We need a Game Artist!

• Page

of 1

Previous Next
  • famous_roy 2 Nov 2012 11:48:38 4,102 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Hope this is appropriate for EG, we're a small game studio in London looking for a Game Artist for asset creation and to be lead artist on multiple projects (art direction etc).

We make games such as...

ZoMT http://games.adultswim.com/zomt-action-online-game.html
    The End http://www.playtheend.com/
    Axon http://www.kongregate.com/games/ExploreWellcome/axon
    and our latest 3D adventure: Super Sight http://www.playsuperme.com/games/supersight/

The role involves leading the art of multiple games, as well as getting your hands dirty in some asset production. To be more specific: Creating 2D + 3D art for the games and ideally being able to work on UX. This means we will require that you have a good understanding of graphic design (desirably UI) and can whip up production quality in-game art.

Ideally we require someone who has at least 2 years experience. However don't let that scare you. If you feel confident enough in your ability within these requirements, still consider throwing us an email anyway. If we love your stuff, we may be getting in contact for future projects.

It might be a good idea to read the official job description http://preloaded.com/jobs/game-artist/ before you apply.

Please email working@preloaded.com, detailing your interest, relevant experience and examples of work. It would be a massive plus if you can send us a really neat portfolio website (as this can be used as a good example of your GUI skills.)

Look forward to hearing from you guys.

I'm papercaves on the Twitter. This is mah Tumblr and I'm ulysseys31 on PSN :D

• DaM 2 Nov 2012 12:19:24 13,528 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Dental...oh it's you!
  • neilka 2 Nov 2012 12:48:43 16,527 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I did some art for a friend's bar once if that counts. Can't remember his name at the moment though.

BAAANG!!!!! EXPLOTION!!!!!

• Load_2.0 2 Nov 2012 13:59:14 19,662 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I have done a bit of work, my most recent piece carries a message.

Give peace a chance. The unicorns represent peace and they are investigating why the ninja's and terrorists are fighting, the gold stars are their love beams, the cobatants have erections as they love war.

• Deleted user 2 November 2012 14:03:05
    neilka wrote:
    I did some art for a friend's bar once if that counts. Can't remember his name at the moment though.
    Ben.
  • Deleted user 2 November 2012 14:03:49
    Job adverts with no mention wages get on my tits.
  • neilka 2 Nov 2012 14:04:37 16,527 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Aargh. wrote:
    neilka wrote:
    Ben.
    No, he likes girls.

• Deleted user 2 November 2012 14:19:21
    Load_2.0 wrote:
    I have done a bit of work, my most recent piece carries a message.

Give peace a chance. The unicorns represent peace and they are investigating why the ninja's and terrorists are fighting, the gold stars are their love beams, the cobatants have erections as they love war.

that looks great.

I started to do one of the dark knight but the head took me 20 minutes so I didn't finish it.

shrug.

• kdsh7 2 Nov 2012 15:03:09 1,177 posts
    Seen 54 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I think it's appropriate for EG, you'd think there'd be a lot of people looking for a role in game art here. Especially at a studio as respected as Preloaded.

That said it'd be hilarious if next year, at some TIGA or BAFTA event, Preloaded went to accept an award for a game based on the art of Load_2.0 :)
  • Load_2.0 2 Nov 2012 15:04:43 19,662 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    bitch_tits_zero_nine:

That is superb, he looks like he is in a classic Fujian White Crane stance, plus you have captured a real intensity and purpose in his expression.

Edited by Load_2.0 at 15:05:50 02-11-2012
  • neilka 2 Nov 2012 15:13:29 16,527 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Is Batman having a wank there?

Is it Alfred's day off?

• Deleted user 2 November 2012 15:18:25
    In my head he was doing a kung fu move.

If I was good at art, my original idea was to do Batmans head with a thought bubble which would be a picture of the scene where his parents get shot, thus inspiring the Dark Knight.

But the more time I put into it the more I came to realise I'm a crap bastard.

Load_2.0 pic is great.
  • famous_roy 2 Nov 2012 15:41:52 4,102 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    kdsh7 wrote:
    I think it's appropriate for EG, you'd think there'd be a lot of people looking for a role in game art here. Especially at a studio as respected as Preloaded.

That said it'd be hilarious if next year, at some TIGA or BAFTA event, Preloaded went to accept an award for a game based on the art of Load_2.0 :)
    Cheers Kev, appreciate the kind words :)

You'd think so! Just thought EG community likes indie games and are a decent bunch. It's a very cool job, I posted here as if it's someone who's crazy into games that's a massive bonus!

I'm papercaves on the Twitter. This is mah Tumblr and I'm ulysseys31 on PSN :D

• SubPixel 2 Jul 2013 22:18:47 1 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Hi, I think I could be late to reply, but I've just recently started on the forums here (1st post!). I'm a 2D games artist, you could always contact me for future games art assets, or just for a quick discussion and networking.

All the best,

Sub Pixel
  • Page

of 1

Previous Next