EG Secret Santa, 2012 Page 3

• Page

of 12 First / Last

• boo 13 Nov 2012 09:19:51 11,860 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    *REMINDERBUMP*

Just a nudge that registration for this year's EG Secret Santa closes at midnight on Friday.

Still time to sign up, and then look forward to the trepidation of opening a mystery parcel of weirdness from someone you've probably never met, in front of all your family.

It's the true spirit of Christmas!

Just Another Lego Blog

• boo 16 Nov 2012 09:17:19 11,860 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Last chance to sign up for this year's Secret Santa - PM me by midnight if you want in with some present-y goodness.

Enchanted - Have PM'd you. If I haven't got your address details by midnight, I'll have to take you off the list.

Just Another Lego Blog

• Carlo 16 Nov 2012 20:13:04 18,117 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    So what's happening boo? Have emails gone out yet?

/raring to go shopping!

PSN ID: Djini

• ibenam 16 Nov 2012 20:38:38 1,483 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I've got my pressie waiting to go to the lucky fucker who gets my name out of the hat.

We should get everyone to video themselves opening it on a dedicated youtube channel.

Think the reactions alone would be worth the admission ticket!
  • boo 16 Nov 2012 20:50:26 11,860 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Now that sounds like a plan!

Registration closes at midnight tonight, and everyone should receive a mail with their giftee's details by the end of the weekend.

Just Another Lego Blog

• BravoGolf Moderator 17 Nov 2012 22:14:45 12,748 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I'd like a Galaxy Note 2 please. Thanks :) xxx
  • Salaman 17 Nov 2012 22:52:09 19,312 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    ibenam wrote:
    We should get everyone to video themselves opening it on a dedicated youtube channel.

Excellent! I like it!
  • ibenam 17 Nov 2012 23:23:07 1,483 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Salaman wrote:
    ibenam wrote:

Excellent! I like it!
    Youtube account set up!

eurogamersecretsanta

What's the best way to get the videos up, should i just give the password out so everyone can upload or just one person uploads videos?

We can also keep the person in the video a secret to double the laughs,

This may end in tears!

Edited by ibenam at 23:23:21 17-11-2012

Edited by ibenam at 23:24:21 17-11-2012
  • Carlo 18 Nov 2012 16:24:10 18,117 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Facepalm. I have not either yet. I think boo meant this week coming

• boo 18 Nov 2012 17:08:18 11,860 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I'm aiming to get PM's out tonight. Certainly everyone should have their target / giftee within the next 24 hours.

Enchanted - unless I hear from you in the next hour, I'm afraid I'll have to knock you off this year's list.

Just Another Lego Blog

• Deleted user 18 November 2012 19:46:58
    boo wrote:
    I'm aiming to get PM's out tonight. Certainly everyone should have their target / giftee within the next 24 hours.

Enchanted - unless I hear from you in the next hour, I'm afraid I'll have to knock you off this year's list.
    WOOT \o/
  • danathjo 18 Nov 2012 20:25:09 7,451 posts
    Seen 27 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    ???
    what are you on about?
  • Carlo 18 Nov 2012 20:35:37 18,117 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Facepalm wrote:
    Carlo wrote:
    Facepalm. I have not either yet. I think boo meant this week coming
    That list is half of last years and where did muttler go. EG sec santa is dead.
    Don't hit quote on my post then post infantile bollocks please. People might think I have something to do with you

• DFawkes 18 Nov 2012 20:49:41 23,435 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Facepalm wrote:
    And I'm on a mission to do all my christmas shopping before the end of november and have them all wrapped, as I'm mega busy in December and working over Christmas :(
    Right, so clearly within the next 24 hours is perfectly acceptable if you have to do your shopping before the end of November. And that's at the absolute latest, for all I know names have already been handed out.

Facepalm wrote:
    I'm off this years list then. Merry Christmas to you too.
    Wait, what? So what you really meant was you absolutely, 100% have to do your shopping tomorrow. Fair enough I suppose, that's your right. You're still being respectful enough :)

Facepalm wrote:
    I'm off the list. Don't send me an address.

I'm out.

Boo being a selective dick head.
    Ah, no you're not. You're calling a kind forumite who successfully ran this last year and is doing so again names, just because you have to do your shopping on a specific day. Rather uncalled for, isn't it?

Sure, I know that really it isn't any of my business, but I don't think you're being fair at all to Boo, so I'm hoping you'll be offensive towards me instead for poking my nose in :p Not that Boo will take you seriously of course. Boo is wise.

Edited by DFawkes at 20:56:56 18-11-2012

Oh for goodness sake, I've caught my scrotum in my zip again - Margaret Thatcher, 1986

• boo 18 Nov 2012 21:52:30 11,860 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Ok, I'm a bit confused, but I'll assume that Facepalm doesn't want to take part in this year's Secret Santa.

Also, haven't heard from Enchanted, so have had to take you off the list too.

Everybody else - PM's on the way.

Just Another Lego Blog

• Carlo 18 Nov 2012 22:03:50 18,117 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    \○/

• drhcnip 18 Nov 2012 22:10:58 2,547 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    hurrah!
  • muttler 18 Nov 2012 22:30:45 4,141 posts
    Seen 58 seconds ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Fruit, as I've said to boo in a pm, I asked to be removed from the EG secret Santa this year.
  • ibenam 19 Nov 2012 00:25:58 1,483 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Got the pm boo - thanks.

Im presuming facepalm has been banned as all of his messages have dissapeared.
  • boo 19 Nov 2012 00:29:19 11,860 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Right.

Everybody who signed up (and sent me their details) should now have a PM with the address of who they're sending a gift to.

Most are in the UK - a small number of people have been randomly drawn overseas giftee's (well - apart from the ones who live overseas. That wasn't random at all.)

To those, I'd say can you try and get your parcels in the post as early as poss, please? To everyone else, can you try and have your gifts in the post by Friday Dec 14th at the latest.

(I can't believe that someone PM'd me to say their gift was sorted and delivery was organised before I'd finished sending out the PMs!)

If you want to know sizes of things (feet, T-shirt size etc), I'm happy to pass questions on and get the answers back to you, otherwise, get creative and get posting.

Merry Christmas, one and all!!

Just Another Lego Blog

• ibenam 19 Nov 2012 00:36:21 1,483 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Are we getting them in the post asap but not opening till xmas day?

If so would be worth writing secret santa on the envelope as i tend to rip anything open that comes through the door!
  • robthehermit 19 Nov 2012 00:59:13 4,183 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I think getting a package addressed to your username would be a good clue.

GT: robthehermit

Velim esset mundus iustus futuis procul et mori.

• Page

of 12 First / Last