Playstation Plus (Vita) Page 18

• Page

of 39 First / Last

• aros 9 May 2013 10:16:45 3,082 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I got stuck on the level with the trash chutes - I managed to get through the chute the last time I played it but had too little super to survive the next section :(
  • lucky_jim 9 May 2013 11:16:59 5,326 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I bought a Vita yesterday, thanks to a tax rebate. I already have about 20 games for it, thanks to PS+ (I've been "purchasing" all the Vita giveaways, as I figured I'd probably end up with one sooner or later). I literally haven't bought a single title, price of the PS+ sub aside, and although Sony got their pound of flesh in the form of a 32gb memory card purchase (those prices take serious balls) I still feel like I've got a bit of a bargain.

PS+ can't be doing much for software sales though!
  • mrpon 9 May 2013 11:36:07 29,205 posts
    Seen 56 seconds ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Yeah my sub is effectively free as I just use my Nectar points to buy it via Sainsburys Entertainment.

No brainer, totally.

Give yourself £5 or ½ gig, you're worth it.

• bunglebonce 9 May 2013 11:37:43 2,204 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    @lucky_jim I'm in the same boat, having got a Vita & 16gb second hand from Stranded87 for £120 a month ago, plus already having all the 'free' PS+ content, I feel like I'm on to a winner to Sony's detriment. I've since bought a couple of indie titles to clear my guilt ;)

ETA: I had a go of Sine Mora last night. It's great and I'm delighted to have it, but it does make me hanker for Gradius V HD!

Edited by bunglebonce at 11:40:34 09-05-2013

PSN ID: erniewhatbert

• aros 10 May 2013 12:04:48 3,082 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    PS+ is amazing but it just makes me want to buy games constantly as it gets you used to the 'hit' of getting a new game!
  • Spectral 10 May 2013 12:07:47 5,009 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    @aros It has the opposite effect on me. It makes me not want to buy games in case they show up soon after on plus.
  • aros 10 May 2013 12:17:00 3,082 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    You must be patient - I'd rather have a game I want right away than wait 3 months to a year or more to see if it appears on Plus.

Remember if something gets a discount it's very unlikely to go free for a long time so when a game is released with 10% off for Plus you can safely buy it.

I'm just not the kind of person to want a game and be happy to wait six months to get it. Yeah, Sly will probably go free in November when they change the year's free games, but it's an amazing title that's well worth £20, every sale helps toward more games being made on Vita and it gave me some of the best fun I've had in a long time. If it goes free then I won't feel ripped off at all.

I guess if you can't stand the thought of paying for something that you could get free fills you with rage it would stop you from buying games but I'm happy to pay for something I enjoy rather than wait because it might eventually be free.

Each to their own, but it's a shame there are Vita owners that love the system but aren't prepared to support development on it beyond a Plus subscription. If everyone did that it would be impossible for any developer to turn a profit and the Vita would be as dead as a doormouse.

I would be interested to see if the people who don't buy games and wait for things to appear on Plus are among the richer forummers too.
  • Spectral 10 May 2013 12:21:17 5,009 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    But I'm coming to the vita now and it already has a significant catalog of downloadable games. A lot of the games I'm interested in aren't new releases and could go to plus anytime. I have been burnt on the PS3 a few times too, bought games from psn and then they've got to plus before I've got round to playing them. Also it doesn't seem to take that long for games to go free. while not new releases Arkham city, Mass effect 3, sleeping dogs,etc are hardly old.

Edit: Plus hasn't stopped me buying psn games, I buy a decent amount, I'm just more wary when doing so than I used to be.

Edited by Spectral at 12:23:29 10-05-2013
  • Spectral 10 May 2013 13:26:51 5,009 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    @DarkSpaceDS They probably purpously choose games whose digital sales have almost completely dried up. Who is going to pay £49.99 for a digital ME3 when you can get it from amazon for £10-15. plus I bet it shifts a fair amount of the dlc for the free games.

Edited by Spectral at 13:27:49 10-05-2013
  • Widge Moderator 10 May 2013 13:28:09 13,700 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I *guess* that it gets to a certain point of a games lifecycle when it stops getting shipped, after that point any extra sales are a bonus - so any sort of licence fee attracted from PSN+ is a bonus.

_ _ _

www.inverted-audio.com

• aros 10 May 2013 13:29:35 3,082 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Aye, once games are only selling second hand copies anyway, it makes sense for the publisher to take a flat fee and let people have the game free via +.

It is also to promote DLC as someone mentioned above, which is why the blog never replies to idiots complaining all the DLC should be free too.

Does anyone else buy a piece of DLC if they enjoy something they get free so that the publisher benefits? I had to pick up the Thomas Was Alone DLC as I definitely enjoyed the game enough to be happy to give them £2, it helped that the DLC was worth £2 too.

Edited by aros at 13:31:13 10-05-2013
  • Spectral 10 May 2013 13:33:50 5,009 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    @DarkSpaceDS But then you also get the people who might not have bought it anyway, get it as part of plus then fork out£20 or so on dlc.
  • Flying_Pig 10 May 2013 15:01:39 11,184 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Plus hasn't stopped me buying the games I want (Borderlands 2, Sly4, Soul Sacrifice etc), but has made me more cautious about picking up bargains, which'll sit on my shelf unplayed, as they may well turn up for 'free' in the next month or two.

Plus has actually introduced me to a few games I would never have considered buying - some in a positive way and some less so...
  • aros 13 May 2013 14:05:42 3,082 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I doubt most people have stopped buying games - going by comments online it only seems to be a tiny percent of people who have stopped buying new games because of the worry they could be free in a year.

If you've stopped buying cheap second hand games (which don't benefit the gaming industry) then that's what Plus was aiming for as second hand games don't give them any revenue anyway.

I think they have done their research that if someone picks up an old, but new, game for about £10, they are less likely to buy DLC than if they got the game for 'free' on Plus and the DLC is the profitable thing once games have dropped in price.

It makes perfect sense when you think about it, I would bet the % of people who have stopped buying games is less than 1%. Gamers, more so than any other medium, desire what is new and struggle to wait even small amounts of time, so I can't see many people going from buying all new games on release to being happy waiting a year for them to (maybe) go on +.
  • Widge Moderator 13 May 2013 14:30:11 13,700 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I'll get an highly anticipated title on release, something like Bioshock or Dark Souls. Everything else would usually be reduced to a bargain wait as I munch through my crazy Steam backlog.

_ _ _

www.inverted-audio.com

• Progguitarist 13 May 2013 15:45:45 10,481 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I'd buy Vita games but I'm struggling to think of anything I want.

Plus is pretty much the only reason I still have it. It's nice to try out a game I would normally never buy like Virtue's Last Reward.
  • heavy_salad 13 May 2013 17:46:27 729 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @DarkSpaceDS If you look at a lot of the games that go free (aside from indy titles) they're usually games with a sequel/DLC incoming, so it's probably an easier sell to publishers to put their games on there. I don't know what sort of deals they have with publishers to put their games on for free.

They're by and large games that have been out for a while and have probably essentially stopped selling.

But either way, it's ridiculous value for money at £39.99 for a year's sub.

Edited by heavy_salad at 17:46:58 13-05-2013
  • HiddenAway 15 May 2013 12:11:46 14,923 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Storming through the year. We haven't even got half way through May and we already know June's line-up!

Sine Mora -> Rayman Origins (5th June)
    Velocity Ultra -> Coconut Dodge: Revitalised (5th June)*

* Velocity Ultra will leave Plus on 12th June.

Edited by HiddenAway at 12:12:00 15-05-2013

On Twitter: @HiddenAway1

• greenmekon 15 May 2013 12:32:27 190 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Velocity is up to download now
  • Deleted user 15 May 2013 13:13:08
    aros wrote:
    Remember if something gets a discount it's very unlikely to go free for a long time so when a game is released with 10% off for Plus you can safely buy it.
    Sorry but that logic's very dodgy. ICO/SOTC are currently discounted but will be free next month, and Raymon was discounted a month or so ago and will be free next month too
  • Progguitarist 15 May 2013 21:40:01 10,481 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    What's Sine Mora like?
  • dsmx 15 May 2013 21:46:01 7,652 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    If you like side scrolling shooters it's a lot of fun, not an classic of the genre but it's a lot of fun blasting waves of enemy ships to pieces.

"If we hit that bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a a house of cards, checkmate." Zapp Brannigan

• jonsaan 15 May 2013 21:47:41 25,360 posts
    Seen 16 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    It looks amazing but it's a little repetitive imo.

FCUTA!

• Progguitarist 15 May 2013 22:53:21 10,481 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I really need a new memory card.

The prices though, yuck.
  • neosalad 15 May 2013 22:56:23 953 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    just reserved 3G Vita @ Argos with LBP and 4GB card for £169.99
    HWG!

anyone gonna talk me out of it... before i pick it up tomorrow. lol
    will need a bigger memory card no doubt, cos i have a crapload of PS+ games for Vita ready!

just bought a Wii U last week too!
    Madness!!

Edited by neosalad at 22:57:22 15-05-2013
  • Progguitarist 15 May 2013 22:59:43 10,481 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    You'll DEFINITELY need a bigger card.

Vita is a lush piece of hardware.
  • H1ggyLTD 15 May 2013 23:02:12 1,793 posts
    Seen 28 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Wii U drops again and i might be tempted, too.
  • neosalad 15 May 2013 23:02:45 953 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I'll no doubt get the 32GB from amazon with free Fifa 13 code...
    damn, my mastercards been hammered this month... dreading the statement
    wii u, wii u games, wii u accesories.... wii games... food, beer, diesel.
    *sigh*

Edited by neosalad at 23:06:08 15-05-2013
  • Page

of 39 First / Last