Logitech are awesome! And other good customer support experiences.

• Page

of 1

Previous Next
  • Khanivor 16 Oct 2012 01:58:35 39,874 posts
    Seen 56 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I've always had a soft spot for Logitech products. I've had lots of their mice and plenty of their keyboards. When I wrote for a gaming site I used to blag a fair few of their kit to review and it's always been top quality stuff.

Until lately, that is. I have one of their incredible Illuminated keyboards, after buying one for work and falling in love with it. Well, Kid O likes to play web games and evidently at least one of them had her mashing the down arrow. Being a laptop style keyboard the little fasteners on the back of the key snapped.

Long story short, I called up customer support and, hoping not to have to pay five bucks in S&H for a replacement key told him of my love of Logitech. They can;t send me a new key. But they are going to send me an entire new replacement keyboard!!!

Fucking awesome!

/csb

That's what I call customer service. Not only will it encourage me to keep buying their stuff but here I am telling a whole bunch of other people how awesome they are. Why can't more companies have such great support?
  • Syrette 16 Oct 2012 02:24:23 41,810 posts
    Seen 34 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    PLANT

• Deleted user 16 October 2012 06:16:19
    Apple, but of course no one likes to hear that. Chipped part of old laptop through wear and tear. Fixed and replaced for free-long out of warranty. Charger cable broke after years of being cut under table leg and yanked. Free replacement with next day delivery. Etc.

Boo hiss
  • FanBoysSuck 16 Oct 2012 08:37:40 1,384 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Yeah while I never had to have anything replaced myself, I've got quite a few mates with positive stories about Apple customer support.

Myself? Overclockers.co.uk have been great on phone support. Not treating you like an idiot and giving you sound advice about how to fix problems.

For the emperor!

• bronzemedal 16 Oct 2012 09:01:21 35 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I've had a good experience with Apple too, they replaced an ipod outright when the headphone jack stopped working. However, my girlfriend's iphone 4 broke a week out of it's warranty due to corrupted firmware and they refused to replace that without her paying something like 120 for refurbished model. Thought that was poor ... it cost nearly as much as my car and it's not guaranteed for more than a year!
  • brokenkey 16 Oct 2012 09:31:03 6,802 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I've got a logitech G700 wireless mouse. Its shit, none of the extra buttons work unless its running of its USB cable. No solution on their forums.

3DS 3497-0122-1484
    XBL/PSN/NNID: CptnBrokenkey

• X201 16 Oct 2012 09:44:46 14,696 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    FanBoysSuck wrote:
    Overclockers.co.uk have been great on phone support. Not treating you like an idiot and giving you sound advice about how to fix problems.
    Is this the same Overclockers UK that have caused users of this forum to use every single swear word known to man, plus a few new ones, to describe their operation, especially their returns policy and phone manners?
  • FanBoysSuck 16 Oct 2012 10:32:57 1,384 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    X201 wrote:
    FanBoysSuck wrote:
    Overclockers.co.uk have been great on phone support. Not treating you like an idiot and giving you sound advice about how to fix problems.
    Is this the same Overclockers UK that have caused users of this forum to use every single swear word known to man, plus a few new ones, to describe their operation, especially their returns policy and phone manners?
    Probably, I do remember quite a few people having problems with them. They were really nice to me both times I've phoned them though. Maybe I talked to a new guy who hadn't become jaded by phone support yet.

For the emperor!

• teamHAM 16 Oct 2012 11:06:57 2,406 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago

Overclockers.co.uk
    .....shudder.

XBox Live, Origin, PSN and Games for Windows Live Gamertag: teamHAM

• THFourteen 16 Oct 2012 12:29:52 31,804 posts
    Seen 33 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I live in a throwaway culture.

If something breaks I throw it away.
  • Blakester 16 Oct 2012 12:33:00 3,347 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Another big thumbs up for Logitech here.

My harmony remote stopped retaining its charge and was a good 6 months out of warranty.

Quick call to customer services and they sent out a new battery the same day with no charge.

When you can't see the angles on the wall you're in trouble.

• Carlo 16 Oct 2012 13:09:25 17,913 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    My Nexus 7's screen cracked. I'm in contact with Asus.

I'll let you know it goes but so far, it's an ordeal just to get an RMA!

HTC however were damn near perfect when it came to repairing my Desire HD that was well over a year old.

PSN ID: Djini

• yegon 6 Jan 2013 18:46:13 4,898 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    brokenkey wrote:
    I've got a logitech G700 wireless mouse. Its shit, none of the extra buttons work unless its running of its USB cable. No solution on their forums.
    Eh? Did you ever solve this?

I've got two, they work brilliantly. One is for my pc and gaming purposes, the other is for my mac and extremely efficiently replicates everything a trackpad does with all the gestures and stuff.

Only downside is they eat batteries like a mofo (Eneloop rechargeables ftw) and are pretty damn expensive in the first place.

Edited by yegon at 18:46:38 06-01-2013
  • Armoured_Bear 6 Jan 2013 19:10:08 8,746 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Apple are awesome, my iMac was over a year out of warranty but had developed problems behind the screen which caused dark smudges.
    Once they identified the problem, they couriered out a full 27" new screen which arrived in hours and it was all replaced for free.
    Brilliant customer service.

XBL : ecosse011172
    PSN : ecosse_011172
    NNID : armoured_bear

• Khanivor 6 Jan 2013 19:22:07 39,874 posts
    Seen 56 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    That reminds me, anyone want to buy a perfectly good - only missing one key - Logitech Illuminated Keyboard?
  • Page

of 1

Previous Next