Official PlayStation Mobile thread (UK) Page 8

• Page

of 17 First / Last

• jonsaan 13 Jul 2013 07:41:32 25,440 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Badman is really excellent. It's easily worth 4.79. Easily.

FCUTA!

• H1ggyLTD 13 Jul 2013 16:02:29 1,939 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Blue Skies looks ok - anybody played it?
  • aros 15 Jul 2013 09:17:48 3,421 posts
    Seen 59 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I've tried Tokyo Jungle now and it's good fun. Seems the perfect game for a quick 5 - 10 minutes trying to beat your high score. Lots of animals to unlock too.

It's not a turn based game, just grid movement. I'd recommend it at the current price.
  • Flying_Pig 15 Jul 2013 10:19:47 11,480 posts
    Seen 30 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @aros - I've bought it, but not played it yet...
  • aros 15 Jul 2013 11:58:30 3,421 posts
    Seen 59 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Aye I got it on release day but didn't try it until a day or three ago but I enjoyed what I played. It's simple but reminds me of a game from the Spectrum about survival (can't remember the name at the moment!) it's good fun trying to beat your high scores, although a friend's leaderboard would add a LOT to the game - I'd love to be able to compete against you guys for who can be the best chicken :p

I guess we can post our highest scores here once a few of you are playing it and I've spent some more time with it?

Edited by aros at 11:59:07 15-07-2013
  • HiddenAway 17 Jul 2013 06:55:37 14,996 posts
    Seen 16 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    A lot of releases today, probably too many for an early morning rush but I'll try anyway. First off, we have Touch Treasure - which I can't figure out from the screenshots alone but it involves bombs and treasure (like Sony's freebie maybe :p). Then there is The Packet Queen, a sorting game with a distinctive style. Not sure how it plays

Picbox returns after suffering IAP issues (you couldn't buy the full game :p). Hermit Crab in Space is the winner of the PSM Game Jam 2013. Flapper Princess is a game where you use a slingshot to kill a dragon (and other enemies). Feed me Oil is EA/Chillingo's first release on the platform where the aim is to get as much oil into the end section as possible (think Puddle).

There's a Dynamic Visual Acuity Test (something you can search :p) and Block Buster, which sadly isn't about hexagons and "P's" - it's a breakout clone. This week's most interesting game is Adventure Bar Labyrinth, a Japanese style roguelike(?) game which is spun-off from mobile game Adventure Bar Story. It's free to play and so far the IAP's look fairly optional. Worth a look if you don't mind being hampered by mobile controls being visible at all times (a shame).

Oh, and if you forgot to grab Tokyo Jungle Mobile last week, you missed out. It's now 4.79.

Games
    Touch Treasure - 0.40
    Picbox - FREE (IAP to purchase extra puzzles)
    The Packet Queen - 2.39
    Hermit Crab in Space - 2.19
    Flapper Princess - 4.49
    Feed Me Oil - 1.19
    Dynamic Visual Acuity Test - 0.79
    Block Buster - 2.99
    Adventure Bar Labyrinth - FREE

Edited by HiddenAway at 06:56:37 17-07-2013

On Twitter: @HiddenAway1

• Flying_Pig 17 Jul 2013 07:15:42 11,480 posts
    Seen 30 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Hermit Crabs in Space looks pretty interesting...
  • aros 17 Jul 2013 09:58:35 3,421 posts
    Seen 59 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    aros wrote:
    Aye I got it on release day but didn't try it until a day or three ago but I enjoyed what I played. It's simple but reminds me of a game from the Spectrum about survival (can't remember the name at the moment!) it's good fun trying to beat your high scores, although a friend's leaderboard would add a LOT to the game - I'd love to be able to compete against you guys for who can be the best chicken :p

I guess we can post our highest scores here once a few of you are playing it and I've spent some more time with it?
    What do you know, it was called Survival! No wonder that was the only word coming in to my head as I tried to recall the name of the game, lol.

• aros 17 Jul 2013 10:03:00 3,421 posts
    Seen 59 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Sounds good - hopefully Hermit Crab in Space will peak my interest and will definitely pick up Adventure Bar Story.

Cleared a little space by deleting HD Adventures of Rotating Octopus Character and Coconut Dodge so the two new games should be an upgrade!
  • Mr-Brett 17 Jul 2013 10:14:55 12,891 posts
    Seen 35 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Hermit Crab in Space reminds me of a Captain Forever which is no bad thing.

Level 37 Social Justice Warrior

• aros 17 Jul 2013 10:51:03 3,421 posts
    Seen 59 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Just read the Hermit Crabs blog post. Will definitely buy it later, it sounds pretty good. It's a shame that any PSM related post just has everyone from other countries moaning at Sony when it's a post from a developer so Sony Hate isn't the slightest bit relevant.
  • HiddenAway 24 Jul 2013 06:50:28 14,996 posts
    Seen 16 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Another 3 titles on the store this week. Attack of the Mutants is a shooter featuring a pizza of some kind? There's also fishFishFISH, a puzzle game featuring a cat-eared girl and her desire for something. Can't tell what that might be...

Oh, and Square-Enix mobile game, Chaos Rings is out this week as well but I suggest you watch a few gameplay videos before grabbing the game because apparently the frame rate is really choppy. It's also quite pricey.

Games
    Attack of the Mutants - 0.40
    fishFishFISH - 0.69
    Chaos Rings - 6.49

• Flying_Pig 24 Jul 2013 07:42:20 11,480 posts
    Seen 30 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Played Cytus Lambda yesterday (it's a free rhythm-action type game)

The free version is generous, giving you about 12 tracks to master, but they'rd all dodgy j-pop offerings. The game play is pretty solid so if you're a fan of the genre (and Japanese pop music) then it's definitely worth a go.

Just be warned though - the cost to unlock the remaining 5 chapters (12 sings in each) is a wapping 9.69!
  • Murbs 24 Jul 2013 08:31:48 22,579 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Having played Chaos Rings on iOS when it first came out I can safely say that it's not all that good anyway. It stood out at the time - new JRPG IP, Square, comparatively high price point... But it's just nothing special at all. On a console where you have access to a wealth of quality Japanese titles (both PSP and Vita) and proper physical controls it's not worth the effort. IMHO and all that of course.
  • Flying_Pig 24 Jul 2013 09:45:27 11,480 posts
    Seen 30 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Sounds like Adventure Bar Labyrinth (free) is a much better bet to sate any RPG hunger...
  • Murbs 24 Jul 2013 10:29:52 22,579 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Flying_Pig wrote:
    Sounds like Adventure Bar Labyrinth (free) is a much better bet to sate any RPG hunger...
    I didn't get on with it. Much prefer the original Adventure Bar Story. This feels to me just a little bit dull, and I didn't like the combat. Far better casual roguelikes out there on mobile imho - Cardinal Quest & Legends of Yore to name but 2.
  • HiddenAway 24 Jul 2013 12:40:04 14,996 posts
    Seen 16 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Murbal wrote:
    Flying_Pig wrote:
    I didn't get on with it. Much prefer the original Adventure Bar Story. This feels to me just a little bit dull, and I didn't like the combat. Far better casual roguelikes out there on mobile imho - Cardinal Quest & Legends of Yore to name but 2.
    I'd love to play the original but I just can't get on with touch controls in RPG's :(.

I'd be willing to try again when I eventually get a tablet though.

• aros 24 Jul 2013 13:01:37 3,421 posts
    Seen 59 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    jonsaan wrote:
    Badman is really excellent. It's easily worth 4.79. Easily.
    I second this. I picked it up last week and its brilliant. Highly recommended even at 4.79.
  • Murbs 24 Jul 2013 13:36:51 22,579 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @aros so wish I'd bought it first week it was out - if I'd known what price it was going up to I definitely would have.
  • Murbs 24 Jul 2013 13:38:37 22,579 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    wrong thread /o\

Edited by Murbal at 13:44:27 24-07-2013
  • aros 24 Jul 2013 14:16:55 3,421 posts
    Seen 59 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Murbal wrote:
    @aros so wish I'd bought it first week it was out - if I'd known what price it was going up to I definitely would have.
    Me too. I feel like it was great value for money even having paid 4.79 for it. I've clocked at least 10 hours on it during the last week. It's very, very addictive.
  • H1ggyLTD 24 Jul 2013 15:22:32 1,939 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    What is it?
  • StixxUK 24 Jul 2013 17:08:46 7,287 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    What's "Bad man" actually called, over here? Struggling to find any info or reviews....
  • HiddenAway 24 Jul 2013 18:02:13 14,996 posts
    Seen 16 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    StixxUK wrote:
    What's "Bad man" actually called, over here? Struggling to find any info or reviews....
    "What did I do to deserve this my Lord?!"

Later games were called "No Heroes Allowed"

Edited by HiddenAway at 18:02:36 24-07-2013

• Murbs 25 Jul 2013 11:11:01 22,579 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    The puzzle game jonsaan is referring to is called Yu-Nama.
  • aros 25 Jul 2013 13:10:56 3,421 posts
    Seen 59 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Yu-Nama is my favourite PSM game easily.

Hermit Crabs is good but quite shallow. I'd recommend it as long as you know it was originally from a game jam. A full featured PSN version would be great as the design has a lot of potential.
  • StixxUK 28 Jul 2013 17:08:25 7,287 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Been playing lots of super crate box, brilliant game! Yu Nama will have to be next!
  • aros 29 Jul 2013 09:36:41 3,421 posts
    Seen 59 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    While Yu-Nama is a match three, it's not just switch blocks like a normal one of these games.

Your power is to destroy blocks on the playing field. You can switch a left or right adjacent block into the gap created or let the blocks fall down from above. Doing this you line up threes which obviously pop.

When a three match is created, they form one block of the next up the chain. From creating threes of red blocks you can create boss blocks, and matching three of these creates dragons.

Matching three dragons removes all stone blocks (these come from enemies attacking and can't be destroyed) as well as all 'mud' blocks (these can be destroyed but can't be matched)

From matching blocks in this way you create minions who attack the hero making his way toward Badman to kidnap him. On the left side of the playing board you see the battles taking place, the right of the board shows the heroes progress toward Badman. He must be destroyed by you before reaching the end of this journey.

To kill heroes more quickly you must use combos - these are created by matching a new set of three before all blocks stop moving and fall into place. There's a short gap before blocks fall into gaps giving you a chance to create combos.

A good tip for those who are going to buy the game is, when you are building a combo chain and can't see an immediate match, just destroy a block at the very top of an unused row - this resets the timer before all the blocks have fell into place as you have created a new gap. By doing this to give yourself a little breathing space to actually match three you can combo pretty much solidly in enemy battles.

There are two modes, each of 10 stages. When you have completed normal mode, you unlock EXTRA mode with 10 more harder stages.

The amount of content is huge - I've probably played for 12 hours and have not completed everything.

It's a brilliant puzzle game, I'd give it 9.5/10. and genuinely hope we see a full fledged PSN version with online multiplayer. The game is hugely addictive and it deserves the exposure and revenue a full release would create.

Unlike Lumines, one level will take around 10 minutes to complete IF you win. So it's a game that can fit to whatever time you have available.
  • Flying_Pig 29 Jul 2013 09:52:00 11,480 posts
    Seen 30 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Sounds great, but the price is really putting me off. Maybe I'll see how much PSN Credit I have left after this weeks sale...

(Probably a lot)
  • Murbs 29 Jul 2013 09:53:33 22,579 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Sale?
  • Page

of 17 First / Last