Best 10 inch Tablet? Page 4

• Page

of 4 First / Last

Next
  • phAge 1 Aug 2013 11:47:20 24,336 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Any idea when/if we'll get a new Nexus 10? Love what I'm hearing about the new 7, but the screen just ain't big enough to justify getting one when I already have a Galaxy S2 for browsing from the couch.
  • pauleyc 1 Aug 2013 11:52:09 4,444 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    @phAge

Samsung is working on it, according to rumours: http://mobile.theverge.com/2013/7/25/4555860/sundar-pichai-samsung-making-new-nexus-10-tablet
  • phAge 1 Aug 2013 11:57:09 24,336 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Excellent. I tried my brother's Galaxy 10.1, and the size was spot-on - but the low-res screen and obvious performance problems were dealbreakers. Fix those and I'm all over it.
  • Deleted user 1 August 2013 12:02:03
    The bezel on the Nexus 10 is hilarious. How anyone can use that and not feel like an idiot I don't know. Hopefully they focus on that with the next iteration.
  • Shikasama 19 Aug 2013 23:55:14 6,603 posts
    Seen 51 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Now that the missus has got her self an iPad I find myself wanting a ten inch tablet. Not entirely sure what i d use it for but I thought the same about the nexus 7 I'm writing this very message on. Could get one then finally tuck the pc away in a another room for gaming and use it for general fannying about
  • Deleted user 20 August 2013 00:10:03
    The surface rt is brilliant and I would definitely suggest having a look at one.
  • DrStrangelove 20 Aug 2013 01:44:12 3,368 posts
    Seen 47 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @Shikasama

I was dissatisfied with the handling of my iPad 3, made me wish for a Nexus 7 that you might hold comfortably in one hand. Would be interesting to read your thoughts on this.
  • Shikasama 20 Aug 2013 07:30:46 6,603 posts
    Seen 51 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Aye the surface devices do look very cool, especially in that 10 inch space, seem to be decent value for money. I imagine it has great PC connectivity too which would help with the PC upstairs/tablet downstairs vibe I could go for.

@DrStrangelove - I don't have anything bad to say about the 7 at all, to, top device. I find though that the size of the screen doesn't really let me do much that I can't do on my Galaxy S3. In fact, if it wasn't for comic book reading my N7 would get very little usage.

The ability to handle the N7 is a bit weird as well. I find it very uncomfortable without a case, but then the bulk of the case I have (cheapo type thing, absolutely no doubt you can get better) makes it rather unwieldy an somewhat difficult to keep clean.
  • DrStrangelove 20 Aug 2013 12:19:30 3,368 posts
    Seen 47 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @Shikasama

I see, makes sense. I'm not a big fan of the widescreen format too, most I did on the tablet was web browsing, and 4:3 is ideal for that imo.

The handling problems I had with the iPad were 1) too heavy and 2) the aluminum case is slippery. I liked the grippier back of the Nexus 7, although I only held that in my hands in the shop for a minute or so.

Probably the iPad Mini would be best for me, but that's too expensive and I learned to hate iOS.
  • Page

of 4 First / Last

Next