    lucky_jim wrote:
    So, Dragon's Crown has been confirmed as one of the June games. Nice to have something I don't already own!
    YES! I have been after that for a while. It's always been a bit pricey for my liking though!

FCUTA!

• imamazed 29 May 2014 07:20:57 5,524 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    lucky_jim wrote:
    link?
  • mrpon 29 May 2014 07:31:05 28,480 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago

Give yourself 5 or gig, you're worth it.

• imamazed 29 May 2014 07:37:44 5,524 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    That makes up the list that was given yesterday (which PS said wasn't 100% accurate apparently).
  • mrpon 29 May 2014 07:39:13 28,480 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Dunno, apparently that was the sidebar from SEN before it was pulled.

Give yourself 5 or gig, you're worth it.

• Vortex808 29 May 2014 17:04:40 6,973 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Nice to see Dragon's Crown on there. I've been close to buying it a few times.

PS+ is ridiculous though- how the hell am I supposed to have time to play all these?

How long does Gravity Rush take to finish? I might try and start that to get it off the memory card.

The boy might have to face up to there being no more LBP or Tearaway o play soon too...
  • Zizoo 29 May 2014 17:08:24 8,115 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Great month for Vita owners.
  • kinky_mong 29 May 2014 17:25:26 9,974 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Zizoo wrote:
    Great month for Vita owners.
    It sure is! Very happy with Lone Survivor and Surge Deluxe as I was thinking of buying those.

I'll never get my Orc looking the same again.

• Trowel 29 May 2014 19:10:49 17,449 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Personally I found Dragon's Crown a bit of a mess on Vita - the screen is far too small for the action, and the rune symbols are basically impossible to touch during battle, rendering half of them useless.

More specifically relating to the game itself, it gets very repetitive very, very quickly.
  • aros 30 May 2014 11:01:02 2,577 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I enjoyed it a lot - I used the right stick when precise touch control was needed in short order. If you play online there's normally an expert who can do it quick snap. It's a great game IMO - my favourite of the side scrolling brawler genre for sure.

Really delighted Pixeljunk Ultimate is coming - thank you for the brand new game Sony :D
  • Page

of 35 First / Last